Terrell Davis being in the HOF is laughable.

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
@Sbp ED is not this All-Around RB that @NYC Rebel @Ethnic Vagina Finder are trying to make him out to be. You guys have proved it, his highlights are underwhelming.

When I watch highlights of Barry, Emmitt, Chris Warren, AP, Dillon, Fred Taylor, Faulk, Tomlinson, etc., they show what made them great. Contrary to this thread, Eric dikkerson is cut from the same cloth as Terrell Davis, they are products of their offensive lines.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
@Sbp ED is not this All-Around RB that @NYC Rebel @Ethnic Vagina Finder are trying to make him out to be. You guys have proved it, his highlights are underwhelming.

When I watch highlights of Barry, Emmitt, Chris Warren, AP, Dillon, Fred Taylor, Faulk, Tomlinson, etc., they show what made them great. Contrary to this thread, Eric dikkerson is cut from the same cloth as Terrell Davis, they are products of their offensive lines.
Ed had 7000 yards i. His first four seasons. He had no wasted motion with his footwork.

Terrel Davis was nowhere as elusive as ED. :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
This ED slander is appalling. He was THE dominant back of the 80s.

The man literally gained more yards on the ground in a season than his team's leading passer threw for twice in his first four years. He was all the Rams had on offense. You know how hard it is for a RB to AVERAGE 1700 yards a season -- like ED did as a Ram -- during a run-first era when the opponent KNOWS your team's aspirations for the game rest on your shoulders and yours alone?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
He was a product of excellent blocking. He had an upright running style, none of his highlights are of him breaking tackles, putting moves on people, even just pulling away from a defender in the open field. Nothing.

I hate that he has the single season rushing record too.

The All-Time Overrated RBs:

Eric dikkerson
Jerome Bettis
Ricky Watters
Terrell Davis
Larry Johnson
Peyton Hillis
How's Peyton hillis on the list when EVERYONE knows he's a one hit wonder :dead:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock

You're gonna tell me Marcus Allen is a better RB than Terrel Davis? Look at their resumes.

Peak for peak no...

Allen has the second highest rushing season between the two, there's TD's 2k year and then Allen. Allen was a better receiver and also led The League in touchdowns and scoring too, I don't think it's that wild to say he and Allen are comparable...

But again I'm not just a "peak" guy, I'm a prime AND peak guy. Davis' prime WAS his 3-year peak, that should matter...

I'd probably rank TD over Allen because Allen's prime isn't that great, he never even had 900 yards after Y4, the year he led The League in rushing. Davis had the higher peak and more dominant prime...

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I'd probably rank TD over Allen because Allen's prime isn't that great, he never even had 900 yards after Y4, the year he led The League in rushing. Davis had the higher peak and more dominant prime...
Then that's it. I get what you're saying with prine and peak, but personally, if you're peak is all time (and isn't just a 1 year fluke), then it should be good enough to be in the hall. Many would agree that TD is straight up better than Marcus Allen, many would agree that Eric dikkerson is better than Allen. So they should be in the hall.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Then that's it. I get what you're saying with prine and peak, but personally, if you're peak is all time (and isn't just a 1 year fluke), then it should be good enough to be in the hall. Many would agree that TD is straight up better than Marcus Allen, many would agree that Eric dikkerson is better than Allen. So they should be in the hall.
Many wont agree with what youre saying. Tape shows why Marcus is better.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Peak for peak no...

Allen has the second highest rushing season between the two, there's TD's 2k year and then Allen. Allen was a better receiver and also led The League in touchdowns and scoring too, I don't think it's that wild to say he and Allen are comparable...

But again I'm not just a "peak" guy, I'm a prime AND peak guy. Davis' prime WAS his 3-year peak, that should matter...

But Al Davis killed Allen’s production in his prime. I brought in Bo Jackson and it was a wrap.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
But Al Davis killed Allen’s production in his prime. I brought in Bo Jackson and it was a wrap.
Exactly

Marcus Allen sat for awhile..

His numbers after that were not Hall of Fame worthy, and I’m truly sorry to say this , but he compiled and Rafael Palmerio’d his ass off for the rest of his career in KC into the Hall of Fame

He won NFL MVP in 1985 but after that it was benched then compiling

Marcus Allen also had that legendary run in Super Bowl XVIII

It was a combination of all

He was an animal at USC though

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Exactly

Marcus Allen sat for awhile..

His numbers after that were not Hall of Fame worthy, and I’m truly sorry to say this , but he compiled and Rafael Palmerio’d his ass off for the rest of his career in KC into the Hall of Fame

He won NFL MVP in 1985 but after that it was benched then compiling

Marcus Allen also had that legendary run in Super Bowl XVIII

It was a combination of all

He was an animal at USC though
Only 2 running backs scored more than Allen.

From age 27 - 32, he barely got reps. Went to KC when he was 33 and played until he was 37.

Yeah, his yards were mostly longevity driven, but he wasn’t the feature back for most of his career and still put up HOF numbers.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Only 2 running backs scored more than Allen.

From age 27 - 32, he barely got reps. Went to KC when he was 33 and played until he was 37.

Yeah, his yards were mostly longevity driven, but he wasn’t the feature back for most of his career and still put up HOF numbers.
The touchdowns is what got him in mostly

That 74 yard run in SB XVIII was one of the most beautiful runs in NFL History :banderas:

It’s perfect it’s a work of Art :ohlawd:

Last edited: