Tariq & Akademiks Arguing Over Origins of Hip Hop

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
We in here talking about hip hop, you can't add nothing to do because you don't no nothing about it

now you talking abou maga and politics nikkaz don't even give a shyt about

who's the cac again

As I said sir
you doing your best kkk impersonation

if you as a blk man is proud of that
I say continue

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As I said sir
you doing your best kkk impersonation

if you as a blk man is proud of that
I say continue

New person

second red flag, "as a black man"

nobody black talks like this, this is exactly what trolls say on every platform on the internet when they pretend o be black lmmao

this is the insanity you cacs are own right in the last days of your entire race

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
New person

second red flag, "as a black man"

nobody black talks like this, this is exactly what trolls say on every platform on the internet when they pretend o be black lmmao

this is the insanity you cacs are own right in the last days of your entire race

I have been verified
what else dumbass?

let me first ask so I can retract beforehand

if I see a blk man acting like a racist and make a point of it
is that a bad thing on the coli?

if a so called blk man used antebellum slurs and says things like "go back to your country"

me calling this person a crackah minded maga racist wannabe
that is a bad thing?

me saying it is because many of you have white racist mothers/fathers that is a bad thing?

most wite people I have met have been civil
I refer to no teeth trailer park maga fox news parents of some coli members

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have been verified
what else dumbass?

let me first ask so I can retract beforehand

if I see a blk man acting like a racist and make a point of it
is that a bad thing on the coli?

if a so called blk man used antebellum slurs and says things like "go back to your country"

me calling this person a crackah minded maga racist wannabe
that is a bad thing?

me saying it is because many of you have white racist mothers/fathers that is a bad thing?

most wite people I have met have been civil
I refer to no teeth trailer park maga fox news parents of some coli members

I was acting racist or what did i say that was racist

I said jamaicans can't rap, this isn't racist this is fact, nobody wants to hear anyone spit bars in any type of fukking accent where's jamaican, spanish, or anything else it all sounds horrible

you talking about maga, and all this alt right shyt, nikkaz don't know about it, this whole site is over ran with cac trolls, you already derailed with this bullshyt

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I was acting racist or what did i say that was racist

I said jamaicans can't rap, this isn't racist this is fact, nobody wants to hear anyone spit bars in any type of fukking accent where's jamaican, spanish, or anything else it all sounds horrible

you talking about maga, and all this alt right shyt, nikkaz don't know about it, this whole site is over ran with cac trolls, you already derailed with this bullshyt

No the main point being made sir

your mindset is that of a backwater dumb wite racist who knows nothing of the world or other people
that is all I am saying

from the very beginning I said
"if you knew any Jamaican people they would ALL AGREE that no hip hop was not invented there"

problem solved
yet that is not enough

insults and fights are sought
DISRESPECT

as a backwater xenophobic racist would

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No the main point being made sir

your mindset is that of a backwater dumb wite racist who knows nothing of the world or other people
that is all I am saying

from the very beginning I said
"if you knew any Jamaican people they would ALL AGREE that no hip hop was not invented there"

problem solved
yet that is not enough

insults and fights are sought
DISRESPECT

as a backwater xenophobic racist would

We talking about Akademiks and Busta Rhymes who is a hip hop legend even tried to say that shyt

stop man, you don't know what you're talking about, you're a culture vulture injecting yourself into something you don't know the history of

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
We talking about Akademiks and Busta Rhymes who is a hip hop legend even tried to say that shyt

stop man, you don't know what you're talking about, you're a culture vulture injecting yourself into something you don't know the history of

and again DUMBASS
if you knew any Jamaican people they would tell you those guys are "Yankee" (not a bad word or a disrespectful one)

simply means they more so into blk american culture than caribbean
dumbass is that difficult to understand?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
and again DUMBASS
if you knew any Jamaican people they would tell you those guys are "Yankee" (not a bad word or a disrespectful one)

simply means they more so into blk american culture than caribbean
dumbass is that difficult to understand?

We not talking about any jamaicans who talking about DJ akademiks

I merely stated a fact that there was hip hop on the island of jamaican when nikkaz was jamming goddamn parks rapping

hop hop existed before muthafukking records and the music industry putting out products

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
We not talking about any jamaicans who talking about DJ akademiks

I merely stated a fact that there was hip hop on the island of jamaican when nikkaz was jamming goddamn parks rapping

hop hop existed before muthafukking records and the music industry putting out products

and I am not disagreeing with your theory and NO JAMAICAN WOULD

is that difficult to understand sir?

what I am against is a bunch of maga babies talking shyt about people and NEVER MET ONE
looking for a fight
looking to hurt another blk person
looking to please maga mommas and daddies

"look at me wite momma...I told em go back to africa...look at me wite daddy....I told em they stink"

shyt any self respecting blk person would not be into
so many of you take pleasure in demeaning others
shyt wrong

yet guess what?
it is encouraged

Daps
Reppin
NULL
and I am not disagreeing with your theory and NO JAMAICAN WOULD

is that difficult to understand sir?

what I am against is a bunch of maga babies talking shyt about people and NEVER MET ONE
looking for a fight
looking to hurt another blk person
looking to please maga mommas and daddies

"look at me wite momma...I told em go back to africa...look at me wite daddy....I told em they stink"

shyt any self respecting blk person would not be into
so many of you take pleasure in demeaning others
shyt wrong

yet guess what?
it is encouraged

There's nothing to disagree with because I said was a fact

the reason we having this back and forth is because come in talking shyt because the fact obvious hurt your feelings, and you had to create a narrative to attack me back because you couldn't refute the fact I stated

and still can't admit your wrong, you fit right in here with the rest of these simpletons

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
There's nothing to disagree with because I said was a fact

the reason we having this back and forth is because come in talking shyt because the fact obvious hurt your feelings, and you had to create a narrative to attack me back because you couldn't refute the fact I stated

and still can't admit your wrong, you fit right in here with the rest of these simpletons

lol
hey man...this is fact

you can disrespect yet cry if disrespected
talk about Africans and Caribbean people in the worst ways

and sound just like a maga racist
yet feel PROUD
get daps
sleep well at night

now in understanding that
what else can I do but laugh?

The FACT is your mindset no different from a wite person in a trailer park watching fox news
that is the fact

now the above might sound to you like "fukk yo momma"

I assure you sir.....if man want diss.....man get diss....and get diss wicked...hell and bloodclaat powderhouse....yuh bawl like baby
FACT though

some blk people are too easily divided
so I would not play in a part in racist strategies
have your mindset

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Just found this page, where it speaks of a record label called Clappers. Appeartly this label did release some early rap songs on printed vinyl. I do think Brother D's is one of the earliest conscious rappers with songs like Dib-Be-Dib-Be-Dize and How We Gonna Make the Black Nation Rise. The label itself is claiming to be the first. And apparently Dib-Be-Dib-Be-Dize was the first reggae rap crossover in 1980, so 5 - 6 year prior to KRS and Just Ice.

Reggae and hiphop

The first meetings (late 70's to the mid 80's)

The relations between reggae and hiphop have been very noticeable in foremost America, the land where the hiphop culture was born. The man often regarded as the originator of hiphop, DJ Kool Herc, was a Jamaican who had come to the Bronx at the age of 13, 1968. With his experience of the Jamaican Sound Systems he started playing funk music on his own sound often imitating the deejays that chatted over the music on the Jamaican sounds. Thus he was also pioneering an early form of rapping (often credited to have been originated by jamaican deejays and american artists such as The Last Poets and Gil Scott-Heron).

In the the late 70's and early 80's with the birth and emergence of hiphop many label that focused on reggae would release novelty hiphop releases while some hiphop labels in turn would release reggae records. The Clappers label, primarily dealing with reggae, are regarded to have released the first political hiphop song with the release of Brother D's »How We Gonna Make the Black Nation Rise« (Clappers 12", 1980) while the influential Wackies label released one of the earlier hiphop singles with their »Wack Rap« by Solid C, Bobby D, and Kool Drop. The Clappers label was also very early, if not first, with combining a deejay and a rapper on song with their release of Sons of Creation »Feeling Down A Yard« (Clappers 12", 1982). Two years later the label was perhaps first to team a deejay and rapper on the course of a whole album with the release of Up Against The Beast (1984, Clappers) featuring rapper Brother D and deejay Silver Fox taking their turns over some classic reggae rhythms. Jamaican deejays had previously tried their hand at rapping - General Echo's »Rapping Dub Style« (Techniques 12", 1980) being one example.

In Jamaica Joe Gibbs released singles by the female rapper Xanadu such as »Sure Shot« (Joe Gibbs, 1980) and a cover of »Rapper's Delight« (Joe Gibbs, 1980) which where strictly hiphop style.

The electro/hiphop label Express itself released dub albums by Ranking Barnabas and Phil Pratt's Dial M For Murder In Dub Style. The early to mid 80's would also see the rising careers of several rappers of Jamaican descent such as KRS-One of Boogie Down Productions.

"Clappers is New York label that is primarily known for its reggae releases. But it has also attracted listeners due to some of their groundbreaking and controversial hiphop releases. The label is run by the Dub Organizer (b. Lister Hewan-Lowe 1952, Halfway Tree, Jamaica) a Jamaican who relocated to New York in 1972.

The first release on the label was the New York group Jah Mallas album Alive & Well. But also albums by General Plough, Jack Ruby, Aston »Familyman« Barrett, Jr. Dan, Nicodemus and others have been released. Yabby You's album on the label was supposedly a bootleg. Many of the labels releases are now sought after collectors albums.

The Clappers label is regarded to have released the first ever political hiphop song with Brother D's »How We Gonna Make The Black Nation Rise«. They also stirred up some controversy with the release of 2 Black 2 Strong/MMG's release of the EP Burn Baby Burn that depicted an American flag burning on the cover art work and also had the lyrics »fukk the red, white and blue« in it. Record stores refused to carry the EP."

Never heard of any of the songs mentioned above in the article, so I looked them up.

Solid C., Bobby D.*, Kool Drop (2), Wackie's Disco Rock Band – Wack Rap (1979)

Willie Wood & Willie Wood Crew– Willie Rap (1979)

Xanadu - Sure Shot (Jamaica, 1980, Joe Gibbs Music)

Brother D's - How We Gonna Make the Black Nation Rise (1980)

Brother D's - Dib-Be-Dib-Be-Dize (1980)

Sons Of Creation – Feeling Down A Yard / Revival (1982)

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Herc himself credited Mario, and this is a BX cat, he's clearly biased. Again, he could still contribute. Herc credited him for nothing?
From what I have heard Mario's family migrated from the South to New York. Some others have claimed he was Afro-Purto Rican. Perhaps due to his name, Mario?

Last edited: