Terrance Howard's new Fox show Wayward Pines

Daps
I agree that it would be better on a premium, but what is shytty about the writing?
Like for instance, when the son is recovering, the teacher comes to his bedside and starts badmouthing his pops then the kid lashed out at him the next scene for the reasons she said, then the mother immediately knows it's coming from the teacher despite the fact that he's been bedridden with her by his side.

That whole sequence is very network television-esque the way the dominos fell so succinctly, and there's a lot of that on this show, cuz, well, it's network television. I think there'd be a lot more finesse to the storytelling if it were on premium television.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Like for instance, when the son is recovering, the teacher comes to his bedside and starts badmouthing his pops then the kid lashed out at him the next scene for the reasons she said, then the mother immediately knows it's coming from the teacher despite the fact that he's been bedridden with her by his side.

That whole sequence is very network television-esque the way the dominos fell so succinctly, and there's a lot of that on this show, cuz, well, it's network television. I think there'd be a lot more finesse to the storytelling if it were on premium television.
Its Fox what do you expect? If it was on FX then I'd expect more but there was nothing wrong with that scene. Kid/teenage actors are a$$holes and for the most part cant act but h was doing what moron teenagers/kids do. Repeat shyt they were told or heard. She been filling his head up with all kinds of shyt since he got their of course he gonna repeat what she said verbatim to his old man. That mother should have been knocked fire out of her ass.
Now these idiots who wanted to get out gonna really see whats up when those monster go ham on the town.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
OH shyt ITS GOING DOWN!!!!! :damn:
fukkin mutants

:dwillhuh:

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That ending reminded me of "The Twilight Zone" or "The Outer Limits". Too bad the First Generation didn't get eaten, but I guess the children are our future.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
That ending reminded me of "The Twilight Zone" or "The Outer Limits". Too bad the First Generation didn't get eaten, but I guess the children are our future.

First generation drank too much of the Kool-Aid that David Pilcher and the teacher were pouring :lolbron:. I had my issues with the show, but will admit these last few episodes were pretty effective and had some really nice moments. I guess I'm like Kate, "I work better with more information" :ehh:. C/S on the ending having a Twilight Zone feeling, all the more reason to keep it as one season. Can you imagine Ben as the lead of the show? When he got hit in the head by falling debris calling out for his dead :mjlol:. Since being thawed out, lil dude has been blown up, fought Abbies, lost his dad and been in a coma for 3 years. I guess that is what happens when you don't follow the rules :troll:.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Decent finale, nothing special. Not sure what type of ending I really wanted, so the Twilight Zone-style was fine I guess

Overall good show. I give it an 8/10. Had a lot of typical network dumbing down, but on the other hand it avoided typical network problems (i.e. dragging on the story longer than it needed just for ratings).