Tesla stock.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats fine, you can buy tsla later after the split and also nflx

I’m so glad you put me on to this. So I put $1500 on Tesla and $1000 on amazon...I just received an update that Tesla is doing a 5 for 1 stock split. I have no idea what that means but I know that those 2 stocks were trending upwards since I got them.

I also got 5 shares of Uber just because...

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I’m so glad you put me on to this. So I put $1500 on Tesla and $1000 on amazon...I just received an update that Tesla is doing a 5 for 1 stock split. I have no idea what that means but I know that those 2 stocks were trending upwards since I got them.

cool

well technically the split means nothing, its like dividing a pizza pie into 5 slices, its still the same amount.....but in peoples minds they think eating 5 slices is different then eating a whole pie, hence it will help the stock because people think, wrongly, that they are getting a cheaper stock...it is what it is

but one really good thing about the split is that it will be easier to do covered calls an apple and tesla

once you have 100 of any stock you can sell call options, these are called covered calls, and they allow you to make income every week while still holding the stock

right now you would need 220,000 dollars (2200x100) to do covered calls on tesla, but after the split it will be only 44000. I think after the split you can get around 1 or 2 thousand a week just selling covered tsla covered calls

charknicks

All Star
Daps

Stock split means that for every 1 share of Tesla at $2,000 when they split it, your 1 share of Tesla will turn into 5 shares worth $400 each. This will give more people a chance to be able to invest in the company in theory at the lower price.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Microsoft is like a savings account or a CD with a higher return rate. It's about as safe as you can get but that's not a knock on the company. Some years your return can be 20%-30% but other years maybe just 5%...

Regardless if you are putting money into Microsoft it's safe and way more profitable than leaving cash in a savings. However, you might not get the higher gains as some of these other growth stocks.

The hot ETF to invest in right now is ARKK and their affiliates. ARKK ETF itself is up about 90% on the year and it's up over 300% over the last three year span. If someone put $1000 in ARKK 3 years ago it would now be worth $4000.

Tesla is the biggest holding in ARKK. The other biggest holding is Square. Bunch of tech and innovation companies.

how can i buy into the arkk etf?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
how can i buy into the arkk etf?

All you need to do is setup an account on any brokerage Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, M1 Finance, Robinhood, Charles Schwab, etc.

Once you setup an account then you can search for ARKK that's the symbol and you can purchase stock. But Ark management has other ETFs other than "ARKK" that are also interesting..

Keep in mind this is not a "make a lot of money in a few days" type of thing. When you invest in an ETF you are doing so to watch it grow over time but as I said they have had crazy returns this year and over the past 3 years. Cathie Woods is the fund manager and she really knows what she's doing.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
cool

well technically the split means nothing, its like dividing a pizza pie into 5 slices, its still the same amount.....but in peoples minds they think eating 5 slices is different then eating a whole pie, hence it will help the stock because people think, wrongly, that they are getting a cheaper stock...it is what it is

Eh not necessarily. Some people don't understand it but the reason why I bought more Apple/Tesla is because I know that more retail investors who felt buying into them at their current prices was too steep for them so in a sense them buying a few shares after the split is like them investing in fractional shares. The value doesn't change, it just became more attractive to people with smaller accounts.

LiIZaneFan1978

2PAC BACK
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bought 10k worth in March. Life is good

also made 20k from buying 4 bitcoins recently. Copped at 6k and flipped at 11k.

looking at your post history you haven’t mentioned Tesla or Bitcoin once, or the stock market at all. But you had the foresight to drop $10,000 cash in a pandemic, in the biggest market freefall since the Great Depression, right before it turned around? Then dropped another 24k cash on BTC for a quick double up?

I call bullshyt.

Post receipts and I owe u a rep.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
looking at your post history you haven’t mentioned Tesla or Bitcoin once, or the stock market at all. But you had the foresight to drop $10,000 cash in a pandemic, in the biggest market freefall since the Great Depression, right before it turned around? Then dropped another 24k cash on BTC for a quick double up?

I call bullshyt.

Post receipts and I owe u a rep.

you got me and fukk your rep.