Tech Industry Lies: "tHeReS sO mUcH mONey iN tECh. TeCH bReHs eATin GooD"

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tech has been great for me...a lot of people come into this field expecting it to be easy when its not. A lot of patience, thinking and reading is required. Its not like they make it out to be on TV with the non stop typing.

I'm on the low end of the top %5 of income earners in the United states

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
I made 490K and my white male coworker made 500K I guess I’ll join an industry where they treat me fairly like… *check notes* the NBA :troll:

OP isn’t wrong but singling out tech as if;
1. This isn’t prevalent in other industries.
2. You have the potential to make so much more in tech than in other industries it means “less” discriminatory wise.

So what’s the agenda here :patrice:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I made 490K and my white male coworker made 500K I guess I’ll join an industry where they treat me fairly like… *check notes* the NBA :troll:

OP isn’t wrong but singling out tech as if;
1. This isn’t prevalent in other industries.
2. You have the potential to make so much more in tech than in other industries it means “less” discriminatory wise.

So what’s the agenda here :patrice:

If mfs listen to you nikkas the black community would continue in shambles. Got brehs wasting their time learning a bunch of tech jargon only to find out they can't even get their foot in the door. fukk all that

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Always negotiate and ask what you can expect this compensation to grow into? Research Glassdoor / fishbowl as well.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
You have to be good at negotiating to actually get paid in tech. I day trade for a living, but decided to get a little start up gig so I can at least make my girl seem like I’m “striving for more” and “not being lazy.” The reality is my salary isn’t that good, but I was able to negotiate my stock options every year, so if I do well this year. I’ll be asking for more stock come next year with my case explained.

be strategic, push for more, and then over deliver on your abilities.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
You have to be good at negotiating to actually get paid in tech. I day trade for a living, but decided to get a little start up gig so I can at least make my girl seem like I’m “striving for more” and “not being lazy.” The reality is my salary isn’t that good, but I was able to negotiate my stock options every year, so if I do well this year. I’ll be asking for more stock come next year with my case explained.

be strategic, push for more, and then over deliver on your abilities.
Any good day trading tutorials?

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
If mfs listen to you nikkas the black community would continue in shambles. Got brehs wasting their time learning a bunch of tech jargon only to find out they can't even get their foot in the door. fukk all that
This is some of the stupidest shyt I’ve seen on this board and that’s saying something :russ:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whatever you do stay out of student loan debt. Besides coders not many techies are even using what they learned in school on the job. If the ROI isn't there just go the self-learning route. Especially with how fast technology changes these days.

Meet a millennial who is turning 40, starting yet another new career and has $47,000 in debt. 'I've worked very hard and it didn't pay off. It feels very unfair.'

Meet a millennial who is turning 40, starting yet another new career and has $47,000 in debt. ‘I’ve worked very hard and it didn’t pay off. It feels very unfair.’