Tariq’s movie premiere in NYC. Line down the block FBA turned out to support!! #MicrophoneCheck

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Explain why Jamaicans lie that they brought sound system and toasting to us when, in reality, they copied us? Count Machuki and Coxon Dodd both explained that they got the idea of toasting from (black) American radio hosts doing jive talk.

It's already been explained in this thread that Jamaicans and Black Americas and pretty much every race had misconceptions about Hip Hops origins for decades.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
It's already been explained in this thread that Jamaicans and Black Americas and pretty much every race had misconceptions about Hip Hops origins for decades.
So why do jamaicans keep repeating the lie that they gave us toasting and soundsystem culture? The problem with Jamaicans is that they bellieve that they gave us our music culture, even Jazz. The new lie is that haitians in new orealeans gave us jazz.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
So why do jamaicans keep repeating the lie that they gave us toasting and soundsystem culture? The problem with Jamaicans is that they bellieve that they gave us our music culture, even Jazz.

You should ask the Jamaicans who said that. You'd get a better answer then I can give you. I can't speak for them. If you say their info is wrong then tell them exactly what u just told me.

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
:snoop:

Jesus Christ.

The only narrative I've been spinning is that Tariq mixing his personal diaspora war with hip hop culture is wrong because Hip Hop is colorless (according to the foundation) and that really just flew over your head. Remember...U quoted me first all confused. You're talking about "dispelling lies" yet you just ignored me pointing out that a diaspora war in Hip Hop is a lie. I literally said "I'm defending hip hop" and you ignored that to say See y’all wanna make this all about Tariq this and Tariq that. WTF. U aren't paying attention to anything I have said.

i’m completely paying attention - it’s just your analogies and context are not adding up and not making any sense. It’s like apples and oranges

you saying Tariq is mixing his personal diaspora with hip-hop when hip-hop is a colorless culture : like what in the hell does hip-hop being colorless have to do with his documentary on the creators of hip-hop culture ADOS/FBA
for the record, I haven’t seen the documentary yet, but I can pretty much guarantee you there’s nobody that was part of the doc , got up there and said hip-hop only belongs to black Americans …. so once again what does bringing up hip-hop being a colorless culture have to do with anything

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
It's all about keeping the status quo.

No. The person you are quoting is a liar who I refuse to respond to because he's full of crap. Not once have I came in here and said anything against Tariqs documentary and you'll never find anything in this thread with me doing so. That's a shyt poster who just made that lie up and look at all the posters who co signed his lie. SMH.

I literally said I fux with Tariq and that my issue is Tariq injecting his personal diaspora war in Hip Hop which is colorless. I've said that over and over and over again in this thread.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
i wish these dudes would be honest about that:francis:

its a combo of cowardice and insecurity
Nah, this past week people been posting receipts on twitter so instead of admitting they're wrong their last resort is to claim that black culture is just borrowed from white folks:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
like what in the hell does hip-hop being colorless have to do with his documentary on the creators of hip-hop culture ADOS/FBA

My dude. This is the part you keep getting wrong. Remember.....YOU quoted me first talking about why The Breakfast Club didn't have Tariq up there to promote his docu. YOU quoted me speaking on Tariqs diaspora war being a possible reason he isn't on TBC.

All my responses to you were in regards to YOU originally quoting me about why Tariq wasn't on TBC. Now you are asking me what in the hell does hip-hop being colorless have to do with his documentary on the creators of hip-hop culture ADOS/FBA

Jesus Christ

My dude....You didnt quote me talking about the creators of hip hop being FBA...U quoted me talking about why Tariq wasn't on TBC and me bringing up his personal diaspora war being the reason. U quoted me literally saying that he'd get backlash because Hip Hop doesn't do that. My dude..learn to stay on topic if you gonna quote me.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Nah, this past week people been posting receipts on twitter so instead of admitting they're wrong their last resort is to claim that black culture is just borrowed from white folks:

guess when all else fails just go scorched earth and resort to all out c00ning

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
My dude. This is the part you keep getting wrong. Remember.....YOU quoted me first talking about why The Breakfast Club didn't have Tariq up there to promote his docu. YOU quoted me speaking on Tariqs diaspora war being a possible reason he isn't on TBC.

All my responses to you were in regards to YOU originally quoting me about why Tariq wasn't on TBC. Now you are asking me what in the hell does hip-hop being colorless have to do with his documentary on the creators of hip-hop culture ADOS/FBA

Jesus Christ

My dude....You didnt quote me talking about the creators of hip hop being FBA...U quoted me talking about why Tariq wasn't on TBC and me bringing up his personal diaspora war being the reason. U quoted me literally saying that he'd get backlash because Hip Hop doesn't do that. My dude..learn to stay on topic if you gonna quote me.

:what:

breh , that’s a whole bunch of word salad

for the record, we only debated 2 issues
1- not being on TBC
2- you saying he’s bringing the diaspora war into hip-hop when hip-hop is colorless

1 … as far as TBC - although we agreed on the reason, he wasn’t invited … i just didn’t understand why you brought up Fat Joe multiple times when he had nothing to do with the topic ; like, you literally even said he was more famous then Tariq (which is laughable because it’s no relevance to the topic) but as I previously wrote, it’s either here or there so I moved on from that

2 …. as far as you saying he’s bringing a diaspora war into hip-hop, which is colorless - Again again, it doesn’t make sense. It’s just as mind blowing as bringing up Fat Joe with the previous topic like, what the hell does that have anything to do with a documentary on who are the real origins of hip-hop?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
:what:

breh , that’s a whole bunch of word salad

for the record, we only debated 2 issues
1- not being on TBC
2- you saying he’s bringing the diaspora war into hip-hop when hip-hop is colorless

1 … as far as TBC - although we agreed on the reason, he wasn’t invited … i just didn’t understand why you brought up Fat Joe multiple times when he had nothing to do with the topic ; like, you literally even said he was more famous then Tariq (which is laughable because it’s no relevance to the topic) but as I previously wrote, it’s either here or there so I moved on from that

2 …. as far as you saying he’s bringing a diaspora war into hip-hop, which is colorless - Again again, it doesn’t make sense. It’s just as mind blowing as bringing up Fat Joe with the previous topic like, what the hell does that have anything to do with a documentary on who are the real origins of hip-hop?

Goodnight my brother.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
im suprised there isnt a thread on this especially since whenever someone ados/fba does something, theres threads full of people saying thats exactly whats wrong with us