Tariq’s movie premiere in NYC. Line down the block FBA turned out to support!! #MicrophoneCheck

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:ufdup:

Now you're trolling but I got the reciepts

I asked you why didnt Ralph correct Afrika Bambatta in 2007 when he interviewed Bam and Bam said that he envisioned Hip Hop being universal in the furture in which you said BAM wasn't in a position to speak for the culture. Your response was that Ralph didnt know what was happening in the Bronx in the 70's which has nothing to do with 2007. :heh:

I mean....your response was dumb because by 2007 (not the 1970s) I'm sure Ralph was well aware of what was going on in The Bronx or had enough info by 2007 to where he could ask such a question. You are such a liar and a troll.

:dahell::childplease::comeon:how can a man (Ralph), who probably thinks HipHop started with the man (Baam) he was interviewing (that's what he's been fed), tell that same man, that THEIR OWN PERSONAL VISION FOR the culture was wrong? The reason I said Baambatta should speak for HIS organization instead of the culture as a whole is because Baam's ideals weren't a reflection of HOW the culture was born. Here, we have Baambatta's mentor (Kool D) making it clear where the culture came from

all them kumbayas tales of early HipHop are lies:russ:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Black americans helped create ska and reggae. Reggae’s foundation can arguably be attributed to black americans :ohhh:

and this is where the coli hypocisy gets peak

Americans will take credit for influence in Jamaican music

Americans will deny any influence from Jamaicans in American music whatsoever

and therein lies the issue

this debate is about politics not history...

:russell:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
:dahell::childplease::comeon:how can a man (Ralph), who probably thinks HipHop started with the man (Baam) he was interviewing (that's what he's been fed), tell that same man, that THEIR OWN PERSONAL VISION FOR the culture was wrong? The reason I said Baambatta should speak for HIS organization instead of the culture as a whole is because Baam's ideals weren't a reflection of HOW the culture was born. Here, we have Baambatta's mentor (Kool D) making it clear where the culture came from

You're trolling again.

You really gonna just focus on Ralph and ignore Davey D who u actually co signed.

Let me post the receipts again.

:sas2:

So Ralph let Bam rock and Davey D who u co signed let Bam rock. Kinda hard not to see you actually co signed Davey D only to contradict yourself now.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps

Tariq's claim to fame was tethering onto history from here to Asia and throwing it in a blender as Hidden Colors but NOW these muhfukkas are fed up... with you fukkin tethers :martin:

Breh was doing great work then and still doing it today

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps

You sound triggered. Maybe you should read the article to learn something instead of being emotionally charged. It’s actually a really interesting article and talks about how african american soldiers and men came together with Jamaican brehs and bonded over music

Seems like you’re making a disingenuous straw men argument as well. Who said Jamaicans havent had any influence on American music whatsoever? Clearly theyve had influence on hip hop which is just ONE layer of “American music” Now as far as being creators and the origins? No

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You quoted me wrong and you're co signing bullshyt.

how did I quote you wrong ?

They had him up there before the diaspora war he started doing. You really think he's gonna go on NYC radio and talk that same shyt about Fat Joe without backlash? Talking like that among your following on Youtube and Facebook is one thing. Saying it on a bigger platform like TBC will bring attention to it differently. West Indians and Latinos are plenty in NYC and he would get labeled as not being an ally. Fat Joe is more popular then Tariq and Joe goes on The Breakfast Club like every year. We all know if Tariq goes on The Breakfast Club talking that shyt about Fat Joe, Joe is going to respond and Tariq will not win a diaspora war outside of his online following, especially when Joe is Hip Hop and Tariq isn't.

you mentioned Fat Joe in your post several times and I said he has nothing to do with why NYC hip-hop radio stations are not interviewing Tariq for this documentary. It has nothing to do with him. It has everything to do with their fanbase

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
how did I quote you wrong ?

you mentioned Fat Joe in your post several times and I said he has nothing to do with why NYC hip-hop radio stations are not interviewing Tariq for this documentary. It has nothing to do with him. It has everything to do with their fanbase

You quoted me wrong because you literally said the same thing I said but took me using Tariqs talking points against Fat Joe as an example wrong. I coulda have said the same thing and used Busta Rhymes instead of Joe. My comment wouldnt be about Busta either. My comment was about Tariqs diaspora war being why Tariq was not invited to TBC and I just used the Joe talking point as an example of his diaspora war talking point. You took me mentioning Joe out of context.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You sound triggered. Maybe you should read the article to learn something instead of being emotionally charged. It’s actually a really interesting article and talks about how african american soldiers and men came together with Jamaican brehs and bonded over music

Seems like you’re making a disingenuous straw men argument as well. Who said Jamaicans havent had any influence on American music whatsoever? Clearly theyve had influence on hip hop which is just ONE layer of “American music” Now as far as being creators and the origins? No
yes by hypocrisy. I'm not American or Jamaican

I didn't deny anything in the article I said that when the same contrast is made from the other side some of you get aggy. that's a valid observation

you can't have the stance that you influence all others and then say you have never been influenced that is my point. both these things can't be true.

Hip hop is an American artform. that is not in dispute. I never agreed with Busta saying it started in or by Jamaica.. the issue is how a certain set of members who just happen to be tariq warriors and xenophobes seized that argument and Tariq himself (the divider) to write out the outside influences and outside contributors to American music but take credit when American music does so in other places. these same people just so happen to not like other Black people... the odds of that

doesn't take nostradamus to see what's happening here. he caters to his audience and knows their buttons.

:mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What I wanna know is why toasting keeps getting brought up as if we didn’t have that tradition here. If you look up AA toasting it’s undeniable. Why would we need a Jamaican to bring it here when it was already deep here ?? Plus the dozens.
All covered in the film. Busy Bee never heard of that shyt:russ:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

You're trolling again.

You really gonna just focus on Ralph and ignore Davey D who u actually co signed.

Let me post the receipts again.

:sas2:

So Ralph let Bam rock and Davey D who u co signed let Bam rock. Kinda hard not to see you actually co signed Davey D only to contradict yourself now.

Dude, that's the whole reason why Tariq docu had to be made. Cat's who knew better stayed quiet and let the Herc/Baam/Flash narrative cook for more than 40 years while the real truth popped on various interviews over that same period of time. DXT and Crazy Legs already spoke about cats not wanting to ruffle feathers

even Coke La Rock stayed quiet which ended up hurting him why Herc got all the glory lol

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Dude, that's the whole reason why Tariq docu had to be made.

And there you have it

Tariq who isnt Hip Hop is your go to guy for Hip Hop history while Ralph, BAM and Davey who are Hip Hop got it wrong....according to you

There's no more that needs to be said.

Tho I do find it funny that Ralph got it so wrong and Tariq is your go to guy when The Coli has the tweet from 2018 of Tariq (before he was doing the diaspora war thing) saying Kool Herc started Hip Hop even tho Ralphs docu came out in 2011 saying otherwise 7 years before Tariq made that tweet. :heh:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

you cant point to any tangible influence. Therein lies the real issue

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
And there you have it

Tariq who isnt Hip Hop is your go to guy for Hip Hop history while Ralph, BAM and Davey who are Hip Hop got it wrong....according to you

Baam didn't get it wrong. he already told the truth

AS did Davey D in 1999

Disco King Mario never released no records. He didn't produce no major rap stars. I'm not even sure if he ever toured around the world once Hip Hop became known world wide. However, for those of us who were around back in the beginning days of the 70s, Disco King Mario who lived upstairs from my man DJ Paradise of X-Clan over in the Bronxdale Housing projects, was a household name. He was known for throwing some of Hip Hop's best jams and keeping the party going. He was staple in early Hip Hop whose name and his crew Chuck Chuck City was mentioned on many of the early tapes. One of Mario's unwritten contributions was how he gave
bamatmadison.gif
Afrika Bambaattaa a helping hand. He used loan Bam his dj equipment. Later on Bam would face Mario in his first official DJ battle. Back in the early days it was Disco King Mario who was at the top of heap and the man to beat

as did Herc and Smokey

There's no more that needs to be said.

Tho I do find it funny that Ralph got it so wrong and Tariq is your go to guy when The Coli has the tweet from 2018 of Tariq (before he was doing the diaspora war thing) saying Kool Herc started Hip Hop even tho Ralphs docu came out in 2011 saying otherwise 7 years before Tariq made that tweet. :heh:

Tariq isn't my guy on anything HipHop:comeon: because I was posting all of these facts back in 2014/2015 on this board before I even knew who he was:mjpls:

The thread that started it all!:whoo::blessed: