Tariq & Akademiks Arguing Over Origins of Hip Hop

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
Doesn’t matter what coast your from. It’s possible for anyone to have done the knowledge to speak accurately on the culture.

What did Tariq say that was inaccurate? Because “Jamaicans invented hip hop” is not accurate and ya man immediately followed that by “I’m just telling you the story I heard”:dahell:
Look at his username. He's allowed to talk shyt. Meanwhile people like me have to hold our tongues or we get banned for "race baiting"

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
Stop being a drama queen :unimpressed:

You lucky you not banned. You’ve made a bunch of unprovoked offensive posts
Mod staff has banned me more times than I can count for my “offensive” posts. I’ve seen users on the other side get way too many passes. I see the double standards at play and I’ll leave it at that. It’s clear critical and constructive dialogue isn’t valued on this forum.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Mod staff has banned me more times than I can count for my “offensive” posts. I’ve seen users on the other side get way too many passes. I see the double standards at play and I’ll leave it at that. It’s clear critical and constructive dialogue isn’t valued on this forum.
Tbf I think @Houston911 is fba and has spoke against bs before

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

That’s a damn lie.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
James Brown is The Godfather of hip hop

Thank You. Hip Hop owes more to James Brown than damn near anyone. All those beats were created by Funk, Soul, Disco and R&B all Black American Genres. They weren't sampling Jamaican or Caribbean music like that. They were sampling Black American Disco, Jazz and Funk. It's a evolution of Black American Music. And yes there were people before Herc and he even admitted that he was playing Black American music.