Tariq called into the reparations task force in california to tell them who is qualified or not

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said most. There are still a few families left in Amherstberg, Dresden, Chatham Kent, Buxton, etc but majority of the families have left for Detroit, Chicago, and Toronto.

No BUT, stay on the POINT. They are DESCENDANTS of AMERICAN SLAVES.

and there ARE LOTS of them in the Maritimes and small communities in the praries.

Toronto is still in CANADA

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Why are y’all letting this dude @Phitz derail the thread with strawman arguments. He’s talking about a minute amount of people.

like less than a 1% of black Americans. Who gives a fukk if they get reparations or not, let’s focus on the big picture.

The important part is lineage and identifying as black for the past 10yrs. There are a lot of passing blacks that are going to be disqualified off rip.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are y’all letting this dude @Phitz derail the thread with strawman arguments. He’s talking about a minute amount of people.

like less than a 1% of black Americans. Who gives a fukk if they get reparations or not, let’s focus on the big picture.

The important part is lineage and identifying as black for the past 10yrs. There are a lot of passing blacks that are going to be disqualified off rip.

I kept the thread on topic

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's wild that the reparations discussion is back on the table because of tone and Yvette but they voted tone out of the task force and went rogue.

Daps
Does that mean the descendents of the underground rail road who still live in Canada and the former slaves and free blacks that went to Liberia, and the descendents from the soldiers from WWI and WWII still in Europe are included? Alot of these people still have their FBA paperwork.

Tariq you reading this? Yes indeed?

These are actually some valid points that I've never thought about. There's an argument to be made that Liberia has received some funds from the US government, but I'm sure it wasn't enough.

And then what about people that fled the country and moved to Canada? These are valid points.

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should expand it to black people whose ancestors were listed as mulatto on the 1870 census too

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
So the reparations task force is black people talking amongst themselves deciding who should get reparations?

So what exactly happens when this info reaches the desk of the cacs who have to sign off and write the check?
Senator_tweets_video_of_himself-371302ed3b8a48cafb442c5b98eab482