‘Talk to Me’ | Official Trailer | A24 [7/28]

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I thought this was good.

It took awhile for me to get into the accents and different culture. I also don't understand how they got the hand away from the police. Someone would have said something. You can't get locked up for carrying possed items. I thought the ending was done well and generally if the movie takes me on a journey and ends well I like it:manny: I wouldn't call the movie fun but I was invested in the story which I thought was good.

The difference with horror today is that many of them rely on the subtext in the film. There's been subtext in horror movies for decades and I have no issue with it. I'd understand why people wouldn't like the movie if they're watching it only at surface value or they don't agree with the subtext. The movie was light one scares. There was more gross out gore with Riley in the movie but it's lower than some recent movies.

Yea its an anti drug movie or even a movie about losing a friend or loved one to drugs.
  • Their pupils get dilated:comeon:
  • They go on a trip and have out of body experiences afterwards.
  • The guy that lost his brother said like, "He was getting better. He'd still be alive if he stopped doing it."
  • Mia, the depressed teenager, does it at first for fun and gets hooked to it. The other teenagers can do it casually even if they were doing it longer than Mia.
  • I'd think what they're trying to say is even if a person is hooked on drugs, they're battling their demons and aren't trying to intentionally hurt the people around them. In the movie Mia doesn't want to mercy kill a kangaroo, she leaves her father to die, she ends up killing herself instead of the sickly Riley.
  • They kind of made the two sketchy kids, Hayley and the guy with some melanin, drug dealers. They were sitting on the car smoking and had more stylish clothes. Maybe this is just me but if this was a hood movie they be the ones the give the main character their first grams of work.
Is the Talk to Me scene at the hospital why I'm seeing more people talk about Society lately. It looked like some shunting was going on:russ:

I might be reaching here but I think the hand was from a Satanist.

In the movie they said that its a satanist or a medium. Riley's spirit was being tortured and all the spirits were lying to Mia. Normally a medium tries to help people, not connect them with bad spirits. Also the hand is a left hand. It's considered bad luck to shake with a left hand and nuns used to whip people's ass for writing left handed because they considered it the devils work.

Last edited:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I notice some of these movies been outwardly showing racism lately more than usual. And even though the racist character usually gets dealt with, it's not entertainment after a while.

And every other movie always have some Black woman surrounded by White people, and on the verge of becoming some White dudes bedwench. Even if nothing wounds up happening between them, none of this is entertainment to me either, and that whole situation takes away from the movie, when it didn't need to be there in the first place, like that wench a** movie, "The Hate U Give".

Even when a movie includes a Black man dating interracial, first you know that ain't real life, and second, you know Hollywood is going to follow it up with three or four movies with a Black woman dating interracial. And that's going to be with a White dude nine times outta ten.

It's like a taboo to even show a Black man and a Black woman together in nine out of ten of these movies, regardless of genre. Either that, or the Black person is clearly the only one without a spouse or significant other altogether, and wound up looking like some kinda mascot. This Black male image and this Black female image in these movies has become redundant.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I notice some of these movies been outwardly showing racism lately more than usual. And even though the racist character usually gets dealt with, it's not entertainment after a while.

And every other movie always have some Black woman surrounded by White people, and on the verge of becoming some White dudes bedwench. Even if nothing wounds up happening between them, none of this is entertainment to me either, and that whole situation takes away from the movie, when it didn't need to be there in the first place, like that wench a** movie, "The Hate U Give".

Even when a movie includes a Black man dating interracial, first you know that ain't real life, and second, you know Hollywood is going to follow it up with three or four movies with a Black woman dating interracial. And that's going to be with a White dude nine times outta ten.

It's like a taboo to even show a Black man and a Black woman together in nine out of ten of these movies, regardless of genre. Either that, or the Black person is clearly the only one without a spouse or significant other altogether, and wound up looking like some kinda mascot. The Black male image and the Black female image in these movies has become redundant.
Has black lead in film. Writes 4 paragraphs complaining

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Very interesting, very reactive movie, I feel they took SOME stuff from the first Nightmare on Elm Street(Max), like if Nancy wasn't such a prude and then flipped it. I can't say I enjoyed it a lot but it was definitely Interesting, 6.5/10

daemonova

Daps
71cqvZbA9tL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

daemonova

Daps
Very interesting, very reactive movie, I feel they took SOME stuff from the first Nightmare on Elm Street(Max), like if Nancy wasn't such a prude and then flipped it. I can't say I enjoyed it a lot but it was definitely Interesting, 6.5/10
So I went back to look at the first Nightmare (Max!) For some clarification 🤔 and this nicca Johnny Depp (yeah, I didn't know until a few years ago, vhs been gone) climb the trellis with no shoes and socks.

Now I'm not saying they exist in the same universe but the writers clearly looked at that scene and thought, "ok, if they ain't t gonna have sex. What can they do? 🤔

I'd rather be at an orgy than whatever er they did in this film, babies and chlamydia better than this.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I liked "Don't Look Away", a little better, and not just because that brother with slightly gray hair had a young Asian girlfriend. On that note, a young Asian girl recently wound up siting next to me at a movie. She was right next to the seat assigned to me, which was on the edge, and there weren't but three people in the whole auditorium. I was so surprised, I asked her if somebody was sitting in my seat, assuming she was waiting on somebody. But she took it as though I was telling her she was in the wrong seat. So she said she was sorry, and moved over about 10 seats somewhere in the middle of the aisle. I tried to tell her she was ok, but she was gone before I could finish getting the words out. Then after about five minutes into the movie, she got up, walked passed me, and left, never returning. The thing was, she acted more bold, than scared.

Although, she had a slight tummy, she did sorta have a body. But if I walked out with her, they would have either burned the theater down, or banned me, or both. Btw, the movie was "The Nun II". Although it didn't hit it out the ball park either, it was better than "Talk to Me" as well. It was even better then "Don't Look Away"...but since thecoli don't go to the movies anymore, I'll say a little more about this film later.

Last edited:

daemonova

Daps
I liked "Don't Look Away", a little better, and not just because that brother with slightly gray hair had a young Asian girl. On that note, a young Asian girl recently wound up siting next to me in this theater. She was next to the seat assigned to me, which was on the edge, and it wasn't but three people in the whole auditorium. I was so surprised, I asked her if somebody was sitting in my seat, assuming she was waiting on somebody. But she took it as though I was telling her she was in the wrong seat. So she said she was sorry, and moved over about 10 seats somewhere in the middle of the aisle. I tried to tell her she was ok, but she was gone before I could finish getting it out. Then after about five minutes into the movie, she got up, walked passed me, and left, never returning. The thing was, she acted more bold, than scared.

Although, she had a slight tummy, she did sorta have a body. But if I walked out with her, they would have either burned the theater down, or banned me, or both. Btw, the movie was "The Nun II". Although it didn't hit it out the ball park either, it was better than "Talk to Me" as well. It was even better then "Don't Look Away". But since thecoli don't go to the movies anymore, I'll say a little more about this film later.
I'll see NUn 2 when goes digital (☠️) but I got to first see Nun 1 (Max). There is a thread, do your googles.

I had a hot Asian chick sit next to me when I saw the first Shazam at Discover Mills in Atlanta. I ain't say shiet and she stayed the whole time. Unfortunately, contrary to what ppl want you to believe, you can't normally control that type of situation, if she wants to say something, she will. Otherwise, you just enjoyed a movie with a hot chick.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I'll see NUn 2 when goes digital (☠️) but I got to first see Nun 1 (Max). There is a thread, do your googles.

I had a hot Asian chick sit next to me when I saw the first Shazam at Discover Mills in Atlanta. I ain't say shiet and she stayed the whole time. Unfortunately, contrary to what ppl want you to believe, you can't normally control that type of situation, if she wants to say something, she will. Otherwise, you just enjoyed a movie with a hot chick.
I kinda figured there was a thread on "The Nun II", so I didn't do my googles. But my comment was about thecoli in general, and I've notice a decrease in movie threads. For example I still haven't seen a thread here on "Don't Look Away", and several other movies that's been out for a minute.

I know what you mean about a chick sitting next to you at the movies, who's a complete stranger. I've had this happen more than once. Tbh, if a chick is going to sit next to me, I'd rather it be my date, unless she really means business, and don't leave before they finish showing the ending credits...not to mention you haven't even seen her body. With all this going through the mind, it can be harder to enjoy the movie...it all depends. It can be hard enough enjoying a movie with your own date, especially if she's new, and you laugh at the wrong thing, or she laugh at the wrong thing.

But I really think this Asian girl meant business at first. But the slightest thing could have made her nervous, and spoiled it...and it did. That can easily happen in these situations, when it comes to a girl from a different culture, and you two are strangers. When she changed her seat, I could have walk over, and told her I didn't mean for her to leave. But at that point, I'm not sure if it would have been worth it, especially with the age difference. Who knows :yeshrug:

Last edited: