Terrell Davis being in the HOF is laughable.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
:stopitslime:

Your video proved my point. Exactly like I said, he is a product of his blocking. He might've broken two tackles in that entire video. 95% of this garbage highlights are him just running. FOH. :mjlol:

Tiki Barber, Jamal Lewis, Brian Westbrook, Frank Gore, Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, The white RB from the 80s on Washington, Ottis Anderson, Earnest Byner, Robert Smith, Jamaal Anderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eric Bumerson
Eric led the league in rushing when traded to the Colts. And I advice you watch full games of Eric. He had fukking moves.

The issue with Eric is that he made the game look so easy that its used against him.

NYC Rebel

Daps
:stopitslime:

Your video proved my point. Exactly like I said, he is a product of his blocking. He might've broken two tackles in that entire video. 95% of this garbage highlights are him just running. FOH. :mjlol:

Tiki Barber, Jamal Lewis, Brian Westbrook, Frank Gore, Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, The white RB from the 80s on Washington, Ottis Anderson, Earnest Byner, Robert Smith, Jamaal Anderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eric Bumerson
This is an example of how easy Eric dikkerson made the game look.

18:16 he makes the game winning TD look so easy.

Then when you watch the run from behind at the 19:04 mark, you see just how incredible and elusive he was in making shyt look easy when it clearly wasnt.

:wow:
Even the announcer at 19:25 said that watching it you can't tell the incredible move he did unless watching it from behind. And for people like you who don't understand football, you view Eric along simple terms.

His RB instincts were top 5 ever.

Last edited:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
If Terrell made it Priest Holmes should definitely make it

giphy.gif
:mindblown::dead:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
He accomplished more in 4 years then any other RB in history

He dominated the NFL and was the best player in the league

The precedent was set with Gale Sayers

I don't necessarily agree with that. I think it was Shanahan's system as much as anyone, he had Davis then Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis after that. He even got Peyton Hillis to average like 5yds per carry. Not saying Davis wasn't good but you put any of those players besides Portis on any other team and they'd be possible backups at best. Even Hillis when he had that one season that got him on the cover of Madden he was still just a fullback that ate a lot of carries. This is, you gotta be BEYOND garbage to not succeed in Shanahan's system, even his son Kyle in San Fran got a kick returner to break a conference championship rushing record by running the exact same system and it was so effective that they got to the Super Bowl by only throwing 8 times that game. It's hard to master for linemen but once you do... :wow:

Edit: I hadn't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone addressed that yet but I think Davis was good it was just amplified by the system he was in. Still, the stats are under his name so I'm not mad at him making it in.

Last edited:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I don't necessarily agree with that. I think it was Shanahan's system as much as anyone, he had Davis then Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis after that. He even got Peyton Hillis to average like 5yds per carry. Not saying Davis wasn't good but you put any of those players besides Portis on any other team and they'd be possible backups at best. Even Hillis when he had that one season that got him on the cover of Madden he was still just a fullback that ate a lot of carries. This is, you gotta be BEYOND garbage to not succeed in Shanahan's system, even his son Kyle in San Fran got a kick returner to break a conference championship rushing record by running the exact same system and it was so effective that they got to the Super Bowl by only throwing 8 times that game. It's hard to master for linemen but once you do... :wow:

Edit: I hadn't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone addressed that yet but I think Davis was good it was just amplified by the system he was in. Still, the stats are under his name so I'm not mad at him making it in.

Tatum bell too

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Tatum bell too
Him too, also Reuben Droughns and Alfred Morris too. You can even look at what Kyle did in Houston with Arian Foster and Steve Slaton. That system can turn anybody into a star, looks like the only thing that affected that system was injuries to the RB. Even then, they just found another one.

Last edited:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
This is an example of how easy Eric dikkerson made the game look.

18:16 he makes the game winning TD look so easy.

Then when you watch the run from behind at the 19:04 mark, you see just how incredible and elusive he was in making shyt look easy when it clearly wasnt.

:wow:
Even the announcer at 19:25 said that watching it you can't tell the incredible move he did unless watching it from behind. And for people like you who don't understand football, you view Eric along simple terms.

His RB instincts were top 5 ever.

:comeon:
He got the ball, shed an arm tackle/pop, the rest was open field, just like all of his runs. All of his highlights are :unimpressed:

Now these are real runs by Running Backs. You can scour the entire internet, even the dark web you wont be able to find ONE run by Eric dikkerson on par with these:

UnrulyReadyKoi-size_restricted.gif

v9XaYw.gif

I guarantee you gonna be looking like :gladbron::leon::ohlawd::banderas:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
System this system that
Can anyone name the running backs in that system that were Top 3 in MVP Voting 3 consecutive seasons, won a Super Bowl MVP, a regular season MVP and put up the best postseason numbers for a RB ever?
Cause everyone keeps acting like it's so easy in the system to accomplish that shyt

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
System this system that
Can anyone name the running backs in that system that were Top 3 in MVP Voting 3 consecutive seasons, won a Super Bowl MVP, a regular season MVP and put up the best postseason numbers for a RB ever?
Cause everyone keeps acting like it's so easy in the system to accomplish that shyt

Not saying it's easy, TD was obviously special and that 3 year stretch was crazy. shyt as a kid it's what made me a Broncos fan . But his success wasn't as long as other Hall of Famers.

And the system can't be denied, what other system multiple nikkas all getting 1000 yard seasons in such a short time span? TD, Gary, Anderson, Portis, Droughs, Bell. In 2005 Anderson and Bell almost had 1000 yards each. shyt 4 of those 1000 yard seasons were rookies! And then on the Redskins Alfred Morris did it his rookie year too. shyt even Quentin Griffin had an 130+ yd game in 2003 and an 150+ yard game in 2004. Shanahan clearly had the juice

NYC Rebel

Daps
:comeon:
He got the ball, shed an arm tackle/pop, the rest was open field, just like all of his runs. All of his highlights are :unimpressed:

Now these are real runs by Running Backs. You can scour the entire internet, even the dark web you wont be able to find ONE run by Eric dikkerson on par with these:

UnrulyReadyKoi-size_restricted.gif

v9XaYw.gif

I guarantee you gonna be looking like :gladbron::leon::ohlawd::banderas:

None of the guys you posted did what they did while running downhill.

What you fail to see is that Eric dikkerson continued to gain yards, always at top speed and ran upfield while at the same time putting moves on people. He didnt have to run stop and go like the guys you posted. He didn’t commit to going laterally. He went laterally while going downhill. That is an elite and unique skill and unfortunately his smooth running style made the game look too easy and as a result he’s devalued. And it’s funny how you completely overlooked that he went to another team with a poor office of line and still at the league in rushing

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
None of the guys you posted did what they did while running downhill.

What you fail to see is that Eric dikkerson continued to gain yards, always at top speed and ran upfield while at the same time putting moves on people. He didnt have to run stop and go like the guys you posted. He didn’t commit to going laterally. He went laterally while going downhill. That is an elite and unique skill and unfortunately his smooth running style made the game look too easy and as a result he’s devalued. And it’s funny how you completely overlooked that he went to another team with a poor office of line and still at the league in rushing
I couldn't let this go :pachaha:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
This prompted me to start looking at players who are in that are questionable. :manny:

Davis was a big reason why the Broncos won, but then you look at the two years following those titles. First Olandis Gary rushes for 1,159 yards in only 12 games. The next season Mike Anderson rushes for 1,487 yards while only starting 12 games. SO was it all Terrell Davis or did he have a ton of help with that offensive line?
The 93-94 Bulls still won 55 games and was a game 7 from going to the ECF so was that Michael Jordan guy really that good. :what:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The 93-94 Bulls still won 55 games and was a game 7 from going to the ECF so was that Michael Jordan guy really that good. :what:
Great analogy :russ:

All these “bu bu bu it’s the system :damn:” ass nikkas have nothing for this

I don’t care who came after Terrell Davis

Just because Shanahan found runners to have success after doesn’t take away from what TD accomplished

And NONE of them dudes EVER approached the level of TD

Shanahan was never able to replicate what he had (Championships) without Terrell Davis