Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Wait, he ends the movie being unconscious and losing a fight? There really isn't any promise he'll be back. For ever detail about what happens to his character in the film I read, it keeps getting worse and worse...

:snoop:
He'll definitely be back, he's signed on for all 3 movies.

But yeah...it was SO AWKWARD seeing him in a coma at the end of the movie. It SCREAMED "We don't know what/don't want to do anything with this character".

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I'm not going to jump to conclusions until I actually see the movie in its entirety , but Tariq a comedian , top-tier trolling displayed here :dead:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, he ends the movie being unconscious and losing a fight? There really isn't any promise he'll be back. For ever detail about what happens to his character in the film I read, it keeps getting worse and worse...

:francis: Han Solo ends Empire Strikes Back like this
empire-strikes-back-han-solo-carbonine.jpg

and was taken away by the enemy along. But was back to normal in Return of the Jedi.

Finn is still alive but in a coma, and is in the hands of the Resistance.

They aren't going to character build him in the new canon books, and in this movie just to do away from him for the sequels. :martin:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He'll definitely be back, he's signed on for all 3 movies.

But yeah...it was SO AWKWARD seeing him in a coma at the end of the movie. It SCREAMED "We don't know what/don't want to do anything with this character".

That's another thing...call me nit picky but damn, a coma?

For the sake of Finn fans, I hope he comes back strong.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Maybe if the marketing hadn't CLEARLY been a ridiculous Bait and Switch then people wouldn't have been misled.

Make no mistake, this isn't a case of black people seeing that Boyega had been cast and just hoping he'd be Force Sensitive. It was shyt like THIS

That had people thinking he'd be the main hero and a Jedi. Keep in mind. He's the FIRST human character in the cinematic continuity to wield a Lightsaber in combat and NOT turn out to be Force Sensitive. THATS how far they went to market him as a hero, only to switch it and have the white girl be the hero.

It was pure mis-marketing and it was bullshyt.

People keep saying if "Finn were White you wouldn't have a problem". That's a cop-out, the fact of the matter is he's NOT white, and again, if the marketing of the movie hadn't been built around Finn as an important character with the Force, then you might have an argument. But not only did he turn out to not have the Force, he was a cowardly, bumbling, comedic side kick, with no goal beyond "save Rey", which he didn't accomplish. Every single thing he set out to do in the film he failed at. He failed in fighting the storm trooper (Han saved him) he failed to save Rey (Rey saved herself, within 30 minutes of first using the force) he failed in fighting Kylo Ren and wound up in a coma (Rey kicked Kylo's ass, again within 24 hours of first using the force)

Han was a selfish jerk in ANH? Fantastic, he STILL got his moment of heroism in the film when he came back to help Luke.

Luke was a Whiny farm boy? Great, he STILL destroyed the Death Star.

Leia was a spoiled Brat? Yep, she STILL was the one who ended up saving both Luke and Han on Vadar's stronghold when they were outgunned and overmatched.

The fact of the matter is that Finn is the ONE "main" character out of SIX movies to accomplish absolutely nothing by the climax. If it weren't for Boyega's performance the character literally would've been worthless.

He couldn't pilot
He couldn't fight
He couldn't save the white girl
He got his ass kicked by Rey
He got his ass kicked by Chewie
He got his ass kicked by the random Alien
He got his ass kicked by A Storm Trooper
He got his ass kicked by Kylo Ren

Where's the redemption in all of this? Where's the supposed "Destiny" that has been awakened when the final shot of his character he isn't even fukking CONSCIOUS!!?!!

Because if his "destiny" was to carry the lightsaber until the white girl awoke to her destiny then you can miss me with that shyt. Hell they should've went ahead and just cast a white actor and kept it moving
:ohhh:

So he's basically a Space version of Bulk N Skull....

Star Butlers.....

:martin:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Was he the main male lead? There were all sorts of creatures as Jedi Knights
He was a Jedi Knight, obviously black, dark skinned, and a well known actor. We all saw him there. He's probably one of the most memorable characters from the film. I don't see how anyone can take away from any of that simply because he wasn't "the lead."

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Do you not really reviews of products online before purchasing? This is no difference. I don't need to view a movie if I decide it has content I don't want to see based off what is advertised and reviews.

Well, I saw it without any preconceived view. I didn't look into any reviews or anything, it's Star Wars. :manny:

I understand a regular review of a movie's strengths/weaknesses but Tariq's narrative is all about breaking a brother down in a light that simply is not true.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, I saw it without any preconceived view. I didn't look into any reviews or anything, it's Star Wars. :manny:

I understand a regular review of a movie's strengths/weaknesses but Tariq's narrative is all about breaking a brother down in a light that simply is not true.
Not everyone views star wars as a must see you acting like I should blindly follow because white nerds love it. When I honestly have no attachment to the series and I am also aware of Jar Jar in the past movies being a black face CGI character.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

If his only goal he had was to save that teenaged White girl, who ended up being a better fighter than him and a Jedi, than that's some BS.

:martin:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
He was a Jedi Knight, obviously black, dark skinned, and a well known actor. We all saw him there. He's probably one of the most memorable characters from the film. I don't see how anyone can take away from any of that simply because he wasn't "the lead."

Was Sam L the lead or a supporting actor, Cave Man?