Tariq’s movie premiere in NYC. Line down the block FBA turned out to support!! #MicrophoneCheck

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
What Jamaicans were doing had no connection to what went down in the nascent world of early HipHop.

1)

Baam

Herc

^^BOTH said their influences were USAmerican Disco setups/djs

2) no one rocked with Jamaican culture like that in the 1970s

This is why Herc had to cosplay

3) Partying and Djing has always been part of the FBA culture

aI0VhQG.jpeg

4) Coke La Rock an FBA was doing the "Rapping" for Herc.

5) Once again, Jamaican culture wasn't really popping in NY until the 1980s/1990s. This is why Fat Joe said he never heard any Jamaican music in the Bronx before the mid-1980s

and why Dancehall had to get mixed with more pronounced FBA musical qualities to crossover

6) The 2 turntable setup of Disco is the father of the HipHop soundsystem (which would give birth to the turntablist), totally different from the 1 turntable setup of Jamaican culture where they know nothing about real turntable skills

Another hard hitting, fact filled post. Watch the fools scramble outta here now lol
nothing like smelling good ole fashion receipts early in the morning:ahh:

of course @SupaDupaCool is trolling and in true fashion will ignore this and continue koonbuya splaining. We dont love black culture.........but love it enough to produce actual facts:mjlol:
Man that nikka is a true fukking weirdo. Trump is in every long ass windbag post of his. I mean we’re in a thread talking about the origins of hip hop and that nikka in here crying about Trump. I know that nikka lives his life terrified of white people.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
So it's OK to support blatant republican shills as long as they produce a product you like?

I'll keep that in mind next time yall start talking boycotts.
Well thank God this is about supporting a FBA Hip Hop documentary made by a FBA Both Sider who didn’t vote for either white supremacist and isn’t a shill for either white supremacist political party.

You may want to try a Roland Martin thread for shilling of a white supremacist political party.

Look for this in the thread and you’ll know you’re in the right place, friend.
Nx6OMJ.gif

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Well thank God this is about supporting a FBA Hip Hop documentary made by a FBA Both Sider who didn’t vote for either white supremacist and isn’t a shill for either white supremacist political party.

You may want to try a Roland Martin thread for shilling of a white supremacist political party.

Look for this in the thread and you’ll know you’re in the right place, friend.
Nx6OMJ.gif
And not to derail the thread, but this here is why Black people in modern times were never taken seriously in politics. This Stepin Fetchit nikka up on stage dancing when he should've been asking the tough questions.

We have nikkas like him to thank for all that ridiculous dancing and bullshytting whenever white candidates came around to campaign for our vote.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
fukk hot 97 : Ebro in the morning
fukk power 105 : the breakfast club

Like I said in my first comment in this thread, separating ethnicities has never been a thing on NYC Hip Hop radio. Having a docu about who created Hip Hop is one thing but when you have a Youtube page filled with AI caricature thumbnails mocking West Indians and Africans as if thats supposed to be humorous, that is an overall bad look and not a proper representation for Hip Hop. Keep that nonsense in the underground where it belongs. No Hot 97 or Power 105 for you...Let the defunct Alllhiphop.com be your voice. LOL .

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Like I said in my first comment in this thread, separating ethnicities has never been a thing on NYC Hip Hop radio. Having a docu about who created Hip Hop is one thing but when you have a Youtube page filled with AI caricature thumbnails mocking West Indians and Africans as if thats supposed to be humorous, that is an overall bad look and not a proper representation for Hip Hop. Keep that nonsense in the underground where it belongs. No Hot 97 or Power 105 for you...Let the defunct Alllhiphop.com be your voice. LOL .
And there it is.

Sensitive as hell. He mocks everyone with those AI images. Hell he just had a white man with lice in his eye (funny as hell).

That’s shouldn’t take away from what he is speaking on with the movie. If they think his stance on the other stuff is wrong here is the chance to prove him wrong to their audience.

If Hot97 can prove Latinos were there then do it on the show debunk it.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
And there it is.

Sensitive as hell. He mocks everyone with those AI images. Hell he just had a white man with lice in his eye (funny as hell).

That’s shouldn’t take away from what he is speaking on with the movie. If they think his stance on the other stuff is wrong here is the chance to prove him wrong to there audience.

Yeah, well tell that to Hot 97 and Power 105 who aint booking him. LOL Promote a man who when the audience checks his Youtube page they see West Indians and Africans being mocked in AI caricatures and go "but but but but but that has nothing to do with the movie. Ya'll sensitive as hell."

:heh:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Yeah, well tell that to Hot 97 and Power 105 who aint booking him. LOL Promote a man who when the audience checks his Youtube page they see West Indians and Africans being mocked in AI caricatures and go "but but but but but that has nothing to do with the movie. Ya'll sensitive as hell."

:heh:
Dude they had Nikki Haley on there. Those folk looking will be alright.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

again, apples and oranges

But you have the right to believe in whatever you wanna believe … so do u

Because at the end of the day, I don’t think it has anything to do with Tariq going back-and-forth with his AI characters, thumbnail of Africans and Caribbean on his YouTube channel … I truly believe if Jason Black, who is down with the FBA movement as much as Tariq - who doesn’t have those thumbnails , had made this documentary I don’t think they would have him on hot 97 and power 105 … because the bigger picture is they would like to keep the narrative of Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans as co-creators of hip-hop : rather then telling the absolute truth

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
again, apples and oranges

But you have the right to believe in whatever you wanna believe … so do u

Because at the end of the day, I don’t think it has anything to do with Tariq going back-and-forth with his AI characters, thumbnail of Africans and Caribbean on his YouTube channel … I truly believe if Jason Black, who is down with the FBA movement as much as Tariq - who doesn’t have those thumbnails , had made this documentary I don’t think they would have him on hot 97 and power 105 … because the bigger picture is they would like to keep the narrative of Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans as co-creators of hip-hop : rather then telling the absolute truth

All you did was go: "My theory on why Hot 97 and Power 105 didn't book Tariq to promote his movie is better then your theory. Even tho we are both spitting theories"

And with that, I'll repeat your words and say: But you have the right to believe in whatever you wanna believe … so do u