Teacher humiliates student who was sleeping in class

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Liberal Ideology and Policies are COMPLETELY to blame for that mess, breh.

Parents can't control their kids anymore, what makes you think teachers can?​

This kills me too. Folks in this thread talking about , "if that was my kid :stopitslime:" I'm thinking if that is your kid then you've got bigger things to be concerned about than a female teacher humiliating him in class. The logic of some of these dikkheads in here:mjlol: You can literally tell in this thread which posters are likely to fail miserably as parents and then blame the system instead of looking in the mirror.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this day and age?? the shyt was offensive period. you don't have a problem with a white teacher putting foot on a black student, standing on top of his desk, grabbing his hair, poking/prodding him like he's an animal, instead of actually using her training or the least bit of common sense to find other APPROPRIATE methods of dealing with the situation? stop with the troll shyt.

I have a bigger problem with the kid possibly nodding and dosing off in class like the subject of a Pusha T metaphor.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Bet she's the "cool" teacher at school :francis:

I had a teacher put Tha Carter 2 on full blast while we would take tests/quizzes because the majority of the class would always talk when she was teaching :troll:

It was a mixed race class too so we had little Billy like "Miss _____ I can't concentrate with this music on" :mjlol:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
KyokushinKarateka said:
So you think this is okay coming from a white woman? You think, if the roles were reversed, a Black female teacher would get away with this?

Has absolutely NOTHING to do with 'race'. This whole thing is about the teachers' ability to control the classroom vs. the students' willingness to learn.

Parents can't even do that to their own children, which is why my FIRST post stated she'd be fired.

If a parent did that to their child, they'd either get their child taken by CPS, or, end-up in jail.

Johnny STILL won't be able to read, but at least he got a good nap in class and his rights were protected.............:mindblown:

Daps
She resigned. The kid's father hopes she gets her job back. I'm thinking he may be one of the few black families in the area and is afraid of retaliation. The other teachers and students are outraged she resigned, because, well...white women can never do anything wrong or be punished.

111Shares

Father of teen seen in video that led to Upstate teacher retiring early hopes she gets job back

Lisa Houston retired after more than 25 years in the classroom
Updated: 2:46 PM EDT May 4, 2018

Veteran Upstate teacher won't return to classroom after social media video
by WYFF US

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. —
The father of an Upstate teen at the center of a video that led a teacher to retire early says he hopes the teacher gets her job back.

The video shows Palmetto High School teacher Lisa Houston, who has spent her entire career teaching math at Palmetto High School, on a student's desk, nudging him with her foot and hand, and tugging on his hair.

Houston told WYFF News 4 she was attempting to wake the student.

"If you ask any kid I've taught, they'll tell you I kid around with them, make them stay awake and laugh with them," Houston said. "I know the video looks bad. If you don't know the situation, you don't know what's going on, but it was not a malicious act. It was all in fun. I want the public to know that I love the student, and that our rapport with each other was great. I would have never done anything to hurt him."

The student’s father told WYFF News 4 on Friday that he wants the whole matter to be over with and he hopes Houston gets her job back.

teacher-1525300461.jpg

WYFF News 4
Houston said the student made a statement to the school after the video was posted, but Anderson School District One Assistant Superintendent Jane Harrison said that because of privacy rights, the district was unable to release the statement, or tell WYFF News 4 what was written in it.

"In response to your request for comment regarding a video, the district wishes our community to know that the school administration immediately conducted an inquiry into what occurred, and we can share the following: the individual has already separated as an Anderson One teacher. Although the district is unable to comment in detail about the matter, the administration took seriously what occurred, and the teacher, who has had an exemplary record of teaching performance, decided of her own accord that she would retire in the best interest of her school," Harrison said.

Houston's attorney, Ryan Beasley, also released a statement, that said, "My client has a 27-year unblemished record teaching in the public schools. Over those years, she has earned the love and respect of her students, her peers and the community. She is devastated over what has occurred.

"This short clip, lacking any audio does not tell the whole story. There were many witnesses in the classroom as to what happened and the playful nature of her relationship with her students. We are confident that as more facts come to light, her reputation as an excellent and loving teacher will be restored."

School board member resigns

Doug Atkins resigned Wednesday night as a school board member because he was unhappy with the outcome of Houston being pressured to retire.

“She was forced to retire,” Atkins said. “This was done in haste. She is a godly woman and has an exemplary record. They acted in haste. I didn’t want any part of that and that’s why I resigned.”

Students, parents protest in support of teacher

On Thursday, dozens rallied to get Houston back in the classroom.

"I don't know why she is being accused of doing anything she shouldn't have been doing when she was just joking around,” Palmetto High School graduate Jordan Smith said. “She's never done anything to harm a student. She's always done the best she can to help.”

Students past and present said Houston was more than just a math teacher to them.

“Lisa was somebody who loved willingly, anybody, no matter who you were, where you came from,” Palmetto High graduate Ryan Rector said. "It's hurt our community, because Anderson One has lost a wonderful teacher. Palmetto High School has lost a wonderful teacher."

Parents agreed Houston had a different way of teaching that reached students in an unconventional way.

“When I see this video, I saw what she did for years,” parent Michael Gowen said. “If anything ever happened to me, and my sons didn’t have anybody to go to, I’d want Lisa to raise them. We’re taking a stand. We want teachers to take the classroom back, and we want Lisa to get back into the classroom.”

Students, parents protest in support of Anderson County teacher who retired after social media video
by WYFF US

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I can't believe people in this very thread are cool with TEACHERS putting their feet ON sleeping students...:dahell: but if it was a student doing it to a damn TEACHER y'all be screaming outrage... The Teacher is a grown adult they supposed to exercise wisdom in dealing with kids... this kid could have had a narcolepsy issue or is medicated or is just drained. you don't put your fukking foot on him standing on the desk like a jackass!!! Your the adult!!!! :mindblown:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Grabbing a black dude by his braids? Putting her Payless shoes on a nikka check and shoulder to wake him up? Cuz is trippin. He should have swept one of those legs holding up to desk to make that hoe fall on her back.

Agreed.
She seemed worried.
She shouldn't have put her foot on him though.
I hope he isnt on drugs.
He was deep in slumber.
Seemed worried my ass. If she was worried she would have called a nurse. Instead of showing out for those caclets

The amount of cacs in this thread:picard:

What happened to this site? shyt is st0rmfr0nt jr

Last edited: