Terrell Davis being in the HOF is laughable.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Nah, peak and postseason success should get you in

If you were the undisputed best player at your position, and probably the best player in the game for a couple of years and capped that off with some rings that you played a big part in, then that's good enough

Because it means you left an imprint on the game.

Sheer longevity is overrated

:ehh:

Everybody can't be Frank Gore, Emmitt Smith, etc. Trying to hold longevity, or lack thereof, against a player who played the position with perhaps the shortest shelf life isn't the way.

In other news, folks in here are telling on themselves in this thread and it is :picard:

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Eric was a gazelle. His cuts were effortless. Dude saying Eric had no moves :mjlol:
Exactly. I don't know what ol dude is on. Eric was not only the fastest man on the field he was also the quickest so all he needed to do a lot of times to evade tacklers was to a quick stutter step instead of 3/4 jokes sideways. Also he used to line up further back the what you'd normally see so when he took the hand-off he already he was damn near at full stride which is why he's blowing past the line of scrimmage like that. Oh and he was about dropping that gear to there's a few highlights where he's lowering the boom on would be tacklers. Eric wasn't no soft tippin RB at all.

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
Exactly. I don't know what ol dude is on. Eric was not only the fastest man on the field he was also the quickest so all he needed to do a lot of times to evade tacklers was to a quick stutter step instead of 3/4 jokes sideways. Also he used to line up further back the what you'd normally see so when he took the hand-off he already he was damn near at full stride which is why he's blowing past the line of scrimmage like that. Oh and he was about dropping that gear to there's a few highlights where he's lowering the boom on would be tacklers. Eric wasn't no soft tippin RB at all.

Show me these highlights of him laying the boom on defenders :russell:

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Show me these highlights of him laying the boom on defenders :russell:

2:39

Throughout the video is also a bunch of comments about how he made it look easy.

At 5:30 he even trucks Ronnie Lott. I don't know what else to tell you breh seems like you got your mind made up about the man being overrated. To each his own :hubie:

Last edited:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201

2:39

Throughout the video is also a bunch of comments about how he made it look easy.

At 5:30 he even trucks Ronnie Lott. I don't know what else to tell you breh seems like you got your mind made up about the man being overrated. To each his own :hubie:

Your clip was a little better than the other two had posted. He actually did go head up with that guy on your timestamps.

Still, his highlights fail to wow because it's all open field. And the other brother, @NYC Rebel keeps reiterating that he didn't have good blocking. Again, you don't get those holes without the blocking being superb.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Your clip was a little better than the other two had posted. He actually did go head up with that guy on your timestamps.

Still, his highlights fail to wow because it's all open field. And the other brother, @NYC Rebel keeps reiterating that he didn't have good blocking. Again, you don't get those holes without the blocking being superb.
Nah with the Rams he did that offense was an unbalanced running attack they weren't an ATG line but they were damn good. He even had a HOF tackle Jackie Slater. But the Colts and Raiders nah especially the Colts that trade was basically punishment for him "Not Knowing His Place ". But ED is far from overrated and is actually Underrated.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

This isn't a clip contest. :mjlol:

Eric dikkerson was elusive and didn't need to take 3 to 4 steps to make a cut like Napoleon Kaufman, Emmit and others you post4ed.

You're just trash posting at this point.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
He broke a defenders forearm when he tried to tackle him

I remember they were set to play the Niners one week and Ronnie Lott was talking shyt. Eric said he was going to make him pay.
1:17 mark

Eric trucked the shyt outta him.

@Cormega you likely weren't alive when Eric was doing his thing.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp