Terrell Davis being in the HOF is laughable.

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
Terrell Davis was all blocking. He had no moves, no power, just run through wide open holes due to the O-Line.

His stats are equivalent to playing on Rookie or Pro instead of All-Madden.

You can't find ONE highlight reel of his where he is doing something other than running through arm tackles and open lanes.

Him and Eric dikkerson are the two most overrated Running Backs in NFL History.

Top 5 RBs All-Time

1.Barry Sanders (ain't even debatable)
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Walter Payton
4. Emmitt Smith
5. Corey Dillon

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Alex Karass may be black bailed due to gambling and didn't have the glamour franchise do fall back on like Paul Horning.
Karass got in with the 2020 class but he had already been deceased for some time which was my point
They wait so long for some of these guys they ain't even alive to see it

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Was just looking at some of the first ballot players this year. This year is tough
Revis - First ballot imo, was dominant for close to a decade and at his peak possibly best we've seen at that position since Deion.
Joe Thomas - Idk how they are with O Linemen but was arguably best OT for like 10 years. 10x Pro Bowl. 6x All Pro. Alan Faneca had similar credentials though and had to wait a while and also Joe played for the shytty Browns so might get overlooked for a few years
James Harrison - Arguably the best player on a SB winning team in 2008. He was top 5 in MVP voting he was so dominant
I think they'll make him wait a little tbh since his peak was kinda short but he did play for a long time
Dwight Freeney - Great pass rusher and best defensive player on a SB team but I feel like people only remember those Colts teams for their offense so idk. He should be in though he was elite for like 10 years

Yeah it sucks they wait so damn long to induct some of these guys, to the point some of them aren't even alive when it happens.
Cliff Branch & Alex Karass wait forever and ever and don't even get inducted before they pass

Revis will be first ballot. I don't think he's the greatest since Prime (gimme Champ or Charles or Sherman) but he had a long prime and he was dominant...

Joe DEFINITELY going first ballot!

James Harrison was arguably the best defensive player in all of football at his peak, I loved his game. I think he SHOULD be first ballot, but he probably won't be...

Freeney should have to wait a few years, he's overrated. His last double digit sack year was in '10 and he played 7 more years after that. 2003-2009 was his prime, that's nowhere near a decade. He was great in his prime certainly, but Freeney was overrated...

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Nah, peak and postseason success should get you in

If you were the undisputed best player at your position, and probably the best player in the game for a couple of years and capped that off with some rings that you played a big part in, then that's good enough

Because it means you left an imprint on the game.

Sheer longevity is overrated

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
People are not understanding what TD accomplished

It’s hard to find a RB who plays 10 years that accomplishes what he accomplished in the 4 years of his prime :mindblown:
Yeah if your peak is that high, who gives a fukk about longevity?

Is frank gore better than Terrel Davis because he played longer and is top 3 all time in rushing yards? No

Would you say Gore had a better career than Davis? No

No because peaks matter more

premier58

All Star
Daps
Terrell Davis was all blocking. He had no moves, no power, just run through wide open holes due to the O-Line.

His stats are equivalent to playing on Rookie or Pro instead of All-Madden.

You can't find ONE highlight reel of his where he is doing something other than running through arm tackles and open lanes.

Him and Eric dikkerson are the two most overrated Running Backs in NFL History.

Top 5 RBs All-Time

1.Barry Sanders (ain't even debatable)
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Walter Payton
4. Emmitt Smith
5. Corey Dillon
You just said Eric dikkerson is OVERRATED?!?! Explain please!!!!

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Karass got in with the 2020 class but he had already been deceased for some time which was my point
They wait so long for some of these guys they ain't even alive to see it
I didnt realize he died.

that furthers my point tho. I think he got quietly blackballed.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Nah, peak and postseason success should get you in

If you were the undisputed best player at your position, and probably the best player in the game for a couple of years and capped that off with some rings that you played a big part in, then that's good enough

Because it means you left an imprint on the game.

Sheer longevity is overrated

Yeah if your peak is that high, who gives a fukk about longevity?

Is frank gore better than Terrel Davis because he played longer and is top 3 all time in rushing yards? No

Would you say Gore had a better career than Davis? No

No because peaks matter more

Bruh it's not just "sheer" longevity. You have to have a dominant prime and peak as one of the best players at your position, I'm not giving points to guys who just played long. And I don't think anyone else who shares my stance is saying that either...

A 3-year run is all Davis had. And yes, it was quite possibly the most dominant 3-year stretch anyone had--->but it was still only 3 years. Gore wasn't a Top 3 back at any point in his career, let alone the best RB alive, so this notion to bring up Gore in comparison is a false equivalency. No one thinks Gore is better than Davis...

Davis left an imprint so impactful..........that when the conversation if greatest running backs comes up, his name is never mentioned. And with good reason...

There are a number of guys who peaked higher with longer primes and just outlasted him period. Those are the guys we talk about as GOATs. Davis was a hot song for 3 years and then it was over. He gets all the respect he deserves when his name is mentioned, but throwing him in Canton was another example of lowering the bar. Broncos Ring Of Honor, retiring his number, all that is within reason, but The Hall should be for the best players ever, period...

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Bruh it's not just "sheer" longevity. You have to have a dominant prime and peak as one of the best players at your position, I'm not giving points to guys who just played long. And I don't think anyone else who shares my stance is saying that either...

A 3-year run is all Davis had. And yes, it was quite possibly the most dominant 3-year stretch anyone had--->but it was still only 3 years. Gore wasn't a Top 3 back at any point in his career, let alone the best RB alive, so this notion to bring up Gore in comparison is a false equivalency. No one thinks Gore is better than Davis...

Davis left an imprint so impactful..........that when the conversation if greatest running backs comes up, his name is never mentioned. And with good reason...

There are a number of guys who peaked higher with longer primes and just outlasted him period. Those are the guys we talk about as GOATs. Davis was a hot song for 3 years and then it was over. He gets all the respect he deserves when his name is mentioned, but throwing him in Canton was another example of lowering the bar. Broncos Ring Of Honor, retiring his number, all that is within reason, but The Hall should be for the best players ever, period...
Idk I don't think its lowering the bar if the peak includes an MVP, SBMVP, and 2k rushing yards

Someone else who never reached those highs but had a longer career isn't necessarily better in my book.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Idk I don't think its lowering the bar if the peak includes an MVP, SBMVP, and 2k rushing yards

Someone else who never reached those highs but had a longer career isn't necessarily better in my book.

LaDainian Tomlinson never made a Super Bowl or had 2000 yards, but his prime was twice as long as TD's. Is he better than Davis?

Eric dikkerson never won a ring or got an MVP but his prime was twice as long as TD's, is he better than Davis?

Earl Campbell never won a ring or ran for 2000 yards, but his prime was twice as long as TD, which one is better?

Faulk never ran for 2000 yards or won SBMVP but his prime was twice as long as Davis', which one is better?

Curtis Martin never won a ring, an MVP, or 2000 yard season, but his prime was twice as long as TD...

We can keep going bro. These are the level of guys we're holding Davis to a standard of. Not Frank Gore, who did have about a 5-year prime as a borderline Top 5 back at best. Guys who doubled Davis' prime, or longer, who spent time as the best RB in the NFL and had peaks comparable to Davis'...

The NFL is a brutal game, it isn't like the other sports where guys can rip off decade-plus long streaks of elite play unless you're a QB in most cases, so "longevity" in the NFL means, give me 5 years as an elite guy at your position. If you can't give me that, but there's a pretty lengthy list of guys who have, while they matched or exceeded your peak performance and accolades, there is no question those guys are in a different category of greatness...

Davis is in the "great but didn't do it Ling enough" category. So that means he shouldn't ne in The Hall...