Tariq is going hard pushing this #DontVote campaign

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
House and Senate are more or less local elections. Especially the house. They literally represent your district. Different from the presidential elections.

Ok....most of those seats will be up for election and voted on the same time as the presidential election. Thats all Im saying. Unless you plan to just write in a bullshyt candidate for president and vote for everything else? I could see it as a strategy. I just dont see the benefits of non vote over vote in the grand scheme :yeshrug:

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
tariq is a fukking idiot and so is anyone who listens to his dumb ass

You and anyone who disagrees should call into his show. He usually does one on Wednesdays (tonight), but he is one of the few people who speaks on these kind of issues that doesn't mind different opinions.

If he's such an idiot, it shouldn't be hard to break down his argument, right?:sas1:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Whats wrong with us getting reparations though? Are we not as deserving of that as they are immigration and marriage? We have got shytted on the this country a lot worse than those other groups.
Ok, so if that's what we feel we deserve then we need to push for that and make it hot button. Lay out what we want in terms of reparations. How much money do we deserve? Is it feasible to give every black person a $20,000 check? There are 45 million black people in the United States. Who should be eligible for this? That would be 900 billion dollars, a 10,000 check would be 450 billion dollars.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You and anyone who disagrees should call into his show. He usually does one on Wednesdays (tonight), but he is one of the few people who speaks on these kind of issues that doesn't mind different opinions.

If he's such an idiot, it shouldn't be hard to break down his argument, right?:sas1:

You can't debate someone when they have the power to shut you off anytime they want.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
If you read my first post in this you'd realize I already know about the Clintons transgressions and pointed them out as an example of why the president does effect your everyday life.

You'd also realize how retarded you and everyone else sound when they say things like "We shouldn't vote because the outcome doesn't really effect us".

Now you're grasping at straws:sas1:

And I never said that we shouldn't vote because the outcome doesn't effect us"

Please , please find the quote where I supposedly said this :comeon:

Most people in this thread are saying not to vote unless we hold the candidates responsible in making our vote actually count. I think you're missing the point on purpose

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, so if that's what we feel we deserve then we need to push for that and make it hot button. Lay out what we want in terms of reparations. How much money do we deserve? Is it feasible to give every black person a $20,000 check? There are 45 million black people in the United States. Who should be eligible for this? That would be 900 billion dollars, a 10,000 check would be 450 billion dollars.

Someone with some sense.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
You have to be able to articulate and loudly enough why you are not voting. Giving up the vote without trying to get the candidate to adopt your position is lazy and nonconstructive way to go about things.

This is probably way he says vote local, you know your local official move up in politics and you can actually talk to them. If a presidential sees that they don't receive the amount a vote from a certain precinct they will question why the turn out it so low. Now, with this they will send the campaign head to the community to ask the local official why they turn out is lower this year then in previous years. It is up to your local official who I'm hoping you would have a good relationship with to tell the campaign head the voters aren't voting because they want to have this addressed. The campaign head relays the message up the ladder and this in turn gets the issues and agendas addressed if they want your vote. Also, having money to back you helps.

Say if Clyburn in SC loses the Congress race to a republican in his district which is mostly black because the black people didn't vote, you don't think the democrats will hit the grounds to find out why this large number of blacks didn't come out and vote? I know they will, and this is the time you tell them hey I want this and I want that before you get the vote. Cause trust me the locals will come around calling in asking if Clyburn numbers go down.
Right, now they don't care because all they got to do is have a photo opt in a black community and we say oh you got my vote.

Daps
Now you're grasping at straws:sas1:

And I never said that we shouldn't vote because the outcome doesn't effect us"

Please , please find the quote where I supposedly said this :comeon:

Most people in this thread are saying not to vote unless we hold the candidates responsible in making our vote actually count. I think you're missing the point on purpose

And I don't think you've actually read this thread or the responses. You may not have said that but plenty others have. Go back to first page, actually read the thread and get back to me.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Too many people died for you to have the freedom to choose whether or not to vote.

I haven't gone through this entire thread yet, but I fail to see how this is a solid position to take? That being not voting en masse. I understand the cynical frustration of it all, but not voting at all en masse doesn't come off like something that's going to radically affect the system to necessitate change. If anything I'd think it would increase the chances for someone like a Trump or Cruz to get into office. That's not to say Hillary or Bernie are better choices either and I often wonder what might happen if Black people voted Republican in larger numbers. The only thing that bugs me about that thought is, what happens if Black people do that and a Dem/or Dems still prevail? Despite their win (which would likely be narrow), would they view the dwindling support from Black people as a message to take seriously? Or would they pretend even less that they care about Black concerns?

Situations like this is what makes me believe Black people need better pundits and leaders. Some of the success that Tea Party candidates have enjoyed was due to the cultivating of support by pundits and other conservative personalities. They've been laying the groundwork for years, cultivating the mood and climate with talking points, and watering the soil. Occasionally they even got rain such as Obama's presidency. Black people don't seem to take well towards individuals within the community stepping up to take on ambassador roles for whatever reasons. And then here comes Tariq looking to do his part by suggesting Black people boycott voting. Sh!t like this makes me take a deep sigh.

Are you trying to miss the point on purpose? :what:

The point is don't vote "unless"

Why is that so hard to understand:what:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell

tell em

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro

Okay, we can and will get to that. Right, now we can't even mention reparations with someone telling us that reparations for black people are divisive. Why can they freely say it's divisive you may ask because they already gout THE BLACK VOTE. Why would I give a bytch some money for some ass when I been fukking her for free for years. It doesn't make sense.