Tariq’s movie premiere in NYC. Line down the block FBA turned out to support!! #MicrophoneCheck

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

You laugh because you are unfamiliar with the actual culture. The conversation of "race" having nothing to do with Hip Hop is old and has been discussed in The Booth years ago before there was a dispora war on The Coli

Art Barr said it years ago before Tariq misled ya'll with his separatism talking points. This quote is from 2018:

Race has nuffin to do with earning a place in a pillar and really being about the culture to show and prove.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
They had him up there before the diaspora war he started doing. You really think he's gonna go on NYC radio and talk that same shyt about Fat Joe without backlash? Talking like that among your following on Youtube and Facebook is one thing. Saying it on a bigger platform like TBC will bring attention to it differently. West Indians and Latinos are plenty in NYC and he would get labeled as not being an ally. Fat Joe is more popular then Tariq and Joe goes on The Breakfast Club like every year. We all know if Tariq goes on The Breakfast Club talking that shyt about Fat Joe, Joe is going to respond and Tariq will not win a diaspora war outside of his online following, especially when Joe is Hip Hop and Tariq isn't.

:mindblown: Fat Joe has nothing to do with this

The only reason hot 97 and power 105 refused to interview Tariq for this documentary - simply due to their fan based , which is overwhelmingly Caribbean/West Indies and Latino/Spanish

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Wow.

:ohhh:

So the Coli is really out of touch with Hip Hop culture and the actual history. Bams words are dumb shyt but Tariqs words are law on this site.
Hip Hop music is made from Black, brown, yellow, red and white

Man get the fukk out my face with this bullshyt :mjlol:

Can we get this non-black clown up outta here plz haha

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown: Fat Joe has nothing to do with this

The only reason hot 97 and power 105 refused to interview Tariq for this documentary - simply due to their fan based , which is overwhelmingly Caribbean/West Indies and Latino/Spanish
This Acronym movement is a tiny, tiny minority IRL.

Most people would find their grievances weird anyway. In 2024, your biggest grievance is the inclusion of West Indians and Puerto Ricans in the founding of hip hop? :mjlol:

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area

Most people would find their grievances weird anyway. In 2024, your biggest grievance is the inclusion of West Indians and Puerto Ricans in the founding of hip hop? :mjlol:
Why do you care and what does it have to do with you?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Man get the fukk out my face with this bullshyt :mjlol:Can we get this non-black clown up outta here plz haha

:ufdup:

Oh I see u mistaken. U thought those were my words

You didnt see the link at the bottom. Those aren't my words those are the words from AfriKa Bambatta.

Click the link to see how wrong you are

:mjlol:
I gave you the source. Davey D is official, signed and stamped. That interview was done by a Hip Hop legend in the 90's. Davey didn't challenge Bams words like you are so saying otherwise would be revisionist history. And let the record show...Bam was saying that since the 80's. Your response sounds like you are just unfamiliar becase this is old news.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not at all, I've been on this forum since SoHo, and most off the time anything relating to the foundation era. Unless on its this bs. It's me @IllmaticDelta and a few others.

And as far as this tired debate goes. Both sides are lying, and it needs to stop.

Hip-hop has nothing to do with Jamaican music culture at all.

But Caribbean Americans have been a part of this genre from the foundation days 72- 77
Name a Caribbean that created an element. I'll wait. Nobody says they weren't around, just that they didn't start it.
who gives a fukk :mjlol:

if telling the truth on our own culture gets people mad then they weren't worth being allies in the first place. Tariq has a whole nation of black americans lol, fat joe would just bring more attention to the fact

To the fake unity types- Are we a part of the african diaspora or not ? Yall certainly dont act like it. Something being of black american origin is not an actual problem if your serious about diasporan unity. You certaintly dont have a problem with claiming something is african

All it took was for one founding pioneer to be non fba and peoples imaginations went wild:mjlol: Literally the whole toasting thing, sound system thing etc are top to bottom lies that never came from herc himself. Let that sink in
Fixed.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

I see what you’re doing and it’s typical from people with your background … your playing word confusion

his doc isn’t about erasure of Caribbean & Spanish peeps - it only is to prove that the culture as a whole comes from & was soley created by FBA

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I see what you’re doing and it’s typical from people with your background … your playing word confusion

his doc isn’t about erasure of Caribbean & Spanish peeps - it only is to prove that the culture as a whole comes from & was soley created by FBA
And it seems like a lot of non Black Americans have issues with that for some reason

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
You said that I've been "consistently wrong" yet the only thing I stressed in this thread is that Hip Hop is colorless and I did it with words from an actual pioneers mouth. You ignored me pointing out that Hip Hop is colorless to tell me you are from my city. I presented a talking point from an actual pioneer of the culture that counters the "separatist" talking point that you are co signing and you ignored it yet I have been "consistently wrong" according to you.

This is what you did:

-Tariq Nasheed who isn't Hip Hop promotes separatism in Hip Hop
-You and every poster who doesn't know Hip Hop history co signs Tariq
- I point out that a Hip Hop pioneer and founding father said decades ago that there is no color in Hip Hop.
- You ignore that and tell me I'm "consistently wrong."

:snoop:
you claimed i wasnt hip hop

bam coming from the zulu nation had whites from manhattan all up in bronx river. Hip hop as a culture can be embraced by anybody group or country

what does that have to do with ORIGINS. Its the same deal as with Jazz,disco,rock,r&b etc. They all can be Colorless. But its original creators are FBA/ADOS

which is the whole point

Last edited: