Tales of Arise | PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/PC | 9/10/21

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, this is by far the stingiest Tales game when it comes to exp. I bought all the level up exp dlc and I'm like 20hrs in and I've only leveled up ONCE. I got exp meals, double exp and everything going and it's still barely moving the needle. I couldn't imagine grinding levels the legit way in this game. It would probably take 50 hrs to get where I'm at doing it that way. fukk that shyt, I don't have the time for that anymore.

Also feel like for this next Lord I face I might have to legit grind for a couple levels because the Lord before him killed a couple of my characters a few times. Ain't no telling what this nikka bout to have in store. :francis:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, this is by far the stingiest Tales game when it comes to exp. I bought all the level up exp dlc and I'm like 20hrs in and I've only leveled up ONCE. I got exp meals, double exp and everything going and it's still barely moving the needle. I couldn't imagine grinding levels the legit way in this game. It would probably take 50 hrs to get where I'm at doing it that way. fukk that shyt, I don't have the time for that anymore.

Also feel like for this next Lord I face I might have to legit grind for a couple levels because the Lord before him killed a couple of my characters a few times. Ain't no telling what this nikka bout to have in store. :francis:
Yeah, I remember grinding and looking at the time I'm like how am I only lvl 25 with 25 hours played :why:

The exp most of .monster give on the field is abysmal, how many lord's have you beaten?

nairdas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I remember grinding and looking at the time I'm like how am I only lvl 25 with 25 hours played :why:

The exp most of .monster give on the field is abysmal, how many lord's have you beaten?
I've beaten 4 lords so far. I feel like in a normal Tales game I would be at lvl 85 or something like that by now. I'm only level 41 :francis:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah with this game you HAVE to fight enemies that are your level or stronger.

Fighting weaker enemies (even if they're only a little weaker) is basically a waste of time in terms of EXP.

nairdas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the way they set the exp in this game they better not ever do that shyt again. Going into this game I did not plan on logging in over 100 hrs. But I did and beat every boss in the game. At one point I passed out drunk playing that boss at the top of the tower and my squad smashed him without me :mjlol:

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Am I doing something wrong? Level 23 but the swordsman boss is level 26 and murkin my team in 30 seconds

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished getting platinum for Arise. Here my thoughts with Beseria being my only Tales game I played so far:

-Presentation jump is really nice. It's nice to have a JRPG that looks good beside FF.
- Characters were the highlight to me. While technically not as well rounded as Beseria's cast in terms of development. I still think they did a great job here. The main cast's chemistry was terrific.
- Loved the manga stylized skits. I greatly enjoyed them. Removing the victory screen and just having the banter once you get back to the world was disappointing tho.
- Combat I thought was really fun especially when dealing with mobs. But like what I heard sponge bosses requiring a more patient playstyle didn't really fit in. But it was something I could adjust to. Definitely felt an improvement from Beseria. Ganabelt easily felt like the worse fight in the game. Only time I had to turn down the difficulty besides
when you fight all 4 lords at the same time during post-game.
- I really liked the story. And the payoff was great. Altho their is some stuff in the 2nd half that could have been done better, but that would be nitpicking.

Really loved the game. Not sure when I will get to playing Vesperia and Zesteria, but they are still sitting in my backlog.