Tariq’s movie premiere in NYC. Line down the block FBA turned out to support!! #MicrophoneCheck

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
So where did Dub come from? Who gave these Jamaicans the idea of taking electronic production gear and then sampling, copying, experimenting with, and eventually "toasting" over beats and records as a genre of music, as early as the 1960s?

Jamaicans were early pioneers of electronic music in general, let alone Hip Hop. It's really sad this is an issue for hashtag house c00ns. The rest of us can just enjoy black culture.
Black americans helped create ska and reggae. Reggae’s foundation can arguably be attributed to black americans :ohhh:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
This Acronym movement is a tiny, tiny minority IRL.

Most people would find their grievances weird anyway. In 2024, your biggest grievance is the inclusion of West Indians and Puerto Ricans in the founding of hip hop? :mjlol:
You don’t go outside. There’s a new widespread conscience amongst black americans about the fact that they are their own ethnic group with a unique culture and identity

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Yeah...so answer this question. If what you are saying is true and he's not promoting "seperatism" then why did Tariq Nasheed question why Fat Joe was hosting the BET Hip Hop awards for 2 years straight? That has absolutly nothing to do with the origins of Hip Hop at all. Tariq literally questioned why Fat Joe, a member of DITC..a Hip Hop legend who has had countless videos on BET since the 90's....Tariq literally asked why is Fat Joe hosting the BET Hip Hop awards and he then said "You dont see the Latin awards asking us to host anything" which makes it about race. You say that's not "sepreratism" well then what the hell is that?
I fail to see what any of this has to do with the content of the documentary. You got it right with the bolded. You dont have an actual argument just babbling

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:duck:

Lies. Those weren't your words. You literally said.

:ufdup:

And LOL @ dudes co signing your lies.

:heh:

We not talking about the DJing liar.......Ralph said in the video he was riding the train and going out to The Bronx and u said he didn;t know what was happening in The Bronx. I was riding the train by myself at the age of 10 and 11. You are so full of shyt. And the fact that dudes is co signing your lies confirms the bias.

I stand by what I said: He didn't know anything about the foundational years of HipHop in the Bronx. He for damn sure wasn't pulling up to random Bronx Jams as an outsider . :russ:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I stand by what I said: He didn't know anything about the foundational years of HipHop in the Bronx. He for damn sure wasn't pulling up to random Bronx Jams as an outsider . :russ:

Well then that's you basically saying Ralph is a liar. But I believe Ralph over you because u have no proof he was lying, you just pulled that out your ass.

Its funny how when you post reciepts its supposed to be law but when I post reciepts the person is a liar all because it debunks your narrative. :heh:

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Well then that's you basically saying Ralph is a liar.

Its funny how when you post reciepts its supposed to be law but when I post reciepts the person is a liar all because it debunks your narrative. :heh:

:whoo::mjgrin:

The facts straight from his own mouth

Congrats on 30 years of “Video Music Box.” Being you’re directly responsible for introducing so many people to hip-hop, do you recall your own personal first exposure to it?

It was probably, I want to say, ’76. Breakbeats were starting to become prevalent and I was in a record store, watching a DJ buy some breakbeats, going through each song and realizing he was only playing a certain part of the record he was looking for. While I was looking for full songs, I found it interesting he was looking for a particular break in the record. I realized that, it was a movement of mostly guys from the Bronx who were just playing that particular part of the record. I was living in Queens at the time, and we were playing the breaks of records around the city, but we were not as micromanaging as he was. That’s when I realized something was going on with the Bronx DJs that was a little bit different than the rest of the city.

Anything else you wanna say on this issue?:sas2:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I fail to see what any of this has to do with the content of the documentary. You got it right with the bolded. You dont have an actual argument just babbling

:snoop:

Yeah..we're done. You are the one who brought up that Tariq wasn't "promoting seperatism" in post #148. So when I challenge you by pointing out that he does, I'm babbling.

Do me a favor homie....don't ever quote me again. You quoted me first in this thread when I wasn't addressing you. You don't know Hip Hop and your debating skills are trash. I refuse to respond to you on this topic any further. You can have the final word. Peace.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
:whoo::mjgrin:

The facts straight from his own mouth

Anything else you wanna say on this issue?:sas2:
like clockwork :mjlol:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
What I wanna know is why toasting keeps getting brought up as if we didn’t have that tradition here. If you look up AA toasting it’s undeniable. Why would we need a Jamaican to bring it here when it was already deep here ?? Plus the dozens.

They simply lack the knowledge about what started where and who influenced who

and what makes it sadder is that the Jamaican OGs have always admitted where they got "Toasting" from

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

So by your own admission Ralph knew what was going on in The Bronx even tho u said he didn't. :heh:

Thanks for proving that you are a liar who just makes up shyt. :laff:

He first heard Bronx HipHop by way of Queens in 1976. If his first time hearing it was in 1976, it's clear as day he didn't know any of what was going down in the Bronx circa 1970, 1971, 1972 etc..

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
He first heard Bronx HipHop by way of Queens in 1976. If his first time hearing it was in 1976, it's clear as day he didn't know any of what was going down in the Bronx circa 1970, 1971, 1972 etc..

:ufdup:

Now you're trolling but I got the reciepts

I asked you why didnt Ralph correct Afrika Bambatta in 2007 when he interviewed Bam and Bam said that he envisioned Hip Hop being universal in the furture in which you said BAM wasn't in a position to speak for the culture. Your response was that Ralph didnt know what was happening in the Bronx in the 70's which has nothing to do with 2007. :heh:

I mean....your response was dumb because by 2007 (not the 1970s) I'm sure Ralph was well aware of what was going on in The Bronx or had enough info by 2007 to where he could ask such a question. You are such a liar and a troll.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
:snoop:

Yeah..we're done. You are the one who brought up that Tariq wasn't "promoting seperatism" in post #148. So when I challenge you by pointing out that he does, I'm babbling.

Do me a favor homie....don't ever quote me again. You quoted me first in this thread when I wasn't addressing you. You don't know Hip Hop and your debating skills are trash. I refuse to respond to you on this topic any further. You can have the final word. Peace.
As soon as you put up an actual POINT only then can i "debate" you

you've been babbling in circles this entire time. Tariq is a separatist because he didn't want fat joe to host the bet awards has nothing to do with the documentary

Or why creating the documentary was separatist

Lets keep it a band. Alot of you anti fba anti microphone check dudes are cowards. Black Americans distributing their culture maintains the status quo to people like you. And thats something you dont want to disrupt or upset.
"If we tell the truth These latinos and caribbeans wont be frenz wit us no mo:to: "ass Nikka

tariq is a negro who's just starting trouble, dont speak to loud before massa hears you type shyt

Last edited:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
:mindblown: Fat Joe has nothing to do with this

The only reason hot 97 and power 105 refused to interview Tariq for this documentary - simply due to their fan based , which is overwhelmingly Caribbean/West Indies and Latino/Spanish

You quoted me wrong and you're co signing bullshyt.