Tariq's latest podcast: Do Interracial Relationships Confuse Black People?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Yes. They are far far Blacker..hate to say it but its true. How you going to try compare the genuine article to a half ass??
Fact: A dude from Uganda is Blacker than Tiger Woods etc could ever be.
:russ: Thanks for your honesty but why did you leap to a Tiger Woods for your example? According to your logic a person who is 100% African blood would be more black than 90 or so percent of the descendants of slaves outside of Africa which includes all of the "blacks" who post here. I asked if you're pure African because I want these idiots to see who they're cosigning. When Africans come over here not wanting to be associated with AAs because they consider us "tainted/diluted" and not really black(which is the same bullshyt they're trying to run) they won't take offense.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
It's not a matter of them choosing. The rest of the world will force them to one side.

True but my point being that it doesn't matter what they are forced into if they don't rep black folks and fight for the cause what is the point of clamoring to include them?

edit: I want to add that in many cases if you're forced into something it can make a person resent it even more.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Good show. I agree with his premise that blacks need to understand why they're dating interracially as doing it for protection and/or refuge from racism/white supremacy will not work. Also, being in the power position, whites can use IR to their advantage if needed.

Like I said in another thread, I think Tariq is trying to balance as best he can.

1. He's with a bi-racial chick, so he cannot condemn IR altogether. Even if he calls her black, he still has to acknowledge that undeniable element.

2. He know his audience. Even if he's for black empowerment and the black family, he knows that he has plenty of black male listeners who want to date IR but don't want to feel like a c00n for it. So, he does not decry IR dating "as long as its done with genuine feelings." Giving that sector of his audience an out.

I think he did a good job overall. I look forward to an expanded conversation on the subject in HC4.

Peace

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

I've started to listen to some of his shows and what I notice is he tends stick to main point and then when contradictions arise he tries to shoehorn things in that fit his main idea instead of maybe realizing that there maybe some more grey to this issue than originally thought.

In this video there seems to be a disconnect between what each one is driving at instead of one or the other being wrong. She appears to be more focused on the literal interpretation of what someone is while he more focused on what their racial makeup means in the context of western society. A biracial person in the most literal sense is a biracial person and that is objective fact. However tariq has a point that in the context of white supremacy that person will more than likely be classified as black.

However that begs the question, isn't the habit of buying into that type of thinking a form of letting white supremacy dictate your choices? I can't say I'm biracial because our society dictates that If I have one drop of black blood im 100 percent black? We know why that thinking exists in the first place and it is because it was viewed as a form of pollution to have black in your family and so you're tainted genetically by having black blood. In that context why would I want to let white supremacy dictate how I classify myself? It makes it seem like they won.

However I know tariq is more focused on number building and cohesiveness with his argument and I would be more willing to claim someone who is half white but understands the struggle before claiming Larry elder.

So my opinion is that there needs to be less focus on classification and more on shared ideology. If someone says they're biracial or black it should be a fart in the wind while their thinking should be front and center. It doesn't fukking matter.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:russ: Thanks for your honesty but why did you leap to a Tiger Woods for your example? According to your logic a person who is 100% African blood would be more black than 90 or so percent of the descendants of slaves outside of Africa which includes all of the "blacks" who post here. I asked if you're pure African because I want these idiots to see who they're cosigning. When Africans come over here not wanting to be associated with AAs because they consider us "tainted/diluted" and not really black(which is the same bullshyt they're trying to run) they won't take offense.

Why cant I use Tiger as an example..weren't people were saying he's Black, that his Pop's Black..but his mother Asian and Tiger denied ever being Black.

Yes, an African who is 100% Black is technically more Black than someone who is only 90% Black. Why is that so hard to understand, did you fail arithmetic? Africans do recognize African Americans as their brothers and sisters, but not if you look like Drake and Alicia and then try claim your'e Black too. That's disrespectful and playing Africans for fukking idiots and fools who dont know themselves. Africans come to the US expecting to associate with their African American brothers and sisters, but get dissed for having different principles, culture and goals in life and called African booty scratchers etc.

look, your problem it seems is you want all mixed people no matter the ratio of blood to be seen as equally Black and the same as those with no mix, and thats never going to happen. Africans arent stupid, they know exactly who's Black and who isnt. They'll see most African Americans as equally Black even if they are only 80% African, but if you look too white they will not. They'll call you 'colored' or 'white' or whatever term they use for mixed people. heavily xixed people have their own category in Africa, they arent seen as Blacks.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Why cant I use Tiger as an example..weren't people were saying he's Black, that his Pop's Black..but his mother Asian and Tiger denied ever being Black.

Yes, an African who is 100% Black is technically more Black than someone who is only 90% Black. Why is that so hard to understand, did you fail arithmetic? Africans do recognize African Americans as their brothers and sisters, but not if you look like Drake and Alicia and then try claim your'e Black too. That's disrespectful and playing Africans for fukking idiots and fools who dont know themselves. Africans come to the US expecting to associate with their African American brothers and sisters, but get dissed for having different principles, culture and goals in life and called African booty scratchers etc.

look, your problem it seems is you want all mixed people no matter the ratio of blood to be seen as equally Black and the same as those with no mix, and thats never going to happen. Africans arent stupid, they know exactly who's Black and who isnt. They'll see most African Americans as equally Black even if they are only 80% African, but if you look too white they will not. They'll call you 'colored' or 'white' or whatever term they use for mixed people. heavily xixed people have their own category in Africa, they arent seen as Blacks.
This post is for like 15 posters....

What if you look like Alicia but have four black grandparents??
Do you understand how things like that are idiotic?
You can't always initially guess that a person is mixed or biracial.

Most mixed black who identify as black... live normal black lives, as blacks... so any sample u can use like tiger woods is grasping at ignorant straws and is a way to form a dishonest argument based in exceptional bullshyt.

And to the other poster: tariq is intelligent enough to not get caught up with fools. When you play the fools game you end up looking like a fool. Lookk at what happened with him and Ya Boy Tommy... he was right but was Wrong!
Tariq is looking at it from a action not JUST talk, and a community building stand point.

Anyone who is disagreeing are either projecting insecure shyt. Or are being divisive... we should be discussing building and connecting not about what black bruh is supposedly not black.

And to the other posters:
Black unifying isn't inspired by white supremacy one drop rules. We aren't even advocating one drop. And if someone is 110% black but doesn't want to be a part and wants to be a c00n then .... peace to them. But if a black person identifies and shared an experience and struggle with us then... we're gonna build with them regardless is these lames don't like it.

And to the confused females on this board: quit making shyt up about whose "representing" the black community , saying only multiracials are pushed. When I think of the mainstream.... I see Oprah, Steve Harvey, if u see celebrity apprentice and other cac shows... you see Naomi Campbell, kenya Moore etc... white supremacy even disrespected all the hard working AA sisters and claimed lupita as the most beautiful on Earth, lol. And then for ever drake theres a nikki manaj and Wayne.
Anyway get your mind right if you're allowing white people to define your people anyway.... we have opportunities RIGHT NOW to have our OWN media.... stupid bytches keep saying stupid shyt.... but please get your mind right.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Don't you guys get tired of talking about race? There are more constructive topics to be discussed and figured out. It's time to get over it...