Tariq is going hard pushing this #DontVote campaign

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Again, Tariq has always said he supports voting locally.

Except you're still potentially voting for the senate and house rep from your area and propositions that affect your day to day life. So basically you are still voting locally :patrice:. Can we get a list of when its acceptable to vote or not :jbhmm:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Making Community College free you mean? Maybe. But a lot of kids probably want a traditional four year college experience. Bernie Sander's plan for free tuition at public universities could hurt HBCUs. I think the plan should allow students to take the equivalent of a state tuition to an HBCU.

But then again, private HBCU's are more expensive than State Colleges and alot of students still choose to attend an HBCU.

HBCUs graduate a lot of blacks. Also, the number of blacks accepted into PWI are very low. My sister and I were just speaking on how a certain in state school black student enroll is majority athletes or Greeks, and how they only take a small amount of in state blacks, mostly accepting blacks from out of state which causes higher tuition.
Another topic though. Thanks for the input.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I can't argue about this.

It costs an hour every four years. Maybe two hours if you are unlucky.

If you tell me what the benefit of NOT voting is then we might have something to discuss.

A boycott is one thing. It takes $$$ out of people's pockets and that makes them pay attention.

Not voting has zero effect except for the effect that your enemies want: they get to choose and you have no say.

Just so we can focus:

How does NOT voting HELP Black people?

To answer your question on the way "I SEE IT"

1. It helps our mentality/mind of black folks to get off this step-child mentality we have. These crackers only come around us (us = Black ppl) and cry out how we are mistreated and how we have to help the black community and how we have to make sure that the black vote gets recognize and how black ppl and their concerns must be addressed?? (yall eat that up when yall hear a candidate mention those things) But they come around every so often (4 years) or in your case, we use one hour every four years or maybe 2 hours out our day to put these ppl into office and what happens next?? NOTHING we changes we see get done, NOTHING and it's rinse, dry and repeat, (I voted and haven't felt any change in my life, if not I would be worse off if I, myself didn't work so hard and go beyond my means) so why did I vote in the 1st place?

Why would you vote for your enemies (Do you even know your enemies in this game?) You think Clinton, Bernie or Trump are our friends?

But I could ask you the same thing..how voting is beneficial to the black community, but I don't think your explanations of benefits will be any beneficial for me to swallow.

I just speak my opinion that voting is dumb and until we get the right folks who will address our black community and not just state and "say/repeat" what our issues are, cuz that's what all they do, is say and dress of what you and I are saying about our issue and agree that it's bad, then I'll sit these elections out...but what's funny is that is the same stuff 2PAC/MALCOLM X/MLK/ECT back in the day was speaking on 30-40 years ago and it's 2016 and we still speaking about the same thing and we done had a black president, but aye, let's keep voting

Daps
12734011_10208745437935893_5740865738504190520_n.jpg

Tariq Nasheed ‏@tariqnasheed 19h19 hours ago
Hilary has done the same thing Bernie is going to do. NOTHING #dontvote

You think this is a good strategy to get our goals met as a people?:jbhmm:

I will say what so many blacks are afraid/ashamed/ whatever to say:

I voted for Obama knowing FULL WELL PRESIDENTS have no REAL power to make real change. I just said "fukk it" if it don't matter- may as well have a black president one time.

I voted for Obama because he is black and I wanted to have a black man run shyt for once.
Since there is no black man running with a realistic chance to win, I am not voting.

I dotn care what any of these people say they stand for, even if they are legit Saints- they will get to Washington and "Let the games begin" its back to politics.

So i am 10000% on board with no vote- lets not give anyone the blacc vote. The rethugs dont want/care about our votes, and the Dems take our votes for granted while using our votes to push through more and more gay agendas

So if you are black- I would say dont vote, do not participate in the process at all. fukk the system.:martin:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
HHL4E was a strong supporter of both Ron and Rand Paul...who both have ties to White Supremacist groups. He spent years defending these two on SOHH and The Coli before we ran him out HL.

Who are you supporting now that Rand Paul is out?
Would you shut up fakkit. I, like many other reasonable posters, stopped posting there to get away from insufferable idiots such as yourself. No one ran anyone out of anywhere. No please, go away idiot.

And even if you did claim to run someone out of somewhere, why the fukk are you here on my jock? fukking idiot.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
There is something to be said about politics with black people but to say don't vote is giving them what you want

How is not voting "giving them what they want"? Blacks voted in record numbers the last two presidential elections. How has this voting helped black people in terms of wealth, political action, education and protection under the law during the past 8 years?

If not voting would deter us, which you insinuated, then you must have proof of the opposite. That voting has shown proven, tangible results that blacks benefit from right now in 2016.

Voting for the sake of voting is senseless. Unless blacks have a political agenda and a proper economy to enforce that agenda, voting is masturbatory.

Peace

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would you shut up fakkit. I, like many other reasonable posters, stopped posting there to get away from insufferable idiots such as yourself. No one ran anyone out of anywhere. No please, go away idiot.

And even if you did claim to run someone out of somewhere, why the fukk are you here on my jock? fukking idiot.

:umad:

You quoted me first fukk boy.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
I say vote for the party that will benefit you the most. If you have a situation where party A will do little for you and party B will kick you out on the street, leave you with no food, shelter, or medical care,and outright hates you the better situation is to vote for party A.

You know why old white people always end up getting what they want from politicians, its because they vote. Nobody ever got anything by being silent.

How old are you, son? :dame:

You think it has more to do with them voting then political contributions and political lobby via the AARP? :mjlol:

Only a disenfranchised, miseducated people could even think that a vote has more power than a bag full of money and political connection :francis:

Peace

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
This is like telling someone that they have to get married because they don't wana be alone :heh:

This is like choosing to marry a bytch who cheats on you with one guy over another bytch who cheats on you doin gang bangs
:dead:

Either way, you're marrying a bytch who doesn't give a shyt about you

:russ:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
My take from what he is saying is this.

He is saying AA/Blacks should not be going out in large numbers voting for Dems or Pubs. He is saying that we should say I'm not voting for you until you do something specifically for black people in the form of resources not this minority, poor people shyt, like he said not all blacks are poor. I agree we run out and vote for Dems and help them get elected and they're not doing shyt for us (Look at the Clinton blacks went hard for Bill and he fukked us, look at Obama calling us thugs and shyt...also he has hurt HBCUs) but using us to get in the white house and push agendas for others . I'm not talking about republicans because we know they're a lost cause.

Change to Loan Qualifications Hurt Students at HBCUs, For-Profit Colleges

HBCUs May Sue Obama Administration Over New Student Loan Rules
WE need to form our agenda. I mean what is it??? We need to wait on the white man to give it to us?? Gays had marriage and they fought for it. Latinos had illegal immigration and they fought for it. Blacks have??? What is it we are asking? The feds are not going to give all black people jobs and nor can they.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
To answer your question on the way "I SEE IT"

1. It helps our mentality/mind of black folks to get off this step-child mentality we have. These crackers only come around us (us = Black ppl) and cry out how we are mistreated and how we have to help the black community and how we have to make sure that the black vote gets recognize and how black ppl and their concerns must be addressed?? (yall eat that up when yall hear a candidate mention those things) But they come around every so often (4 years) or in your case, we use one hour every four years or maybe 2 hours out our day to put these ppl into office and what happens next?? NOTHING we changes we see get done, NOTHING and it's rinse, dry and repeat, (I voted and haven't felt any change in my life, if not I would be worse off if I, myself didn't work so hard and go beyond my means) so why did I vote in the 1st place?

Why would you vote for your enemies (Do you even know your enemies in this game?) You think Clinton, Bernie or Trump are our friends?

But I could ask you the same thing..how voting is beneficial to the black community, but I don't think your explanations of benefits will be any beneficial for me to swallow.

I just speak my opinion that voting is dumb and until we get the right folks who will address our black community and not just state and "say/repeat" what our issues are, cuz that's what all they do, is say and dress of what you and I are saying about our issue and agree that it's bad, then I'll sit these elections out...but what's funny is that is the same stuff 2PAC/MALCOLM X/MLK/ECT back in the day was speaking on 30-40 years ago and it's 2016 and we still speaking about the same thing and we done had a black president, but aye, let's keep

It's like people who think global warming isn't real.

There's no upside to polluting the environment except not wanting to change the way we are currently doing things.

So let's not vote. Let's keep polluting. By the time we see the effect it'll be waaay too late to do anything about but we're so certain that we are willing to risk it.

I am willing to put in the minimal effort JUST IN CASE there is a benefit. I guess you get that extra hour or two back PER FOUR YEARS to post on the Coli. Hopefully it'll be worth it to you when Trump bans niqqas.