‘Talk to Me’ | Official Trailer | A24 [7/28]

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
they still left it up to the viewer to decide so i guess unless we get the sequel or pre
Its up in the air. Im sure the chico who summoned her views her all mangled and shyt from the accident and not in her last human alive form like the rest of the lost souls. I think it hits harder when the main character takes the whole L. She cursed that kid bodied her pops scarred her friend and died :russ:
Apparently they can go either way like you said. They also have a lot of clues on the hand itself if you ever get a still frame shot of it. Supposedly they end up in Greece. I don’t think she died persay but she’s def not a likable character unfortunately due to her mother’s passing she never finds proper help and is unstable.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The story came across as an allegory to drug usage and the way some users can abuse such to deal with their grief. From the way the friends were strapped down in the same manner a heroin user would strap a belt around their arm before injecting themselves with a needle, to the way Mia got addicted upon the thrill, the high, of dangerous and life-changing conjuring. Riley wasn't addicted like Mia was and the effects faded over time. Mia did herself no favors by re-using 'The Hand' constantly. She fukked around and found out.

The way Mia cried out for her pops at the end to no acknowledgement stuck out to me and I liked how it tied back to earlier in the film when she didn't return her father's phone call....that shyt was brutal. I do agree with others on the lead coming across as unlikeable, but I notice that a lot with substance abusers in films. I also just enjoy whenever a film can have a character like this not hold my hand all the way through, lol. Nevertheless, I still found myself feeling some type of way about the way she went out, even if deserved, and that's credit to the crew behind the screen.

The sequence where each of the friends were taking turns with 'The Hand' was absolutely hilarious and just what I needed before the demonic shyt that went down afterwards. :dead:
:ohhh: :leon: :ehh:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The story came across as an allegory to drug usage and the way some users can abuse such to deal with their grief. From the way the friends were strapped down in the same manner a heroin user would strap a belt around their arm before injecting themselves with a needle, to the way Mia got addicted upon the thrill, the high, of dangerous and life-changing conjuring. Riley wasn't addicted like Mia was and the effects faded over time. Mia did herself no favors by re-using 'The Hand' constantly. She fukked around and found out.

The way Mia cried out for her pops at the end to no acknowledgement stuck out to me and I liked how it tied back to earlier in the film when she didn't return her father's phone call....that shyt was brutal. I do agree with others on the lead coming across as unlikeable, but I notice that a lot with substance abusers in films. I also just enjoy whenever a film can have a character like this not hold my hand all the way through, lol. Nevertheless, I still found myself feeling some type of way about the way she went out, even if deserved, and that's credit to the crew behind the screen.

The sequence where each of the friends were taking turns with 'The Hand' was absolutely hilarious and just what I needed before the demonic shyt that went down afterwards. :dead:
:ohhh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
She and Riley and the dude who stabbed his brother all went over 90 seconds that’s why the demons latched onto all of them.

I’m not rocking with your assumptions.

'Talk to Me' Ending Explained I’m going with this. Especially when it comes to her father because if not then she should be tried for attempted murder or murder.

Exactly. It’s how I saw it as well.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Great way to view it. But word. She wasn’t likeable in the slightest she was OD selfish.