Tesla stock.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
It makes long term investing easy, since there’s only one or two buy / sell trading windows. A lot of people in the boiler room thread have a preference for it.

here’s an example of my most successful account.
M1 Finance - Free Automated Investing

It’s up 79% this quarter.

oh ok, so you can put whatever amount into a "pie"

do people be posting their pies in the boiler room or other places?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So if I own a TSLA stock by the 21st, I’ll have a total of 4 or 5 at the 5 to 1 split in Sept? So buying one share today at $2k could potentially be worth $5k or more in the coming months? I’m new to this...

No. If the price is $2000 and you buy 1 share it would be split into 5 shares at a $400 cost basis. The value doesn't change. The reason for the stock split is because it will be more attractive to retail investors and also it may give Tesla an opportunity to join the DOW and be included in the S&P 500.

Theoretically the stock should continue to rise after the split.. but there will be a pullback coming at some point, so you may have to weather a storm before you make some serious money.

Let's say the stock is now $400 a share and it goes up 20% over the following 3-6 months. Now it's worth $480 a share and you have 5 of them. That would mean you would have made $400 total because the value would increase from $2000 you spent to now $2400.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It's a car company. If they announced for Q3 2020 they sold 0 cars what do you think would happen to their stock price?

1. Tesla is not a 'car' company.

2. Tesla is a 'Tech' and 'Data' company that sells cars as one of their product lines.

3. There's a BIG difference between 1 and 2. Never confuse the two.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You can have all the potential in the world.

The balance sheet eventually must be reckoned with. So they might end up being the largest electric battery company in the world. I am not sold on that fact yet

The rise in stock price has not been driven by any categoric uptick in their business. It has been speculators.
Yeah the TTM PE ratio is over 1000. You have to pay $1000 for every dollar the company earns in profit. That's insane.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Let me tell you..had you bought this after the crash you would be feasting right now. :wow:

This and another stock have dug me out a hole a few times while learning how to play Options.

how did you learn how to play options and how much risk is there to doing it?

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
No. If the price is $2000 and you buy 1 share it would be split into 5 shares at a $400 cost basis. The value doesn't change. The reason for the stock split is because it will be more attractive to retail investors and also it may give Tesla an opportunity to join the DOW and be included in the S&P 500.

Theoretically the stock should continue to rise after the split.. but there will be a pullback coming at some point, so you may have to weather a storm before you make some serious money.

Let's say the stock is now $400 a share and it goes up 20% over the following 3-6 months. Now it's worth $480 a share and you have 5 of them. That would mean you would have made $400 total because the value would increase from $2000 you spent to now $2400.
The GOD POST. I'm quoting this so that the internet doesn't take it down.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

2. Tesla is a 'Tech' and 'Data' company that sells cars as one of their product lines.

Not to mention they are into energy now. Cars is going to be the main selling point but their software and energy components will end up being just as important.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Tesla is a car company that developed tech mostly centered around cars collects data related to driving cars and has branched into home energy.

Google is a tech and data company. Tesla is not.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Microsoft would be your best bet

Microsoft is like a savings account or a CD with a higher return rate. It's about as safe as you can get but that's not a knock on the company. Some years your return can be 20%-30% but other years maybe just 5%...

Regardless if you are putting money into Microsoft it's safe and way more profitable than leaving cash in a savings. However, you might not get the higher gains as some of these other growth stocks.

The hot ETF to invest in right now is ARKK and their affiliates. ARKK ETF itself is up about 90% on the year and it's up over 300% over the last three year span. If someone put $1000 in ARKK 3 years ago it would now be worth $4000.

Tesla is the biggest holding in ARKK. The other biggest holding is Square. Bunch of tech and innovation companies.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
robinhood, webull, td ameritrade

robinhood is the easiest to use

I just went ahead and got some amazon stock and something vantage and they gave me some free stock I never heard of.

In 5-7 days or whatever I’ll be able to invest what I originally wanted to do with Tesla.