‘Talk to Me’ | Official Trailer | A24 [7/28]

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Funny shyt is I took my daughter and my brother to go see this and my daughter couldn’t finish it half way thru. We had the theater to ourselves so she went to the back of the theater and put her headphones on. She said it made her feel uneasy which was weird to me because she’s seen worse and scarier films.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I thought it was a great choice to endear Mia to the audience by using "the caretaker" trope right away. First time we see her, she's suffered a tragedy, yet she's still making time to put her friends before herself and pick up Riley when his actual sister forgot to. So when I saw that, I was like "oh, we dealing with black, Australian Laurie Strode?" :ehh:

So her becoming so unlikable and unintentionally dangerous was very effective. Her date was earned and richly deserved. :wow:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saw this last night it was pretty good… So was Mia’s mom just an evil spirit all along?
i think it was the spirit that looked like it had drowned. Notice as the movie went on, the “mom” became more disfigured and you heard the water sounds. Since spirits lose hold as time passes it was becoming harder to keep up the disguise

Dont know if thats the case, just my two cents:manny:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
i think it was the spirit that looked like it had drowned. Notice as the movie went on, the “mom” became more disfigured and you heard the water sounds. Since spirits lose hold as time passes it was becoming harder to keep up the disguise

Dont know if thats the case, just my two cents:manny:

Is it clarified exactly how the mom took her life? Did she overdose and drown herself in the bathtub? Only explanation I can think of for her appearance.