Tesla stock.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So if I own a TSLA stock by the 21st, I’ll have a total of 4 or 5 at the 5 to 1 split in Sept? So buying one share today at $2k could potentially be worth $5k or more in the coming months? I’m new to this...

no the price will be “split” too

if the stock closes at $2k by the end of next week

the stock would become $400 since you’ll receive 5 shares

also the 21st is not a hard deadline...I thought it was

but if you purchase tesla stock next week...the split will still be honored just as long as you hold it til the 28th

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
So if I own a TSLA stock by the 21st, I’ll have a total of 4 or 5 at the 5 to 1 split in Sept? So buying one share today at $2k could potentially be worth $5k or more in the coming months? I’m new to this...

lets say it stays at 2k

you would have 5 shares worth $400 each

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
no the price will be “split” too

if the stock closes at $2k by the end of next week

the stock would become $400 since you’ll receive 5 shares

also the 21st is not a hard deadline...I thought it was

but if you purchase tesla stock next week...the split will still be honored just as long as you hold it til the 28th

lets say it stays at 2k

you would have 5 shares worth $400 each

Much appreciated, bruhs....Trying to get into this

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Much appreciated, bruhs....Trying to get into this
All Courses - Financial Fitness Center

This is probably the greatest breakdown of how stocks/mutual funds work and it starts from the bottom of what a share is.

I read this years ago cause it was shared by another poster. Probably the most important read i ever did as far as finance. I suggest you start with the "stocks" section

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All Courses - Financial Fitness Center

This is probably the greatest breakdown of how stocks/mutual funds work and it starts from the bottom of what a share is.

I read this years ago cause it was shared by another poster. Probably the most important read i ever dod as far as finance. I suggest you start with the "stocks

nice! :gladbron:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

dont worry about the split, the split is purely psychological to make the stock look cheaper and people dont get overwhelmed by the thought of paying 2K for a stock, it has no impact on the VALUE of the company, buy it ASAP and dont worry about the split

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish the poster was still active, i would give him his due props. I think his name was Timboking and it might have been on the coli. Anyway what i like about it is that it's divided into a curriculum style and they dont over complicate shyt. They break down the mechanics of how it works and then go into the different approaches (trading vs investing, single stocks vs mutual funds vs index funds, REITs, how to balance portfolios, etc).

I think it's a great read at any age but i encourage people who have kids in their teenage years that are interested in finance, stocks, etc to show it to their kids. Even if they don't use all of it, it's good for them to understand how it works.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wish the poster was still active, i would give him his due props. I think his name was Timboking and it might have been on the coli. Anyway what i like about it is that it's divided into a curriculum style and they dont over complicate shyt. They break down the mechanics of how it works and then go into the different approaches (trading vs investing, single stocks vs mutual funds vs index funds, REITs, how to balance portfolios, etc).

I think it's a great read at any age but i encourage people who have kids in their teenage years that are interested in finance, stocks, etc to show it to their kids. Even if they don't use all of it, it's good for them to understand how it works.

ya I bookmarked it already!