Texas chainsaw massacre on netlfix February 18th

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I agree, it kind of had that Bay flare to it. What made this easy to watch was I knew the characters were just there to be slaughtered. None of them were likable. And the movie delivered imo with the kills.
I definitely agree with you on the kills. Leatherface had no business dealing with these kids but damn was he brutal in this. I thought the way the camera followed the chainsaw upon its ripping of the floor was dope. Reminded me of something Sam Raimi would do.

I wonder who behind the scenes thought Sally was cherished enough to have her brought back in this though. She isn’t scratching most folks’ Top 10, 20 lists of Final Girls. She also went batshyt insane at the end of the original film.

They wanted her to be 2018 Laurie Strode, but also skipped the mental hurdles Laurie battled through before facing the big bad evil.:pachaha:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree, it kind of had that Bay flare to it. What made this easy to watch was I knew the characters were just there to be slaughtered. None of them were likable. And the movie delivered imo with the kills.

exactly breh they coulda left out the school shooter stuff because imo it felt tack and insulting to real victims. They coulda just leaned into the real fukkery and had a buncha of pretentious too smart for their own good gen z folks + backwards town folks get slaughtered for 90 minutes lol

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I definitely agree with you on the kills. Leatherface had no business dealing with these kids but damn was he brutal in this. I thought the way the camera followed the chainsaw upon its ripping of the floor was dope. Reminded me of something Sam Raimi would do.

I wonder who behind the scenes thought Sally was cherished enough to have her brought back in this though. She isn’t scratching most folks’ Top 10, 20 lists of Final Girls. She also went batshyt insane at the end of the original film.

They wanted her to be 2018 Laurie Strode, but also skipped the mental hurdles Laurie battled through before facing the big bad evil.:pachaha:
exactly and then she made soooo many mistakes where it was obvious she was put there to die, compared to other films where the folks who dedicate their lives to killing their tormentor dont waste any damn time

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I wonder how many rewrites away we were from Sally and Leatherface teaming up to take down the chefs and open up their own restaurant with family recipes instead of that overpriced gourmet bullshyt they probably planned on serving.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

And the fact she wasn't even the original actress (since Marilyn Burns, the original Sally is dead) makes the inclusion of the character doubly unnecessary.
Nothing would've been lost if they had nixed Sally being in the movie and just made the gas station guy be the one to come running to help only to be taken out like Halloran from The Shining.

Daps
I can't even give them props for that...I mean autopilot? Really? Those nitwits put the car on 5mph autopilot like they just got done visiting an art museum and not just fought for their lives all night against a chainsaw wielding hillbilly.

It was referencing the OG ending while satirising Gen Z; Sally was in hysterics telling the driver to go, whereas the two sisters are relying on technology to get them outta town. The 'auto pilot' was a great touch. It was one of a very few things that the director married up well.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

It was referencing the OG ending while satirising Gen Z; Sally was in hysterics telling the driver to go, whereas the two sisters are relying on technology to get them outta town. The 'auto pilot' was a great touch. It was one of a very few things that the director married up well.

200.gif