Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
so you're going to judge him in one movie out of a trilogy? .....
How else are we suppose to judge him? I figured out that I like Kylo Ren in the same 2 hrs.

Finn was an coward overall
People do talk about the movie when leaving the theatre

Yeah, but I don't think a 2 minute walk to the parking lot is enough time to get everyone's personal in-depth character analyses :skip:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Not really homie.
- The 'ruse' wasn't really a ruse at all, they just didn't say anything. Nobody knew much of anything about him or Rey and it allowed the movie to surprise at times.
- They weren't trying to trick black people into seeing the movie and black people aren't dumb/impressionable enough to be on some 'I don't like Star Wars but they slapped a black man on the cover so I'm there' nonsense. :camby:
- Fin wasn't the 'hero' but he was most definitely the co-protagonist. Name a major event in the movie that didn't happen because of Fin. His choices put everything in motion. And calling the character 'weak' is just 'I don't know anything' stupid. He was essentially supposed to be a brainwashed soldier who chose to think on his own (unlike the other million storm troopers in the series) which shows mental toughness. He then chooses to risk his life to escape and free an 'enemy', tries to save the 2nd real person he's ever known and risks his life multiple times to do so, figures out how to drop the shield, and did more damage to a Sith as a non Jedi than we've seen anyone do in the series. He's the only non jedi to get a lick in on a Sith they've ever shown. Not to mention he got multiple kills in the gunner seat. :rudy: to your whole post
Hey, your view. Not gonna knock that but...

To the conscious black viewer, it was never a shock they were ever going to let him eat to the magnitude of being an Alpha. I was cynical about the part he would play months before this came out.

He got thrown a bone perhaps to satiate a few fans rooting for him to shine but it doesn't lessen the fact that the breh was weaker than everyone else involved.

Yet, Rey was damn near flawless throughout.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Yes

finn didn't have a real name, just a number like "fn 46858585" or some shyt. When he meets the dude he tells him his name and dude is like ":dahell: I'm gonna call you fin" and the black character says how he really likes it and that's that.
so you're going to judge him in one movie out of a trilogy? .....
:snoop:black folks cosigning this, no wonder those cacs stop talking shyt about the black dude

homie better be the dude in the next films

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
0112_boyega_sp.ashx

Said he looked like a scared runaway slave :dead:

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
Tariq's arguments were pretty solid I peeped the white nerds chilled out after seeing the movie instead of raising hell.. I wondered why. Then I saw Boyega's character flinching at everything, terrified of everything, getting beat up by every Thing, And getting curved im like oh ok.

12 Years a space slave indeed. he was the storm trooper garbage man and he ate out of a trough with the animals in a scene in the movie.

:mindblown: can't believe ppl caping for it.

doing mental gymnastics about how its Gon Get Bettuh :camby:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
some of the folks on this site are militant to a fault. I saw the movie on the Southside of ATL and nobody had an issue with Finn's character

I`m not going to get into all the slave talk but the issue at Hand for me at least is the bait and switch marketing. They didnt have to market Boyega as being the next face of the franchise like they did, at the end of the day people were still going to see it. They had this kid defending himself on some "Get over it I`m the new HNIC" and low and behold he was just a 6th man on the Good guys team. No need to flex, not like having him all in the videos like he is diddy was going to make black folks go see this flick, the people who were going to see this were going to see it no matter what.