Tesla stock.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Lol, I really do love this Market.. nah I don't.

My thoughts on Telsa have been the same since it hit 600 pre covid crash.

Love the company
Neutral on the CEO
Hate the Valuation
Hate the cult even more.

Tesla owners looking for love can now join a dating network exclusively for 'like-minded Elon stans'

Anyway....

Q2 2020 Revs For Tesla: 5.2B
Net Income: 100 Million
Market Cap: 378B
Net Margin: 1.92%

Q2 2020 Revs for Walmart 134.5B
Net Income: 3.9B
Market Cap: 369.7B
Net margin: 2.9%

Q2 2020 revs for Visa 4.84B
Net Income: 2.37B:whoo:
Market Cap: 434 B
Net margin: 49% :ehh:

shyt, i know growth >>> value in the general market the last few decades but shyt... It's actually funny, i just did a seminar at GS a few weeks ago and the dude who did the Tesla valuation was doing a Q&A.... Obvi every had question and first was regarding the price. It' was trading at 1600 and their valuation was 1300 if i remember correctly.... Anyway, dude could hardly look into the camera and with a funny ass grin was like "yeah well assuming 20% y/y growth, drastic changes to their margin, and with a 3.5% perpetuity( This number should NEVER be over 2%) we have Tesla a 1300 so yeah it's over valued (mind you all the assumptions were pretty much best case scenario).

Do what you will, but in my opinion the risk/reward is trash, even if it hits 3k by end of month :yeshrug:

It really is a meme stock.

nothing you have said is different from 3 or 5 years ago, so there is obviously something you are missing

Starski

Superstar
Daps
nothing you have said is different from 3 or 5 years ago, so there is obviously something you are missing

I mean I really didn't say anything, in a sense. Truth be told I haven't spent much time understanding the in's and outs of the company. But anyway I'm assuming you do, so my question is what was the fundamental change in the business that happened in less than a year to warrant 200 too 2000? Like, I am actually very serious with this. And earnings beat do not justify that type of move.

And honestly, I really don't care that "I'm missing something" there are >5k domestic companies and countless EM's... you think tesla the only way to find alpha :mjlol: On top of both realized and implied volatility :picard: That potential drawdown :gag::gag:

Add ~138B in value after announcing a stock spit :russ: Even if you hardcore into the company you have to find that hilarious.

But shyt, what do i know... we living in a time where the dude who created barstool sports is out preforming ren tech, bridgwater, berskhire hathway and all them :mjlol:

fukk it... buy telsa cause stonks only go up.... :lolbron: QE really got the game on lock :wow: Thank you powell.

EDIT: and 3/5/6 years ago goldman sachs were not giving out 3.5% perpetuities.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tesla stock is $2k but how the fuk is Audi stock $1800+ when no other auto manufacturer is even within $1500 of that price?
The difference is Audi has 43 Million Shares Outstanding. Tesla has 185 Million Shares Outstanding.

If Audi did a 4:1 split tomorrow, they would have nearly as many shares outstanding as Tesla but their stock price would be $450.

Audi has a high stock price because they have low shares outstanding. So the market prices it correctly, meaning it isn't overvalued because it has a high stock price necessarily, there's just less supply of the stock.

Tesla is a good example of having high Shares Outstanding and a high stock price. Both combined equates to a high market cap.

Last edited:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Those are not two different things you can have an IRA account with tsla stock in it
I never said otherwise you cuck.

OP came in strictly asking about stocks and there are better investments higher in the pecking order that one should look to before they look at stocks. Why gamble when I can invest on a guarantee?

But whatever, you teach em.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I mean I really didn't say anything, in a sense. Truth be told I haven't spent much time understanding the in's and outs of the company. But anyway I'm assuming you do, so my question is what was the fundamental change in the business that happened in less than a year to warrant 200 too 2000? Like, I am actually very serious with this. And earnings beat do not justify that type of move.

And honestly, I really don't care that "I'm missing something" there are >5k domestic companies and countless EM's... you think tesla the only way to find alpha :mjlol: On top of both realized and implied volatility :picard: That potential drawdown :gag::gag:

Add ~138B in value after announcing a stock spit :russ: Even if you hardcore into the company you have to find that hilarious.

But shyt, what do i know... we living in a time where the dude who created barstool sports is out preforming ren tech, bridgwater, berskhire hathway and all them :mjlol:

fukk it... buy telsa cause stonks only go up.... :lolbron: QE really got the game on lock :wow: Thank you powell.

EDIT: and 3/5/6 years ago goldman sachs were not giving out 3.5% perpetuities.

well what happened last year is that they became profitable and now they will probably be included into the S&P500

but the theory is that AI, software, battery tech and solar panels will make Tesla the biggest car company in the world because others won't be able to compete

It's better to look up stuff on YouTube

LiIZaneFan1978

2PAC BACK
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are doing some that’s a win

Ive been buying AAPL since 2015 and just recently doubled up return-wise. I have a $201 avg cost

$TSLA is a 6X return from March and 10x flip from a year ago. That’s 2017 crypto numbers damn near :mjgrin:

We need Elon to tweet some more dumb shyt or hit another blunt so we can get in cheap

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I never said otherwise you cuck.

OP came in strictly asking about stocks and there are better investments higher in the pecking order that one should look to before they look at stocks. Why gamble when I can invest on a guarantee?

But whatever, you teach em.

sure dude

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
absolute lunacy

but speculation is still a way to make money if you know what you are doing.....but buying high and selling higher is a strategy you can use if its money you dont need and can afford to lose or can afford to wait to recover through pendulum swings in price
Speculation is fine but you wanna get in as close as possible to the ground floor on a speculative stock. Tesla is out of control. Not really trying to buy it at this point. If I bought it I'd have no idea when to sell. It isn't priced on any rational valuation. If you bought in the $200 range and sold in the $900 range this year you made money but it's $2000K now.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Wish I bought more at the time
:sadcam:

Hindsight is great, but no matter looking at my stocks today like
:wow: