Terrance Howard's new Fox show Wayward Pines

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Another thought:
How could the scientist know that humans would mutate 85 years in the future, unless he somehow caused it himself? It could be that he releases some kind of "I Am Legend" virus just before freezing himself.

Here's what I'm thinking of:
-Some time before 1999 the Scientist starts selecting people to build a future "master race". Kind of like the villain in "Moonraker".
-He gets a conspiracy of people working for him (including the Secret Service, the Nurse, and Terrance Howard) to start capturing and freezing the candidates in hibernation tubes in the Wayward Pines "Ark".
-It takes at least 15 years to get enough people to fill up the cryo tubes, so the first batch of people haven't aged since 1999.
-The freeze a lot more people than they plan to wake up any given moment, so they have lots of "spares" to wake up if someone dies.
-Ethan's wife was getting too close to finding the facility, so instead of killing her they froze her and her son.
-Once all of the hibernation tubes are full, the scientist releases a "mutation" virus and freezes himself, the Nurse, Terrance Howard, and the rest of the conspiracy.
-The virus doesn't take effect immediately, but by the year 2100 it has caused a Zombie Apocalypse that destroys the world.
-The scientist and the other conspirators wake themselves up first from the Ark and build Wayward Pines into a town inside of the existing electric fence.
-The start unfreezing enough people to populate the town. But they don't unfreeze people in the order that they were frozen, so you have people frozen in 1999 waking up at the same time as people frozen in 2015. Whenever someone in the town dies, they unfreeze someone else to take his place.
-The keep the adults in the town, but the brainwash the kids into a cult, give them the cure/weapons to fight the monsters, and use them to repopulate the world with the Scientist as dictator and cult leader.

There's no actual backward time travel at all, just hibernation tubes.
nikka!!!:mindblown:

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
I don't really care for Terrance Howard but this looks interesting..

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
:patrice:I'm always in for a great mind fukk show, but is the writing sound? Do the writers have a endgame that works or makes sense? I don't want to be strung along for shyt to end up being meaningless ala Lost.

Plus a show like this being on Fox reeks of a early cancellation.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
:patrice:I'm always in for a great mind fukk show, but is the writing sound? Do the writers have a endgame that works or makes sense? I don't want to be strung along for shyt to end up being meaningless ala Lost.

Its a summer only show, only ten episodes the entire series, so you don't have to worry about it being cancelled.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

They've actually ALREADY revealed the mystery of what's going on, now they just need to fill in some discrepancies in the timelines.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Just caught up this show on Hulu,

Caught wind of it on a whim at work, over heard someone mention the name and it intrigued me

:ohhh: This show is kind of wild. My question is, If Ethan went looking for those two missing agents, how long were they gone for in real time and how is it they feel like its been years?!?!?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Caught wind of it on a whim at work, over heard someone mention the name and it intrigued me

:ohhh: This show is kind of wild. My question is, If Ethan went looking for those two missing agents, how long were they gone for in real time and how is it they feel like its been years?!?!?

Based on your question I'm not sure if you're totally caught up, so I'll put this in spoiler tags:

The female agent was kidnapped a few weeks before Ethan, but she was un-frozen about 12 YEARS before Ethan was. So she aged an additional 12 years before they un-froze Ethan.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

Time passes slower in Wayward Pines. I think it was Juliet Lewis that thought she had only been there a year or so and it was actually more than a decade. I think, lol

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Time passes slower in Wayward Pines. I think it was Juliet Lewis that thought she had only been there a year or so and it was actually more than a decade. I think, lol

Nah, that just means that they only thawed her out a year ago from the current Wayward Pines time

Her accident was 10 years ago in the old timeline, thawed out 1 year ago in future timeline

Meanwhile, the missing cop chick disappeared not that long ago in the old timeline, but was thawed out a decade ago in the future timeline