Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Tariq using this to get views and its working. Tariq also said he fukks with Tyler Perry movies..............

The sanitation line was an inside nerd joke originated in the Kevin Smith movie Clerks, then put in cartoon form on Robot Chicken. IF he was only a janitor what was he doing in battle, why was he part of an elite squadron, why did Capt.Phasma know him by name and face, why did Phasma say he had elite markmanship and high scores?

Oh no he was a space slave.

Vader started out as an actual true to life SLAVE. Tariq mention that? Rey was a gotdamn dirty ass scavenger orphan scraping for food scraps.

Dont act like anyone the stories revolve around has a great beginning.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Tariq using this to get views and its working. Tariq also said he fukks with Tyler Perry movies..............

The sanitation line was an inside nerd joke originated in the Kevin Smith movie Clerks, then put in cartoon form on Robot Chicken. IF he was only a janitor what was he doing in battle, why was he part of an elite squadron, why did Capt.Phasma know him by name and face, why did Phasma say he had elite markmanship and high scores?

Oh no he was a space slave.

Vader started out as an actual true to life SLAVE. Tariq mention that? Rey was a gotdamn dirty ass scavenger orphan scraping for food scraps.

Dont act like anyone the stories revolve around has a great beginning.

For your sake. One and done this thread, as I've been talking to these militants for too long and has made me feel stupid even replying!

There are guys arguing who haven't even watched the film!

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
This Tariq thread doing numbers. ALOT of people getting in thei feelings but his commentary was fukkin on point

Word even for people who are not big star wars fans they know this movie is a big deal event. With everything going on right now black men being depicted like this on a global scale is not a good look whether its fantasy or not. Any black dude trying to use extensive details of star wars history or speculating on star war's future to excuse Finn's character looks pitiful but thats just my opinion.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you say that we know Finn is even alive and that hell will be in the next film.

Did you have to question this for any CAC in or films in the series.

You can't compare Luke or Anakin first movie appearance to Finn because they both ended film with redemption and a promise of something better. We don't know that about Finn.
I was speaking on Anakin sleeping with Padme

But Finn is alive they mention he still has a heartbeat. Finn showed that had potential when he was backing up and holding his own against Ren in their fight and even stabbed him without having to tap into the Force unlike Rey who was being overwhelmed until she Kaioken x2.

Finn's ending here is equivalent to Han's ending in Empire Strikes Back.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Can we all at least admit the marketing was on some bullshyt?

If the marketing was more honest, half of the folks complaining wouldn't trip about it. Disney had Finn promoted as the lead and the dude doing cool shyt with the light saber and all that, and clearly that wasn't the case.

It's no wonder a lot of people later on felt let down. It was a straight up bait and switch, regardless of whether or not you like the character.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Obamified...powerless impotent incompetent castrated isolated . named by a cac, chasing a white woman, told to stop holding her hand,

:wow: the Scooby/Shaggy parallels

:snoop: @ the #poefinn hashtag activities. Those of you who doubt the lengths of a white supremist are just unexposed to industrial "city cacs" from a young age. They do don't shyt by happenstance or pure "nikka luck" :snoop:

A lot of this Finn/Poe shyt seems to stem from insecurity over the fact that, even though Finn *IS* a fukking useless jobber throughout most of this movie, they *DO* set-up a future romantic involvement with Rey. So a ton are latching onto a gay couple, over a bm/wf couple....:russ:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I was speaking on Anakin sleeping with Padme

But Finn is alive they mention he still has a heartbeat. Finn showed that had potential when he was backing up and holding his own against Ren in their fight and even stabbed him without having to tap into the Force unlike Rey who was being overwhelmed until she Kaioken x2.

Finn's ending here is equivalent to Han's ending in Empire Strikes Back.
Wait, he ends the movie being unconscious and losing a fight? There really isn't any promise he'll be back. For ever detail about what happens to his character in the film I read, it keeps getting worse and worse...

:snoop: