blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Did a white man really name this n!gga?
:kattpimp:
Yes

finn didn't have a real name, just a number like "fn 46858585" or some shyt. When he meets the dude he tells him his name and dude is like ":dahell: I'm gonna call you fin" and the black character says how he really likes it and that's that.

Last edited:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
some of the folks on this site are militant to a fault. I saw the movie on the Southside of ATL and nobody had an issue with Finn's character

Did y'all sit around and have a roundtable to discuss your opinions and critiques of the film in a dark movie theater :martin:

Last edited:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
wait, so bruh is not a jedi? God damn
No. He's not a Jedi. That's the lowkey ruse the studio was trying to sell in the trailers and pique the interests of potential ticket buyers from our demographic.

Finn took Ls throughout this movie. Not going to ruin it for you but I will say that Boyega's character was a letdown in the badassery department.:francis:

Tariq's review was spot on.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
It's weird. They see fictional media always in terms of sex, submission and domination. Anything short of bending that white woman over and raw dogging her in the film while punching the white boy meant he wasn't a real nikka.

It's all projection. Let's forget about how comedians like Gary Owens and Tom Arnold play the asexual bumbling white fool in every black film though :sas2:

Really dominant and successful men in real life, don't worry this much about perception of fictional characters. Real life > fiction

13.jpg

:grootbanderas:

I am Groot...

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
No. He's not a Jedi. That's the lowkey ruse the studio was trying to sell in the trailers and pique the interests of potential ticket buyers from our demographic.

Finn took Ls throughout this movie. Not going to ruin it for you but I will say that Boyega's character was a letdown in the badassery department.:francis:

Tariq's review was spot on.
Not really homie.
- The 'ruse' wasn't really a ruse at all, they just didn't say anything. Nobody knew much of anything about him or Rey and it allowed the movie to surprise at times.
- They weren't trying to trick black people into seeing the movie and black people aren't dumb/impressionable enough to be on some 'I don't like Star Wars but they slapped a black man on the cover so I'm there' nonsense. :camby:
- Fin wasn't the 'hero' but he was most definitely the co-protagonist. Name a major event in the movie that didn't happen because of Fin. His choices put everything in motion. And calling the character 'weak' is just 'I don't know anything' stupid. He was essentially supposed to be a brainwashed soldier who chose to think on his own (unlike the other million storm troopers in the series) which shows mental toughness. He then chooses to risk his life to escape and free an 'enemy', tries to save the 2nd real person he's ever known and risks his life multiple times to do so, figures out how to drop the shield, and did more damage to a Sith as a non Jedi than we've seen anyone do in the series. He's the only non jedi to get a lick in on a Sith they've ever shown. Not to mention he got multiple kills in the gunner seat. :rudy: to your whole post

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A testament to how well the movie was written if you ask me.

Either you see fin as traitorous c00n or a hero.

Either way he took mad L's lol.

I'm more concerned that the galaxy is still filled with lots of white men and black men are pretty much extinct. I think fin, and a the jazz player at the bar was the only two black people in the movie... yet again

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not really homie.
- The 'ruse' wasn't really a ruse at all, they just didn't say anything. Nobody knew much of anything about him or Rey and it allowed the movie to surprise at times.
- They weren't trying to trick black people into seeing the movie and black people aren't dumb/impressionable enough to be on some 'I don't like Star Wars but they slapped a black man on the cover so I'm there' nonsense. :camby:
- Fin wasn't the 'hero' but he was most definitely the co-protagonist. Name a major event in the movie that didn't happen because of Fin. His choices put everything in motion. And calling the character 'weak' is just 'I don't know anything' stupid. He was essentially supposed to be a brainwashed soldier who chose to think on his own (unlike the other million storm troopers in the series) which shows mental toughness. He then chooses to risk his life to escape and free an 'enemy', tries to save the 2nd real person he's ever known and risks his life multiple times to do so, figures out how to drop the shield, and did more damage to a Sith as a non Jedi than we've seen anyone do in the series. He's the only non jedi to get a lick in on a Sith they've ever shown. Not to mention he got multiple kills in the gunner seat. :rudy: to your whole post

I was going to post the samething