Tariq’s movie premiere in NYC. Line down the block FBA turned out to support!! #MicrophoneCheck

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
u claimed it so you should be able to post exactly what that is.

Like yall just be saying shyt with no actual receipts
we been thru this is one of the many chronological thread illmatic delta made on music history which was the whole point i referenced this noted hypocrisy

i think some of you dudes are brain dead the way you like to pretend you don't remember shyt. you want to keep going in circles when you a a mental block called a bias.

like y'all be asking for the same receipts over and over

lobotomy victim or?

we gon at like Jamaica don't only have one relevant genre though?:what:

People keep mentioning Jamaica's low population. If population had anything to do with it than Nigeria would be the most influential. Jamaican success owes a great deal to the success of black american music on a global scale

:mjpls:

they owe you everything... all the music their one relevant genre ever made was directly as a result of you and they also rode the coattails of your success. you even claim their success...

MENTAL PATIENT

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
and I completely get it you don’t like the man - so I’m not gonna go back-and-forth with you on that I understand
with that said …. so I’ll take back. “ It makes him look like a winner “ and revise it to “ it makes him look like he’s telling the truth.”

Correction.

I fux with Tariq. I'm just against Tariq mixing his personal diaspora war agenda with hip hop culture because we don't separate ethnicities like that in Hip Hop. That's me going hard to defend Hip Hop. Real disappointed at the so called hip hop heads in this thread who are actually co signing Tariq mixing his personal diaspora war with Hip Hop culture when it was made clear in the 80s that hip hop is colorless.

That's why I brought up Tariq looking funny questioning Fat Joe being Puerto Rican and hosting the BET Hip Hop awards because it exposed him for being in a diaspora war. Fat Joe hosting The BET hip hop awards show has diddly squat to do with the The "FBAs started hiphop" conversation and has everything to do with "separatism."

BruhManFromTheFifthFlo

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Pretty wild dude is one degree out from Rihanna.

People don’t want to admit it, but Tariq is a lot closer to the culture than most of the Dems are.
Household must be wild seeing as she’s from the Caribbean. He probably sneak off to go watch Tariq videos on the other side of the mansion
200w.gif

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Correction.

I fux with Tariq. I'm just against Tariq mixing his personal diaspora war agenda with hip hop culture because we don't separate ethnicities like that in Hip Hop. That's me going hard to defend Hip Hop. Real disappointed at the so called hip hop heads in this thread who are actually co signing Tariq mixing his personal diaspora war with Hip Hop culture when it was made clear in the 80s that hip hop is colorless.

That's why I brought up Tariq looking funny questioning Fat Joe being Puerto Rican and hosting the BET Hip Hop awards because it exposed him for being in a diaspora war. Fat Joe hosting The BET hip hop awards show has diddly squat to do with the The "FBAs started hiphop" conversation and has everything to do with "separatism."

:what:

you say you are disappointed with hip-hop heads in this thread
well, I’m disappointed in the narrative that you and others have been spinning in this thread.
See y’all wanna make this all about Tariq this and Tariq that when it actually has nothing to do with him, it has to do with dispelling the lies and bringing truth to life

hip-hop has zero Jamaican influence and Puerto Ricans came many years after the creation

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
:what:

you say you are disappointed with hip-hop heads in this thread
well, I’m disappointed in the narrative that you and others have been spinning in this thread.
See y’all wanna make this all about Tariq this and Tariq that when it actually has nothing to do with him, it has to do with dispelling the lies and bringing truth to life

hip-hop has zero Jamaican influence and Puerto Ricans came many years after the creation
:snoop:

Jesus Christ.

The only narrative I've been spinning is that Tariq mixing his personal diaspora war with hip hop culture is wrong because Hip Hop is colorless (according to the foundation) and that really just flew over your head. Remember...U quoted me first all confused. You're talking about "dispelling lies" yet you just ignored me pointing out that a diaspora war in Hip Hop is a lie. I literally said "I'm defending hip hop" and you ignored that to say See y’all wanna make this all about Tariq this and Tariq that. WTF. U aren't paying attention to anything I have said.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
we been thru this is one of the many chronological thread illmatic delta made on music history which was the whole point i referenced this noted hypocrisy

i think some of you dudes are brain dead the way you like to pretend you don't remember shyt. you want to keep going in circles when you a a mental block called a bias.

like y'all be asking for the same receipts over and over

lobotomy victim or?

:mjpls:

they owe you everything... all the music their one relevant genre ever made was directly as a result of you and they also rode the coattails of your success. you even claim their success...

MENTAL PATIENT
no breh

A receipt about your claim that Jamaicans had an influence on black american music :beli:

your posting a thread that showcases american influences now show me the same regarding your claim

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
No.

Jamaicans had a tremendous DJing and music production culture that far predates and played a huge role in the development of Hip Hop.

Dub was arguably the first genre of modern electronic music, and a precursor to Hip Hop (and pretty much all sample based electronic music). And it was started in the late 1960s. And like Hip Hop it was all about taking pre-existing recordings/beats and manipulating them into new ones. Except it predates Hip Hop by nearly a decade. On top of that you had the whole sound system battle and Dancehall culture of Jamaica through the 60s and 70s, which was where you got the whole communal culture of folks gathering and "toasting" each other over popular beats in competition.

Jamaicans and Caribbeans like Kool Herc brought all that sounds system, DJing, toasting, production, sampling, "dubbing" culture of Jamaican DJing with them to America, during the height of disco and funk music. Yes there were American DJs and DJing culture before Jamaicans arrived. This is not to undermine those legendary disco DJs who were spinning records and also there during the advent of Hip Hop. But sampling and electronic music production had an entire life of its owns in Jamaica that came together with Americans in New York and helped give us the genre. You'd have to be ignorant to not see the clear influence Jamaican music production and culture of the late 60s and 70s had on the origins of Hip Hop. I mean to this day there is such a healthy exchange between American Hip Hop and Jamaican Dancehall. The two genres constantly introducing and adapting new production ideas from each other.

But c00ns like Tariq just wanna pit black folks against each other, erase Caribbeans from Hip Hop history, and claim Hip Hop was created in Mississipi by Southern Baptist church accapella groups in the 1940s, just so he can brand and sell another low budget movie. Someone tell the clown the DVD market is dead.

By the end of the day, I can't get with this new age crab in a barrel shyt nikkas wanna call pro-black. Hip Hop is black music created by black people. Americans and Caribbeans alike. Only c00ns with hurt egos need this to be "American" so damn bad.
My guy, Jamaicans got the idea of toasting and soundsystem culture from black americans. Count Machuki and Coxon Dodd both admitted that toasting is just them trying to imitate the jive talk of black radio hosts like Jocko Henderson. They BOTH admitted this, your own elders lol. Every element of hiphop was already there before the mass migrations. The rhyming is just the same shyt jocko hernderson and other black radio hosts HAD BEEN doing since the 40s and 50s (what yall call toasting). The breakdancing are just variations of the tap dancing and jazz/swing dancing that existed before hiphop. A good example is this move that many black tap dancers did in the 1950s. Here are the four steps brothers:

Last edited:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
What I wanna know is why toasting keeps getting brought up as if we didn’t have that tradition here. If you look up AA toasting it’s undeniable. Why would we need a Jamaican to bring it here when it was already deep here ?? Plus the dozens.
Count Machuki and Coxon Dodd, the fathers of toasting BOTH admitted that they got the idea of toasting from copying black radio hosts like Jocko Henderson. @SupaDupaCool looks like your jamaican elders failed you. Listen to the FATHERS of sound system and toasting explaing where they got it from:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
@Plankton let me understand this. You are okay with Fat Joe saying hip hop culture is 50/50 fba and ricans? You okay with Busta saying that Jamaicans created this.

Never once said that. Don't know where u came to that conclusion. I have literally stuck my chest out to the fact that FBAs created hip hop. I have also stressed that we have demoralized the culture to the lowest it can go trading in our once strong political voice to tell the world we are "thugs", "gangsters" and "trappers." And that Gang culture, ho culture and pill popping culture that plague this current era are a bigger issue that needs to be addressed and dealt with over the question of which ethnic group created Hip Hop.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Never once said that. Don't know where u came to that conclusion. I have literally stuck my chest out to the fact that FBAs created hip hop. I have also stressed that we have demoralized the culture to the lowest it can go trading in our once strong political voice to tell the world we are "thugs", "gangsters" and "trappers." And that Gang culture, ho culture and pill popping culture that plague this current era are a bigger issue that needs to be addressed and dealt with over the question of which ethnic group created Hip Hop.
Explain why Jamaicans lie that they brought sound system and toasting to us when, in reality, they copied us? Count Machuki and Coxon Dodd both explained that they got the idea of toasting from (black) American radio hosts doing jive talk.