Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Finn put in some work in that movie. And saved the day he came up with the plan to destroy the death star. Tariq is wrong.

Dude got the saber and killed some troopers too. Not to mention he freed Poe and helped him escape. Dude was the clear hero of the movie.

Yeah Tariq needs to watch again.
Now, I'll just reserve all criticisms I may have and just check out the movie.

Daps
:rudy:

A Black guy criticizing a movie because of its portrayal of Black characters is, "having a slave mindset"? Where do we hear this type of rhetoric often? :patrice:

I don't see any criticism on the movie, only bytching about white people as usual. I don't know how some of you claim to want total economic freedom but still want white people money and opportunities. John Boyega got the leading role on a billions dollars movie, but it seems you can never be satisfied. I don't see any problem with the movie, Tariq Nasheed is a typical fake black activist who don't want any other black men than himself to achieve success, you need to wake up and see his pimp game.

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
I don't see any criticism on the movie, only bytching about white people as usual. I don't know how some of you claim to want total economic freedom but still want white people money and opportunities. John Boyega got the leading role on a billions dollars movie, but it seems you can never be satisfied. I don't see any problem with the movie, Tariq Nasheed is a typical fake black activist who don't want any other black men than himself to achieve success, you need to wake up and see his pimp game.

:camby:

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's no movie without him though and it's been stated that the character wasn't written with race in mind, Boyega was just the best actor that auditioned for it.

Without spoiling it fully, he's essential to the whole story from the beginning.

Plus look how happy dude is in this video

king shyt..:wow:

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
So dude had no discernable skills or abilities yet still made the whole thing happening by saving Rey (she wouldn't have gotten off Jakku without him), saving Poe, getting the shields down (which led to the base's destruction), fighting Kylo Ren when Rey was knocked out, and actually hurting him with no skill, only heart. You say the 'if he was white' argument has no weight but the ONLY reason you have beef with the character is BECAUSE he's black. The character himself is by nature unskilled, inexperienced and generally completely unprepared for everything he's dealing with. He said that mission was his very first so give me a good reason why he should've been winning all these fights? As I've mentioned multiple times the 'accomplished nothing' thing is a narrative you're pushing that has no weight at all because I keep mentioning the things he accomplished that were all vital to the plot. He had multiple moments of bravery and heroism but you're basically saying 'nah they weren't good enough'. And that's fine. But you're trying to create a narrative that doesn't exist cause you wanted the brotha to be the next Luke

Reason: it took Luke 3 movies to get his shyt together, and Rey is doing mind tricks in the first 30 minutes of being pressed.
:comeon:

I have no choice but to excuse Rey's ascension, because after all this is a FANTASY world, where literally anything can happen.
In this same realm of fiction, the black character is STILL a runaway slave poop trooper that can't do one thing we TRADITIONALLY label as heroic\smart\self sufficient\unique to the plot

the above was in response to @Verbal Kint but this I would like to add in summary:

This movie was a bone thrown to the Feminist agenda, but there was NO WAY IN HELL the woman would dominate at the white man's expense. Not on a stage this large, not in a universe where the mythology is so worshipped and adored.

They put that nikka up there to fit the bill.

EDIT: wouldn't be surprised if he fall in love with Poe in the next movie

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Typical slave mindset, If Tariq Nasheed can create a popular movie like Star Wars and give black actors a opportunity, then he should do it instead of bytching about white people doing this or that. White people aren't obligated to give you shyt, they could have put a white actor and the movie would have been an mega success like they did in the past. Just the fact they give a chance to a black actor that nobody knew before is a good thing. Tariq Nasheed can criticize but he can't give John Boyega the opportunity that hollywood gave him, now he'll probably have many opportunities in the upcoming movies. Black actors have more opportunities than before in Hollywood, now it's up to them to take the lead and become producers, and give other blacks opportunity.
Negged.

P.S.: This is statement so painfully white, it might as well run for a republican office in a cowboy hat and boots.

BTW, 81% of Hollywood movies this year had all white casts and no people of color in leading roles, so really, you sound hella unread and educated as well.

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
Support a movie that has the white female constantly save him, brehs.

If Black males don't see how emasculating that is, then they are lost. A female having to save you constantly as a man doesn't look good at all. And even though this is a movie, people internalize what they see even from fictional movies. Everything you see is a form of propaganda.