Terrance Howard's new Fox show Wayward Pines

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Was that a velociraptor? Is this some kind of "Terra Nova"-like situation?

It turns out, this IS like "Terra Nova." Its just that it's REVERSE Terra Nova, with Morlock monsters instead of dinosaurs.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

The world was apparently destroyed, but we see the creator going back and forth, talking to the secret service guy about Ethan

Ethan was supposedly in 4028 while his wife and kid was still in 2014

What I'm trying to figure out is, is he actually traveling back, or is he somehow sending a message to his past self before he was frozen in the "Futurama" cryo tube?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I'm trying to figure out.

The world was apparently destroyed, but we see the creator going back and forth, talking to the secret service guy about Ethan

Ethan was supposedly in 4028 while his wife and kid was still in 2014
Didn't terrence howard pull over the wife and kid before they had their "accident" in 2014? Did Terrance time travel or that a plot hole?

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Didn't terrence howard pull over the wife and kid before they had their "accident" in 2014? Did Terrance time travel or that a plot hole?

i dont think its time travel as much as its the order of the show. The way they are syncing up conversations make it seem like a back and forth rather than 1000s of years apart. The doctor could have always wanted or thought Ethan was a good candidate 2014 for his hibernation project. Terrence Howard also could be the guy who was causing accidents in 2014. So in concern to the wifes wreck, they made it seem as though she was getting to close to discovering Wayward Pines and Terrance Howard had to go stop her cause he was in charge of the city. What she might have been close to discovering at the time would probably just be a science facility instead of a city and Terrence Howard was probably just in charge of security or making sure that no one entered at the time. They probably just allowed them to stay because one their candidates was already there.

Last edited:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

the guy they gave the house to he said he woke up and a bunch of humans are in tubes in some sort of hibernation. I think it has to be their past lives are just some sort of dream sequence until they're woken up in the real world. Almost matrix style. Only way that could make sense. Otherwise they're time traveling and if they can do that why wouldn't they just stay in the past.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Another thought:
How could the scientist know that humans would mutate 85 years in the future, unless he somehow caused it himself? It could be that he releases some kind of "I Am Legend" virus just before freezing himself.

Here's what I'm thinking of:
-Some time before 1999 the Scientist starts selecting people to build a future "master race". Kind of like the villain in "Moonraker".
-He gets a conspiracy of people working for him (including the Secret Service, the Nurse, and Terrance Howard) to start capturing and freezing the candidates in hibernation tubes in the Wayward Pines "Ark".
-It takes at least 15 years to get enough people to fill up the cryo tubes, so the first batch of people haven't aged since 1999.
-The freeze a lot more people than they plan to wake up any given moment, so they have lots of "spares" to wake up if someone dies.
-Ethan's wife was getting too close to finding the facility, so instead of killing her they froze her and her son.
-Once all of the hibernation tubes are full, the scientist releases a "mutation" virus and freezes himself, the Nurse, Terrance Howard, and the rest of the conspiracy.
-The virus doesn't take effect immediately, but by the year 2100 it has caused a Zombie Apocalypse that destroys the world.
-The scientist and the other conspirators wake themselves up first from the Ark and build Wayward Pines into a town inside of the existing electric fence.
-The start unfreezing enough people to populate the town. But they don't unfreeze people in the order that they were frozen, so you have people frozen in 1999 waking up at the same time as people frozen in 2015. Whenever someone in the town dies, they unfreeze someone else to take his place.
-The keep the adults in the town, but the brainwash the kids into a cult, give them the cure/weapons to fight the monsters, and use them to repopulate the world with the Scientist as dictator and cult leader.

There's no actual backward time travel at all, just hibernation tubes.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

From how I gathered, the government knew of an impending doom that was going to occur to the planet, maybe something catastrophic like an asteriod collision and they been preparing and picking people to be comotosed in a hyper-chamber until it was safe for them to wake up. The Terrance Howard of the past may of always been in on this government agenda the whole time.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thought:
How could the scientist know that humans would mutate 85 years in the future, unless he somehow caused it himself? It could be that he releases some kind of "I Am Legend" virus just before freezing himself.

Here's what I'm thinking of:
-Some time before 1999 the Scientist starts selecting people to build a future "master race". Kind of like the villain in "Moonraker".
-He gets a conspiracy of people working for him (including the Secret Service, the Nurse, and Terrance Howard) to start capturing and freezing the candidates in hibernation tubes in the Wayward Pines "Ark".
-It takes at least 15 years to get enough people to fill up the cryo tubes, so the first batch of people haven't aged since 1999.
-The freeze a lot more people than they plan to wake up any given moment, so they have lots of "spares" to wake up if someone dies.
-Ethan's wife was getting too close to finding the facility, so instead of killing her they froze her and her son.
-Once all of the hibernation tubes are full, the scientist releases a "mutation" virus and freezes himself, the Nurse, Terrance Howard, and the rest of the conspiracy.
-The virus doesn't take effect immediately, but by the year 2100 it has caused a Zombie Apocalypse that destroys the world.
-The scientist and the other conspirators wake themselves up first from the Ark and build Wayward Pines into a town inside of the existing electric fence.
-The start unfreezing enough people to populate the town. But they don't unfreeze people in the order that they were frozen, so you have people frozen in 1999 waking up at the same time as people frozen in 2015. Whenever someone in the town dies, they unfreeze someone else to take his place.
-The keep the adults in the town, but the brainwash the kids into a cult, give them the cure/weapons to fight the monsters, and use them to repopulate the world with the Scientist as dictator and cult leader.

There's no actual backward time travel at all, just hibernation tubes.

- I don't think the government in the past could of known how humanity would evolve, but I DO suspect they knew humanity would become extinct due to some yet unknown catastophic event which could be anything from impending war to a natural or galactical disaster like a super volcano, or an asteroid or coment collision, or a solar flare from the sun. I think the people that awaken in the future learned about the evolved humaniods and that's how and why they constructed the barriers and created those laws for the town.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
- I don't think the government in the past could of known how humanity would evolve, but I DO suspect they knew humanity would become extinct due to some yet unknown catastophic event which could be anything from impending war to a natural or galactical disaster like a super volcano, or an asteroid or coment collision, or a solar flare from the sun. I think the people that awaken in the future learned about the evolved humaniods and that's how and why they constructed the barriers and created those laws for the town.

Could be, the teacher acted like they were surprised when they first got attacked by the "Abbies". But I was thinking they must have designed the Wayward Pines cryo storage center with enough defenses to keep it from getting overrun at the same time the rest of Boise got destroyed. That's why I think they already had the automated electric fence set up for 2000 years.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
great show what a mindfukk.

the guy they gave the house to he said he woke up and a bunch of humans are in tubes in some sort of hibernation. I think it has to be their past lives are just some sort of dream sequence until they're woken up in the real world. Almost matrix style. Only way that could make sense. Otherwise they're time traveling and if they can do that why wouldn't they just stay in the past.

they're not time traveling. the show presented past and present events concurrently that's why it looked like they were.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
This show is mad weird. I feel like that teacher chick is not giving the full story.