‘Talk to Me’ | Official Trailer | A24 [7/28]

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Thought this was a really solid directorial debut. Movie brought a fresh take to the possession sub-genre and I respect that a lot. Made me feel like I was losing my mind along with the rest of the characters, so as far as effectiveness goes, I think the movie was a grand success in that regard. Looking at the rest of the horror slate this year, it’ll likely go down as my favorite one. 2022 spoiled me like crazy in retrospect.

I don’t think there’s anything else in horror that makes me flinch as much as head trauma does. The movie does not shy away from that stuff at all, so beware lol. Some of the scenes had me feeling kinda queasy.:picard:

Found myself laughing while also surprised at how demonic things had flipped at an instant within the same moment. Reminded me of a lot of the way Raimi crafted his work. Not at all surprised seeing who picked this up - there were definitely a few points in the film where I could imagine A24 reps at the festival premiere going “Yes, we need to buy this film immediately”.

Ending sent the film out on a really high note. Hit me like a brick and will stick in my head for a while similarly to that one crazy ass sequence from Flanagan’s The Haunting of Hill House.

Flick was so Australian that even Kangaroo Jack got a cameo. :banderas:

:mjcry:

8/10.
This was the hereditary classroom head trauma on steroids

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was the hereditary classroom head trauma on steroids
source.gif

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Saw this last night it was pretty good… So was Mia’s mom just an evil spirit all along?
That’s what I felt as well. I didn’t think it was her mother…like at all, even during the party sequence.

Like a Deadite from Evil Dead mimicking the soul of a character’s loved one, and that same lead naively buying into all the manipulations it’s spitting instead of recognizing like Ash that they’re getting played. :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Just copped tickets for a 10 PM showing tonight

EDIT: Really dope film! Possession horror isn't really my bag since everyone is (mostly) just doing The Exorcist over and over again but this felt original.

Never seen the Mia actress Sophie Wilde before but she killed it straight away with the first party scene and how she was struggling to mingle with everyone. Ole girl kinda cute too, reminded me of Little Simz.

Like Lootpack said, this isn't a standout horror year especially coming off red hot 2022, but I'd put Talk to Me right up there with Infinity Pool :salute:

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
can any Uk brehs confirm/explain why your doorknobs be hella high?

overall i fukk with it...wasn't what I exactly expected, based off the trailer
thought the mom thing would be more prominent, thought she'd connect w/ her right away but it's not as focused on her per se

ain't gonna lie, i flinched when riley started to bash himself

i loved that ending though, when we see her be part of the game now

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
dawg. This shyt was FIREEEEEE!!!

old short hair girl killed it! was she a brehette? I was sitting there like :ohhh::damn: for the whole back half of the movie!!

I get tired of movies pulling punches and holding back.. this movie really goes ALL IN and shows the full extent of peer pressure, suffering and grief. shout out to the white mom who was amazing, hilarious and authentic in her portrayal. the sound was gripping as hell, felt like i was right there with them playing talk to me!

finally a truly demonic horror movie to rewatch again and again. them australians sick af in the head!

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
dawg. This shyt was FIREEEEEE!!!

old short hair girl killed it! was she a brehette? I was sitting there like :ohhh::damn: for the whole back half of the movie!!

I get tired of movies pulling punches and holding back.. this movie really goes ALL IN and shows the full extent of peer pressure, suffering and grief. shout out to the white mom who was amazing, hilarious and authentic in her portrayal. the sound was gripping as hell, felt like i was right there with them playing talk to me!

finally a truly demonic horror movie to rewatch again and again. them australians sick af in the head!
was this Australia?

oops i automatically assumed it was the UK :mjlol:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The cliche moral dilemma with the roadkill in the beginning.
the foreshadowing of things to come
I feel like the movie has a lot to play with. I def think Sophie Wilde the main protagonist overstepped hard when she
let the young kid touch the hand against her friend wishes
that to me was just dumb. There was some other things that I felt like wasn’t truly plot focused which I feel like they coulda connected better. All in all aussie’s make decent scary films.
apparently they’re maybe multiple hands and they are already working on a sequel not yet green lit. Supposedly a lot of the clues you can find out about the hand is from the writings on it
anyone know what was up with the water noise every time the mom came thru? Also I know the little boy got possessed by something else cause why didn’t he just straight up tell Sophie what he saw. If it was who they make it out to be.

7/10, it’s on par with smile…

hereditary, midsommar and babadook I think are better.

Last edited: