Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:beli:Had a Sys Admin phone screening and even prepped a cheat-sheet so I wouldn't lose focus on my answers.

I felt so much goddamn imposter syndrome it is crazy. Hybrid and pays well. Going to do some prep for the 2nd interview cause I need to cop this.

I imagine whenever rate cuts hit, hiring will pick back up and the sooner I get this title on my resume, the better prepped I will be for a cloud position. They pop up frequently and many I have seen go hybrid or remote. I want to be 100% remote by 2 years from now.

Best of luck catching these gigs, yall. Half the time I see something, I wonder if its even a real position.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
:beli:Had a Sys Admin phone screening and even prepped a cheat-sheet so I wouldn't lose focus on my answers.

I felt so much goddamn imposter syndrome it is crazy. Hybrid and pays well. Going to do some prep for the 2nd interview cause I need to cop this.

I imagine whenever rate cuts hit, hiring will pick back up and the sooner I get this title on my resume, the better prepped I will be for a cloud position. They pop up frequently and many I have seen go hybrid or remote. I want to be 100% remote by 2 years from now.

Best of luck catching these gigs, yall. Half the time I see something, I wonder if its even a real position.
When rates cut it'll still take some time. Tech is always behind the economy at large. I'd imagine if they start cutting end of this year or early next year we'll see hiring pick up 2nd half of next year

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When rates cut it'll still take some time. Tech is always behind the economy at large. I'd imagine if they start cutting end of this year or early next year we'll see hiring pick up 2nd half of next year
This is what I am banking on. There are a lot of mid-size businesses here in Chicago throwing money for positions but the competition is a beast. It does seem positions for experienced folk has picked up while there really isn't much there for 100% fresh to the industry people. I am glad I got over the hump but I missed the "Great resignation" period and did not apply to things simply because I liked my job:francis:Lessons were learned cause i'm still here 2 years and 9 months later in the same position.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This is what I am banking on. There are a lot of mid-size businesses here in Chicago throwing money for positions but the competition is a beast. It does seem positions for experienced folk has picked up while there really isn't much there for 100% fresh to the industry people. I am glad I got over the hump but I missed the "Great resignation" period and did not apply to things simply because I liked my job:francis:Lessons were learned cause i'm still here 2 years and 9 months later in the same position.
I hear you breh, but in this environment surviving is essential as well

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know this is about tech layoffs but is this happening to other industries too? Cause i know a few people in other fields that were laid off or are preparing to bounce before it happens

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hear you breh, but in this environment surviving is essential as well
That is a fact. I'm at the point though thanks to my team being hollowed out (management on some BS) and my desire to clock six figures sooner rather than later, I'm ready to move on. Surviving was cool but I wanna be able to take my family to vacation and whatnot. I spent enough of life doing the economical thing but I want to be able to let finances not be my first thought on whether I can or can not do something.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got a call back this week and they said someone rejected the offer and they wanted me to join. Signed my offer and am putting in my two weeks on Monday!!!! :banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:
Brehs……..
So I’ve been working in this program since early June and I just got placed as a Full Stack dev with a Fortune 500 finance company. :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:
It’s about a 1 hour drive from where I live and it’s hybrid. Oh and I didn’t even have to do an interview. They’re a repeat client and they’ve taken so many devs from our program they didn’t even want to bother with any interviews. :wow:
I’m literally shaking right now. This doesn’t even feel real. Things don’t usually break this way for me. Two months ago, I was down horrible sending out hundreds of applications, not even getting call backs, about to give up and not even bother trying to get into the field. I didn’t even make the program at first and now I’m a full stack dev. :wow:

I started back on this grind early last year and it’s finally starting to pay off. To anyone reading this, don’t you dare give up. Ignore all the doom and gloom articles and keep grinding. If I can do it so can you. :to:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Brehs……..
So I’ve been working in this program since early June and I just got placed as a Full Stack dev with a Fortune 500 finance company. :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:
It’s about a 1 hour drive from where I live and it’s hybrid. Oh and I didn’t even have to do an interview. They’re a repeat client and they’ve taken so many devs from our program they didn’t even want to bother with any interviews. :wow:
I’m literally shaking right now. This doesn’t even feel real. Things don’t usually break this way for me. Two months ago, I was down horrible sending out hundreds of applications, not even getting call backs, about to give up and not even bother trying to get into the field. I didn’t even make the program at first and now I’m a full stack dev. :wow:

I started back on this grind early last year and it’s finally starting to pay off. To anyone reading this, don’t you dare give up. Ignore all the doom and gloom articles and keep grinding. If I can do it so can you. :to:
Grats