Terrance Howard's new Fox show Wayward Pines

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
This has been pretty good.

I haven't rewatched any episodes so can someone explain the time deal? I know they're in the future and mankind is nearly extinct but how are they getting people from present day? Are the car accidents just a dream sequence and they're actually in a cryogenic sleep?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
This has been pretty good.

I haven't rewatched any episodes so can someone explain the time deal? I know they're in the future and mankind is nearly extinct but how are they getting people from present day? Are the car accidents just a dream sequence and they're actually in a cryogenic sleep?

Those "present day" events occured in the 2000s

The Wayward Pines events occured in the 4000s

They were showed at the same time on the show but occured 2000 years apart. There is no time travel or time dilution.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Those "present day" events occured in the 2000s

The Wayward Pines events occured in the 4000s

They were showed at the same time on the show but occured 2000 years apart. There is no time travel or time dilution.
One weekend I have to do a binge watch of this. That's hard to understand. So Terrance Howard caused an accident in the 2000s and still met them in the future?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The scenes with Terrence Howard causing accidents and meeting with Pilcher were all flashbacks to before they both were frozen. No need for communication from the future to the past.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Man, let me have been Group A there aint know way I'm killing myself or trying to escape.

Wake up to find out the world has semi ended and the Dr. picked you to survive
:salute:

Find out you get a free $400,000 home with no bills:leon:

Food is pretty much provided and we get ice cream for dessert:banderas:

Have to work a job but nobody really cares cause yall using monopoly money:smugdraper:

You got protection from the demonic people outside:whew:

Find out you dont have anymore debt or student loans:mjcry:

Get in cool with Dr. and you might be able to help him choose who gets unfrozen next.:youngsabo::shaq::steviej:

Get yourself a dime piece unfrozen and live in utopia for the rest of your life:win:

I see why Terrence Howard aint want anybody to mess it up.

Add to this the fact that they're chopping heads if you try to leave

I think I'd be good with it

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Show is pretty good....it drops early on Wednesdays for those who don't like to wait for it air on Thursdays.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
One weekend I have to do a binge watch of this. That's hard to understand. So Terrance Howard caused an accident in the 2000s and still met them in the future?

It is tough to wrap our head around NOT looking at it from the perspective of time travel, since it is a trope that we are so used to. It becomes easier to follow once the timeline clicks.

You have to understand that everyone was frozen in the 2000s. When Terrence Howard was causing the accidents and people woke up in Wayward Pines, those accidents were caused in the 2000s and those people were frozen. Terrence Howard himself was frozen as well. If someone says "I've been in Wayward Pines for 10 years" that just means they were unthawed 10 years prior to the main character being unthawed. That is why his partner had aged 10 years. They both were frozen in the 2000's, but she was unthawed 10 years before he was in the 4000's

When his wife went looking for him after he disappeared, there was a panic amongst his secret service colleagues that set him up. She was close to finding the site where he had been frozen. So she herself was frozen. She got unthawed shortly after he did, 2000 years later. The early episodes of the show were playing around with this timeline making you think that there was time travel or time dilation, but there was no such thing. It was a clever trick. Stuff that happened outside of Wayward Pines was from the 2000's, stuff inside Wayward Pines from the 4000's.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It is tough to wrap our head around NOT looking at it from the perspective of time travel, since it is a trope that we are so used to. It becomes easier to follow once the timeline clicks.

You have to understand that everyone was frozen in the 2000s. When Terrence Howard was causing the accidents and people woke up in Wayward Pines, those accidents were caused in the 2000s and those people were frozen. Terrence Howard himself was frozen as well. If someone says "I've been in Wayward Pines for 10 years" that just means they were unthawed 10 years prior to the main character being unthawed. That is why his partner had aged 10 years. They both were frozen in the 2000's, but she was unthawed 10 years before he was in the 4000's

When his wife went looking for him after he disappeared, there was a panic amongst his secret service colleagues that set him up. She was close to finding the site where he had been frozen. So she herself was frozen. She got unthawed shortly after he did, 2000 years later. The early episodes of the show were playing around with this timeline making you think that there was time travel or time dilation, but there was no such thing. It was a clever trick. Stuff that happened outside of Wayward Pines was from the 2000's, stuff inside Wayward Pines from the 4000's.

Plus, some people frozen in 1999 were unfrozen after people frozen in 2014. Since you stop aging when you get frozen, you have people who were born earlier appearing to be younger than people who were born later.

Pilcher and his staff unfreeze people when there's a role that needs to be filled (e.g. potential replacement Sheriff,) not in the order that they were frozen.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz

Here's my thing

Wasn't there a clip of Terrance Howard talking to one of the FBI guys from the 2000s having a conversation about ole boys wife getting suspicious

Then they wheeled her in with his son