Terrell Davis being in the HOF is laughable.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
LaDainian Tomlinson never made a Super Bowl or had 2000 yards, but his prime was twice as long as TD's. Is he better than Davis?

Eric dikkerson never won a ring or got an MVP but his prime was twice as long as TD's, is he better than Davis?

Earl Campbell never won a ring or ran for 2000 yards, but his prime was twice as long as TD, which one is better?

Faulk never ran for 2000 yards or won SBMVP but his prime was twice as long as Davis', which one is better?

Curtis Martin never won a ring, an MVP, or 2000 yard season, but his prime was twice as long as TD...

We can keep going bro. These are the level of guys we're holding Davis to a standard of. Not Frank Gore, who did have about a 5-year prime as a borderline Top 5 back at best. Guys who doubled Davis' prime, or longer, who spent time as the best RB in the NFL and had peaks comparable to Davis'...

The NFL is a brutal game, it isn't like the other sports where guys can rip off decade-plus long streaks of elite play unless you're a QB in most cases, so "longevity" in the NFL means, give me 5 years as an elite guy at your position. If you can't give me that, but there's a pretty lengthy list of guys who have, while they matched or exceeded your peak performance and accolades, there is no question those guys are in a different category of greatness...

Davis is in the "great but didn't do it Ling enough" category. So that means he shouldn't ne in The Hall...
Some would argue TD over guys like Curtis Martin or Eric dikkerson :hubie:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Some would argue TD over guys like Curtis Martin or Eric dikkerson :hubie:

I'm a lifelong Jets fan and a big CuMart fan and I can tell you TD was a better back than Curtis. That decision was made easily by me on the evening of January 17, 1999 during the AFC Championship Game. TD ran rough-shod all over the Jets, especially in the 2nd half, while Curtis ran as soft as baby food after Bill Romanoski helicoptered him in the 1st quarter.

One was determined to get to the Super Bowl, the other looked he was ready for the season to end. I just remember sitting there in the 4th quarter and thinking to myself: "Curtis is a better overall RB than Adrian Murrell, but we sure could have used Murrell today because he had a power component to his game that Curtis didn't versus a defense as physical as this one."

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
You just said Eric dikkerson is OVERRATED?!?! Explain please!!!!

He was a product of excellent blocking. He had an upright running style, none of his highlights are of him breaking tackles, putting moves on people, even just pulling away from a defender in the open field. Nothing.

I hate that he has the single season rushing record too.

The All-Time Overrated RBs:

Eric dikkerson
Jerome Bettis
Ricky Watters
Terrell Davis
Larry Johnson
Peyton Hillis

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
He was a product of excellent blocking. He had an upright running style, none of his highlights are of him breaking tackles, putting moves on people, even just pulling away from a defender in the open field. Nothing.

Eric dikkerson
Jerome Bettis
Ricky Watters
Terrell Davis
Larry Johnson
Peyton Hillis

I really hate when people try to give off their completely wrong opinions as facts. Luckily this video here will erase all that BS you just write about dikkerson for anyone reading this thread who didn't get to see him.

Some of y'all are atrocious sports fans. :francis:

Bop Gun

Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
I really hate when people try to give off their completely wrong opinions as facts. Luckily this video here will erase all that BS you just write about dikkerson for anyone reading this thread who didn't get to see him.

Some of y'all are atrocious sports fans. :francis:

:stopitslime:

Your video proved my point. Exactly like I said, he is a product of his blocking. He might've broken two tackles in that entire video. 95% of this garbage highlights are him just running. FOH. :mjlol:

Tiki Barber, Jamal Lewis, Brian Westbrook, Frank Gore, Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, The white RB from the 80s on Washington, Ottis Anderson, Earnest Byner, Robert Smith, Jamaal Anderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eric Bumerson

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Sterling Sharpe is another player who doesn't belong in it.

He was great when he played. 3 All Pro's. But he had a career ending injury.

For a long time people were like, it's a shame he got hurt, he would've had a HOF career. His brother even gave a speech when he was inducted.

It went from it's a shame Sterling Sharpe got hurt because he was on his way to having a HOF career to now he's in the HOF.
:youngsabo:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Your video proved my point. Exactly like I said, he is a product of his blocking. He might've broken two tackles in that entire video. 95% of this garbage highlights are him just running. FOH. :mjlol:

Tiki Barber, Jamal Lewis, Brian Westbrook, Frank Gore, Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, The white RB from the 80s on Washington, Ottis Anderson, Earnest Byner, Robert Smith, Jamaal Anderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eric Bumerson

Most great backs don’t break a lot of tackles. They hit the hole and make people miss.

dikkerson is considered one of the best to ever do it. And he still holds the single season rushing record. And he rushed for over 1,600 yards with 2 different teams. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

And those rams teams he played on weren’t that good.

Bop Gun

Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
Most great backs don’t break a lot of tackles. They hit the hole and make people miss.

dikkerson is considered one of the best to ever do it. And he still holds the single season rushing record. And he rushed for over 1,600 yards with 2 different teams. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

To be considered as an All-Time great, stats aren't the purveyor to their greatness. You MUST show the ability, as a Running Back, to consistently shed tackles, break tackles, put moves on people, show strength, great vision, and the ability to get the tough yards.

Eric dikkerson has none of that. And he had a horrible number for a RB, wore goggles, and doesn't even look the part. Most overrated athlete ever.

b. woods

Peace
Daps

Eric dikkerson
Jerome Bettis
Ricky Watters
Terrell Davis
Larry Johnson
Peyton Hillis

:pachaha: NO ONE rates him highly. :mjlol:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

:mjlol:

Is this @Dwight Howard’s alias :what:

One of the stupidest things I’ve ever read

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

Niqqa just started naming names and 1 name couldn't even be recalled :skip:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'm a lifelong Jets fan and a big CuMart fan and I can tell you TD was a better back than Curtis. That decision was made easily by me on the evening of January 17, 1999 during the AFC Championship Game. TD ran rough-shod all over the Jets, especially in the 2nd half, while Curtis ran as soft as baby food after Bill Romanoski helicoptered him in the 1st quarter.

One was determined to get to the Super Bowl, the other looked he was ready for the season to end. I just remember sitting there in the 4th quarter and thinking to myself: "Curtis is a better overall RB than Adrian Murrell, but we sure could have used Murrell today because he had a power component to his game that Curtis didn't versus a defense as physical as this one."
fukk no he wasnt better than Curtis . That is laughable. Curtis runs were zig zag across the field beautiful. TD never had that in him ans blessed to play in an offense that matched his one foot in the turf and explode (n/h) running style.

Curtis had better RB to instincts.
There’s a reason why he’s the oldest runner to ever lead the league in rushing.