Tariq Nasheed Tries To Justify 16 Year Old innocent Black Kid getting shot in the head ..

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Not even surprised at Tariq because this is part of his brand.

It's actually unfortunate to see black men and women completely align with his talking points.

When George Floyd got killed, literally black people from across the globe marched in unison to support the black lives matter movement.

The complete psy-ops he has peformed on a small section of AfrAms may need to be studied at some point.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Why do you guys keep saying this when you don't speak any of our languages?
Am I wrong tho? There is no objective definition of blackness in any part of Africa. Even to this day, it's tribe over race. No self awareness

"The first time I pondered this thought, I was living in Zanzibar, Tanzania. The name Zanzibar is said to translate to “land of the Blacks” in Arabic. But no Zenji (or Zanzibar native) I’ve met thinks of themselves as Black. If they lived in the U.S., they would likely be labeled as Black, but generally speaking, the Zenjis I’ve interacted with claim Swahili as an identifier."

"Having lived in East Africa for two years, I have come to realize that many Africans define themselves by their tribe, clan, nationality, and religion. They have such pride rooted in their names which help to validate who they are and where they belong. Realizing this, I have struggled to think about how I want to define myself. While living in Uganda, I was often asked, “What tribe are you?” and it doesn’t feel right to say “Black.” I typically respond, “I’m Black American or African American.” If I say that I’m American, they usually fill in the blanks for me. “So, does that mean you are nikka?” or “You are negro!”

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I don’t see him trying to justify it. I see him trying to exploit the situation to further his agenda. Which is actually worse
this
This is Tariq's greatest weakness, he does not understand timing and tact. Which is why he can never be thought of as a serious "Leader of the Black Community."

Even if you right, this is something you revisit years later after the child is fully recovered and then you can broach the subject as a "lesson learned." This kid is still in the hospital is he not? This was done in very poor taste. Classless even.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The comments under his post is bad. I never thought I'd see that from my people, especially in circumstances like this. We can discuss and debate our differences but to wash your hands because the kid is not FBA or a family member is with a white man has really shown how poisonous we have allowed ourselves to become toward one another.

That kid didn't get shot in the head because he was Liberian-American, he got shot because he was Black.

correct

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I agree with much of your post, except "The truth is ADOS have ALWAYS disliked the black diaspora"

I would consider myself an ADOS, but have always had an affinity for my African brothers and sisters. Most ADOS just want reparations based on what our ancestors went through at the hands of the US govt by way of the slave trade.

Some folks have just used it to grift via division and hatred. Us wanting what is due is no slight to non-ADOS black folk.
I think he means the people who are part of the online ADOS movement, the founders and those who openly call themselves fba/ados.
Which he's right.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Am I wrong tho? There is no objective definition of blackness in any part of Africa. Even to this day, it's tribe over race. No self awareness
There definitely is. Look up the black consciousness movement in SA. Most pro-black movements are in resistance to white supremacist states. That's why people in SA are aware of their blackness, because they've gone through 'apartheid' which even lasted longer than the Jim Crow era. Other Africans ultimately realize the same when they leave the continent.

Also, there was definitely a strong pan-African movement that took hold of the continent towards the end of the colonial era. Most of those leaders who pushed for a collective black identity to foster self-determinism and growth ended up being killed. Same with the black panthers and guess what? They use other black people to do the dirty work from the inside.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I rock with Tariq. No need for that in this instance. CAC didn’t know breh wasn’t FBA he just saw black.

This ain’t a case like the Nigerian who got stabbed by his CAC GF this is unnecessary. A child can’t stop his elders from being bed wenches.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its relevant because we have seen black americans rally support for a harmed black immigrant only for them and their family to turn around and tell us to calm down and forgive while they accept money to say they forgive the racists for harming them.

It is time for Liberian immigrants in america to stand up against racism in this case before calling on us to fight for justice on their behalf. the track record shows black immigrants betraying our support and protests. folding to money cashing in on their harmed loved one rather than continually fighting for justice against racism here.

The purpose of this thread is to pretend Tariq is coming out of left field before anyone takes a good look at what he actually said. Weak attempts at villainizing wont work but its been tried since before 2016. the lazy tactics on thekooni.com remain the same.

p*ssy nikka, shut the fukk up. No one asked your broke bum ass for a dime or your support.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The comments under his post is bad. I never thought I'd see that from my people, especially in circumstances like this. We can discuss and debate our differences but to wash your hands because the kid is not FBA or a family member is with a white man has really shown how poisonous we have allowed ourselves to become toward one another.

That kid didn't get shot in the head because he was Liberian-American, he got shot because he was Black.

2 black kids in TN legislature got booted on an openly racist move from those other reps. Heard the same guys made a joke about "fried chicken recipes" and other hateful things those kids went through. I have heard more vitriol for them than the racists who booted them. Now this...............

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Still fukked up due to the timing
But Tariq would have been less controversial if he used the opportunity to highlight how white supremacy views ALL black people. So many Africans be on some bootstrap , “we have better family units”, “we have more degrees and highest immigrant income” shyt as if that matters to white people

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I don’t see him trying to justify it. I see him trying to exploit the situation to further his agenda. Which is actually worse

His a cult leader, I expect nothing less.

Who I really feel sorry for are his followers, they really believe this guy will bring change and add value to their lives. Whatever he says is gospel, and in the end, it will backfire on him.