Tech Industry Lies: "tHeReS sO mUcH mONey iN tECh. TeCH bReHs eATin GooD"

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am in the field, and the worst thing you can do for yourself is not negotiate your salary and take the first offer. I have worked with people making 10-30k less than me doing the same job, but did not take the risk of saying no.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
was coming in here to mention that, dap fishin ain't just a username.

fukk outta here. Y'all just mad cuz I'm spitting facts @patscorpio

All you tech mfs always humble bragging and acting like black people can just enter the industry and hit the ground running and always leave the challenging aspects and politics of the tech industry out of your posts. It's always how much certs you got and how much money y'all making , but y'all leave out the parts where it was all based on luck and networking. Any black person in tech is an exception and minority to the demographics of people actually getting recruited and employed. I know many brehs that went to school for computer science, couldn't find work and went on to do something else. Basically wasted 4-6 years of their life trying to make shyt happen that was never gonna happen in the first place.

You think black people have to be superb or excellent when it comes to other fields like healthcare, construction, business, etc ??? Not like with IT/Programming. Y'all can keep selling dreams, I'm gonna keep spreading truth :ufdup:

I'm not gonna let brehs waste their time when we as black people have no time to waste.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
fukk outta here. Y'all just mad cuz I'm spitting facts @patscorpio

All you tech mfs always humble bragging and acting like black people can just enter the industry and hit the ground running and always leave the challenging aspects and politics of the tech industry out of your posts. It's always how much certs you got and how much money y'all making , but y'all leave out the parts where it was all based on luck and networking. Any black person in tech is an exception and minority to the demographics of people actually getting recruited and employed. I know many brehs that went to school for computer science, couldn't find work and went on to do something else. Basically wasted 4-6 years of their life trying to make shyt happen that was never gonna happen in the first place.

You think black people have to be superb or excellent when it comes to other fields like healthcare, construction, business, etc ??? Not like with IT/Programming. Y'all can keep selling dreams, I'm gonna keep spreading truth :ufdup:

I'm not gonna let brehs waste their time when we as black people have no time to waste.
False. We have to excel no matter what field we're in. Maybe you only have experience in the tech industry and don't know many people in other fields but trust me it's not an issue that only exist in tech.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
False. We have to excel no matter what field we're in. Maybe you only have experience in the tech industry and don't know many people in other fields but trust me it's not an issue that only exist in tech.

Negro please. I know of many brehs that are below Average in other fields, especially trades and they never struggle for work and are always eatin. The tech field is it's own particular beast against black people and there's statistics to prove it.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Still eating while paid less then the cacs.

The gold thing about these overpaid cacs is they're always getting fired for not being worth the money and there's a slot to fill.

but we aren't filling the slot.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Negro please. I know of many brehs that are below Average in other fields, especially trades and they never struggle for work and are always eatin. The tech field is it's own particular beast against black people and there's statistics to prove it.
Aspire to be average in your profession and wonder why you dont go anywhere brehs :dead:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Aspire to be average in your profession and wonder why you dont go anywhere brehs :dead:

Look at the one who's actually @Dap Fishin :rudy:

Who said anything about aspiring to be average ? :leostare:

@Dap Fishin You in BK right? You struggling to find an IT job?

I've moved on. Never had to struggle for work since getting my CDL. The transportation field doesn't have any barriers like tech.

bammtronics

man sit 'cho ass down!
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach
We average less everywhere though, this ain't exclusive to tech :martin: gatekeeping is our real issue

Use negotiation/leverage/connections/nepotism/whatever to your advantage wherever you can. There's too many opportunities right now. In tech it's not uncommon to hop from company to company every couple of years just to up the pay/opportunity.

Daps
My uncle is a highly paid contractor in Tech. He controls his pay and works for multiple companies at a high pay rate while maintaining his own business. I think that’s how everybody in tech should go about their work because the field is always in transition.
What skills does your Uncle have and what type of work or technologies does he work on?

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I have no doubt I was underpaid at two jobs in particular , but I actually negotiated for both :mjcry:.....just had no idea where to start because I didn't know any one else in tech I could really talk to beforehand and coworkers usually be vague as shyt when you try to talk about money
Not sure if you in tech but there is a site that opened my eyes to how much people were getting paid : Levels.fyi | Salaries & Tools to Level Up Your Career
Last go round I straight up told a couple companies nah no thanks when they tried to act like xyz was the most money they could offer.

Damn man, I’m in a web dev program, this gold thank you! :blessed:

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
What skills does your Uncle have and what type of work or technologies does he work on?

His main focus is IT and he has multiple certs with Cisco which has allowed him to get contracts from 3 months to a year from mid level companies to Fortune 500. He also sets up networks and is an electrician as his own business.

This is working out the Atlanta area.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
We need a uniquely Black tech and engineering sector.
Low wages are a result of working for the cac man..why would he pay you a fair wage equal to his own people? We still fail to grasp the ways of the world.

Tech sector needs a fresh new and creative aspect. Asians and Cacs are doing the same thing, so we can be different and make all the money without having to beg cacs for jobs.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I have no doubt I was underpaid at two jobs in particular , but I actually negotiated for both :mjcry:.....just had no idea where to start because I didn't know any one else in tech I could really talk to beforehand and coworkers usually be vague as shyt when you try to talk about money
Not sure if you in tech but there is a site that opened my eyes to how much people were getting paid : Levels.fyi | Salaries & Tools to Level Up Your Career
Last go round I straight up told a couple companies nah no thanks when they tried to act like xyz was the most money they could offer.

Posts like these deserve rep. Salute