Survey: 39% of Americans Say Netflix Has Best Original Content of All Streaming Services

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
This is also a question of what the people have/have had.

For this to be reasonable, you'd have to ask only the people who have had at least a supermajority of the services.

Netflix is almost like colgate to streaming, or what Spotify before Apple music.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
HBO shows are available on HBOMax but the ratings are only for streaming not people watching shyt on regular old HBO cable.
I think Nielsen or HBO compile their numbers but it is on the acquired content chart not original content chart.
no shyt, that's why i said HBO shows are not just streaming...either way they're doing ratings or counting streamers, it's clear HBO is DQed for consideration on that chart

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is also a question of what the people have/have had.

For this to be reasonable, you'd have to ask only the people who have had at least a supermajority of the services.

Netflix is almost like colgate to streaming, or what Spotify before Apple music.
I don't think it works that way. You can just have 1 service and be a Nielsen rater. Your views would only apply to that. Nielsen only has to have a perfectly random way of selecting people who rate.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
no shyt, that's why i said HBO shows are not just streaming...either way they're doing ratings or counting streamers, it's clear HBO is DQed for consideration on that chart
HBO is disqualifying itself. They chose to be on the acquired charts when their shows are original. They chose that not Nielsen and they provide the information of both the streamer and cable to be on that chart. They could be on the original chart if they wanted.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't think it works that way. You can just have 1 service and be a Nielsen rater. Your views would only apply to that. Nielsen only has to have a perfectly random way of selecting people who rate.
What do you mean?

Aren't they asking a random sample of people"Which of these x services do you prefer?"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
HBO is disqualifying itself. They chose to be on the acquired charts when their shows are original. They chose that not Nielsen and they provide the information of both the streamer and cable to be on that chart. They could be on the original chart if they wanted.
ok....it's clear HBO is DQed for that chart

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I do agree for the most part, especially since Netflix has s lot of shows, and a lot of junk food on it. but Dahmer was good…def something I’ll be unable to forget.

But Wednesday and lame ass stranger things and fukking squid games are all things I don’t care To see. Ozark been washed since S2.

The stock has gotten sodomized and they did have like a solid 5 year head start.
:leon:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Exactly random meaning you don't have to have a minimum amount of streaming services.
That's what I'm saying too, therefore you really can't say anything other than more people have Netflix than other streaming services in the US.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That's what I'm saying too, therefore you really can't say anything other than more people have Netflix than other streaming services in the US.

That chart is weird anyway. "billions of minutes" is a dumb way to chart something. millions of people could choose to watch an ep. or two of a show and never return to it..

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Netflix is more of the... "We have all of the best shows, but we will cancel them anytime we want except for a few; so don't get too attached."
True but there's a lot of cancelations going on with the other guys too. Max not only cancels shows but removes them from the platform all together which is crazy

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

B-b-but HBO Max. :laff:

Strong f*cking lineup right there as far as tv shows. I get how HBO goes for that one big swing for the fences tv hit. Sometimes they hit home runs with House of Dragon, Mare of Eastown, Euphoria, and now TLOU but they have a lot of misses too. Plus the HBOMax platform is bare bones and skeleton of itself now