Tariq is going hard pushing this #DontVote campaign

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
So let's say we all vote for Bernie sanders. Then what?
I don't know what he is going to do in the Office. I don't know if he is trolling right now using angry white people to vote him in. Regardless I have no doubt his is racist and I feel like he will treat America like a corporation slashing and cutting where he sees fit which will probably be lower income and the middle class. What if the other 2 older SCJ dies or steps down? And he gets to appoint the replacements?

While we are talking about not voting, I know who definitely will vote racist white people. Last time people didn’t vote because they didn’t like the Dem candidate we had Bush for more years. Anytime you vote it’s for the lesser of 2 evils. Sometime you are voting to vote against someone verse for.

They don't get it, a lot of times people vote to keep others out of office. Like in 2012, whites voted for Romney to get Obama out of office, not because they believed in Romney. But they actually believe not voting, and giving white racists a larger share in the election will help them :comeon:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
WE need to form our agenda. I mean what is it??? We need to wait on the white man to give it to us?? Gays had marriage and they fought for it. Latinos had illegal immigration and they fought for it. Blacks have??? What is it we are asking? The feds are not going to give all black people jobs and nor can they.

Until, a presidential candidate starts supporting agendas to give blacks resources, I ain't fukking with them.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
I tried to say this around some older black folks and got the whole " people marched and died so you can vote" thing

Bro, when you hear people saying stuff like that, just realize you're dealing with some brain dead people who've thrown in the towel. They just decided to spew old, meaningless diatribes like "my great grandaddy died to cast a vote in the election of 1932." Ok, and? Black people died doing alot of things, thanks to living in a system of white supremacy.

Black people who are intelligent and actually care about the condition of their community need to ask a simple question:

"How has voting helped the black community gain and retain tangible resources in the pursuit of autonomy since we gained the vote?"

If voting has not helped in that pursuit, which it has not, then it needs to evaluated, dissected and thrown away if needed.

ANY and EVERYTHING that does not serve your community needs to either be thrown away or remade to fit your community's needs.

Peace

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is not voting "giving them what they want"? Blacks voted in record numbers the last two presidential elections. How has this voting helped black people in terms of wealth, political action, education and protection under the law during the past 8 years?

If not voting would deter us, which you insinuated, then you must have proof of the opposite. That voting has shown proven, tangible results that blacks benefit from right now in 2016.

Voting for the sake of voting is senseless. Unless blacks have a political agenda and a proper economy to enforce that agenda, voting is masturbatory.

Peace

People don't spend billions to win elections because it doesn't matter. The Republican party wouldn't be going so hard to limit the black vote if it didn't matter.
There was a time when black people couldn't vote, it's called the Jim Crow era. We saw how well that worked didn't we? People did not vote in Ferguson and they ended up with a mostly white political apparatus in a majority black city that punished the black residents of that city.

George Bush cheated in a close race in 2000 and handily beat Kerry in 2004. His presidency was a disaster. He pushed this country in to unsustainable war that cost trillions of dollars and thousands of lives (a lot of them black). His administration overlooked fraud on Wall Street resulting in a damn near depression that destroyed the little wealth that millions of black households had created since the 90s, while simultaneously doubling the unemployment rate of black people which was already ridiculously high.

Obama came in to power off the strength of young and minority voters, but the same voters didn't turn out in force during the 2010 and 2014 midterms which allowed the GOP to retake Congress and obstruct any progressive agenda Obama wanted to pass.

Go ahead and listen to Tariq and don't vote, let's see how that works out for you. It would be funny to watch, if it wasn't for the fact that these policies would have an adverse effect on my life as well.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WE need to form our agenda. I mean what is it??? We need to wait on the white man to give it to us?? Gays had marriage and they fought for it. Latinos had illegal immigration and they fought for it. Blacks have??? What is it we are asking? The feds are not going to give all black people jobs and nor can they.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. What is the agenda that Tariq and his followers want passed?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
It's like people who think global warming isn't real.

There's no upside to polluting the environment except not wanting to change the way we are currently doing things.

So let's not vote. Let's keep polluting. By the time we see the effect it'll be waaay too late to do anything about but we're so certain that we are willing to risk it.

I am willing to put in the minimal effort JUST IN CASE there is a benefit. I guess you get that extra hour or two back PER FOUR YEARS to post on the Coli. Hopefully it'll be worth it to you when Trump bans niqqas.

Respect your opinion but you didn't move me to see your way, and I guess I haven't moved you to see mines.

So I will bow out and just live

Stay strap breh

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
People don't spend billions to win elections because it doesn't matter. The Republican party wouldn't be going so hard to limit the black vote if it didn't matter.
There was a time when black people couldn't vote, it's called the Jim Crow era. We saw how well that worked didn't we? People did not vote in Ferguson and they ended up with a mostly white political apparatus in a majority black city that punished the black residents of that city.

George Bush cheated in a close race in 2000 and handily beat Kerry in 2004. His presidency was a disaster. He pushed this country in to unsustainable war that cost trillions of dollars and thousands of lives (a lot of them black). His administration overlooked fraud on Wall Street resulting in a damn near depression that destroyed the little wealth that millions of black households had created since the 90s, while simultaneously doubling the unemployment rate of black people which was already ridiculously high.

Obama came in to power off the strength of young and minority voters, but the same voters didn't turn out in force during the 2010 and 2014 midterms which allowed the GOP to retake Congress and obstruct any progressive agenda Obama wanted to pass.

Go ahead and listen to Tariq and don't vote, let's see how that works out for you. It would be funny to watch, if it wasn't for the fact that these policies would have an adverse effect on my life as well.

Cool story. Now, please answer my question.

How has voting helped black people acquire proven, tangible resources that has helped the black community become autonomous and able to compete against white supremacy?

Are you aware of or have connection to a black political action committee that has a point by point political agenda aimed at presidential candidates for distributing wealth and resources to the black population? Or are you simply voting for whoever does you less harm?

And did you really just try to use the Jim Crow era to bolster your point? :mjlol:

We live in 2016, with some of the highest black voter turnout in the last two presidential elections ever...voting for who they thought had their best interest at heart...and black people are still being killed and abused...like we were still in Jim Crow. Try again, son.

Peace

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
That's always their go to... I told my coworker the game is rigged and she got mad... and i said it's true. we're out here suffering meanwhile these politicians you vote into office because they filled your head with empty promises dont give you anything back meanwhile they make thousands of dollars in the form of campaign contributions and under the table type of deals with lobbying...

She got irate. :heh: talking about god punishes the wicked.

I was like i havent seen god strike down george bush jr or dikk cheyney yet so all your religious talk is false bravado. :umad::heh: the game is rigged has been from the start.

Exactly! God hasn't struck down the Bush, Cheyney, the CIA or any of the bankers who played craps with peoples' homes and life savings :mjlol:

No, they got golden parachutes, bailouts and government pensions :martin:

But n#ggas gon nig :russell:

Peace

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Except you're still potentially voting for the senate and house rep from your area and propositions that affect your day to day life. So basically you are still voting locally :patrice:. Can we get a list of when its acceptable to vote or not :jbhmm:

House and Senate are more or less local elections. Especially the house. They literally represent your district. Different from the presidential elections.

Anyone who's eligible to vote can vote if they wish. I'm all for voting locally. Tariq's point, as well as the point of others, is that voting purely for the sake of voting, especially at the national level, is not the best use of your vote. Unfortunately, the black electorate has been doing this, especially with democrats, for a very long time at the national level. It's very rare these days for a Dem candidate for prez to not get at least 80-85% of the black vote. And black voters for the most part don't get much for their support, if at all.

It's even weirder when other groups more or less vote based on who is pushing their agendas. Gays will vote for the candidate that supports their cause. Latinos will vote for the candidate that supports immigration reform that benefits them specifically. Asians will look for candidates who, among many other things, is against Affirmative action (they are going hard against it in Cali and other places). And so on.

Black voters have strongly voted Democrat for some time now. Yet, we've had DA's in heavily democratic areas basically shyt on black victims that were killed unjustly by police officers by not even inditing the killers. We've had democratic mayors call those protesting against one of those killings thugs (Rawlings-Blake), and another who flat out tried to cover up a cop who got caught killing a black youth unjustly on tape (Rahm Emmanuel). Also, it was a Dem president, Bill Clinton, who pushed for policies that resulted in a lot of black people being locked up today for bs charges.

Other people in those democratic areas more or less didn't do a damn thing either. During the Mike Brown situation, the governor of Missouri basically didn't do shyt except sending national guards troops and tell people to go home. Similar situation occurred in Maryland during the Freddie Gray situation. The known notable exception in all this was Marilyn Mosby, Baltimore's state attorney, who decided to charge the cops complicit in Freddie Gray's death. And the only reason Mosby, a much younger candidate who was outspent 3 to 1, got that position is that the people actually got their vote on in a local election.

As for Obama, rather than siding with the electorate that supported him the most, he basically tried playing both sides of the fence in terms of rhetoric, while pretty much doing very little and nothing notable on the police brutality issue.

He could've said that said that there are good police out there, but the irresponsible ones should be held accountable, similar to how he framed his argument when calling certain protesters thugs on a press conference (which is a whole topic in of itself).

He did not.

He could've slapped fed charges on Eric Garner's killer, just like George Bush Sr. slapped fed charges on the cops that beat up Rodney King after they were acquitted. The same killing everyone saw on tape.

He did not.

He did, however, not only openly supported gay marriage (I have no problems with gay marriage personally), after reversing a position he's held for over 10 years, he's actively pushing gay marriage overseas, especially in Africa.
Obama: Gay marriage ruling is 'a victory for America'
Barack Obama tells African states to abandon anti-gay discrimination

He did, however, sign a bill specifically benefiting police officers.
Obama signs 'Blue Alert' law to protect police

He did, however, sign executive orders that deferred deportations for an estimated 5 million undocumented immigrants (both children and parents) and provided undocumented immigrants (who meet a certain criteria) a renewable two-year work permit and exemption from deportation (for those that came illegally as children) and a three-year, renewable work permit and exemption from deportation (for parents).
Obama Announces His New Immigration Plan
Deferred Action for Parents of Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He did, however, earmark $12 million for holocaust survivors. Even though the U.S. had nothing to do with either causing, supporting, or continuing the holocaust).
Obama administration earmarks $12M for Holocaust survivors

His administration even began negotiations with France for holocaust survivors...in France...to get reparations. When the states of New York and Maryland were thinking of contracting a French company that transported jews to concentration camps during WWII, the Obama Administration send both states a warning saying that they are messing up the negotiations.
Obama administration warns states over Holocaust reparation talks with France

Meanwhile, Obama, like most dems (and repubs) is officially against reparations for black people in the US. And he has opposed it for a long time.
Obama opposes reparations for slavery

Now, are there some bills / laws Obama has past that ended up benefiting black people in some way? Sure. Were black people specifically the intended recipients? No, no really.
And even initiatives like My Brother's Keeper (which I like), or even the billions of dollars to farmers, other people benefit greatly as well.

-My Brother's Keeper: Black and Latino Youth.
Obama: Black, Latino Young Men Focus Of 'My Brother's Keeper Alliance'

-The Billions for farmers: Black farmers and Native American .
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...tlement-with-black-farmers-native-americans/1

So with all things in mind, yes, black voters should strongly consider changing their behavior. Black voters have played the "lesser of two evils" game for a very long time and it has bit us in the ass many times over, even with a black president around. Many black voters basically vote on autopilot, whether it be out of tradition, obligation, or otherwise. And when they do, they for the most part don't ask much out of their elected officials. As long as said elected official mentioned some rhetoric about black people that may be interpreted as positive, all is good.

Meanwhile, other groups are getting stuff they specifically ask for. Why? Because at some point, they put the pressure on their officials, and they are willing to pull both their votes AND their money off the table and put it to someone else who will take on their cause.

If both parties, and the Dems in particular, notice that the black vote is willing to not vote (D) this time around, you best believe BOTH parties will notice this. And ultimately, if neither party at a national level are willing to take on causes that black voter specifically ask for, then not voting for either, at a national level, should def be on the table.

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cool story. Now, please answer my question.

How has voting helped black people acquire proven, tangible resources that has helped the black community become autonomous and able to compete against white supremacy?

What does this even mean? I'm not trying to be funny, but this is such a vague and nebulous question that no answer is possible.

Are you aware of or have connection to a black political action committee that has a point by point political agenda aimed at presidential candidates for distributing wealth and resources to the black population? Or are you simply voting for whoever does you less harm?​

No. Why don't you lay out the agenda for us.

We live in 2016, with some of the highest black voter turnout in the last two presidential elections ever...voting for who they thought had their best interest at heart...and black people are still being killed and abused...like we were still in Jim Crow. Try again, son.
Peace
Click to expand...​
So we are going to blame killer cops on voting now? Really?

You have some really lazy arguments because you obviously haven't thought through this shyt. You like many people are reactionaries who just like to vent without an actual plan to move forward.
Click to expand...​