Survey: 39% of Americans Say Netflix Has Best Original Content of All Streaming Services

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Strong f*cking lineup right there as far as tv shows. I get how HBO goes for that one big swing for the fences tv hit. Sometimes they hit home runs with House of Dragon, Mare of Eastown, Euphoria, and now TLOU but they have a lot of misses too.

I like your baseball analogy. Netflix has a low batting average cuz they have a lot of at bats. But when they make contact, they hit for extra bases and home runs. Grand slams too. Their homers are clearing the bases. They have a high slugging percentage and isolated power.

HBO has a high OPS cuz I don't think they're striking out as much. They're hitting for extra bases too. But they have fewer plate appearances than Netflix. If they threw out more shows, maybe they'd have a poorer average. But, as it stands, given their opportunities, they seem to perform more consistently.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That’s clearly a popularity bias, as in more households have Netflix so say Netflix. The fact that prime, probably the second most popular service, is ranked #2 when they’re no where near HBO is telling.

HBO & FX >>> *
Yep all this survey says is 39% of people either have bad taste or don’t know what the fukk they are talking about.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
they haven't removed anything of value from HBO Max.. that's cap. Lol @ "bare bones" .. it's mostly been content nobody was really watching anymore.
The Westwood
The Nevers
Raised By Wolves
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

:beli: Stop it.. and Westwood and The Nevers were supposed to be the next big things

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The Westwood
The Nevers
Raised By Wolves
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

:beli: Stop it.. and Westwood and The Nevers were supposed to be the next big things

So they removed an animated series that everyone has seen a million times and a few shows that were canceled and that's "bare bones"

Also.. u didn't answer my question. What Netflix shows are better than HBO's prestige TV?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I like your baseball analogy. Netflix has a low batting average cuz they have a lot of at bats. But when they make contact, they hit for extra bases and home runs. Grand slams too. Their homers are clearing the bases. They have a high slugging percentage and isolated power.

HBO has a high OPS cuz I don't think they're striking out as much. They're hitting for extra bases too. But they have fewer plate appearances than Netflix. If they threw out more shows, maybe they'd have a poorer average. But, as it stands, given their opportunities, they seem to perform more consistently.
Netflix stacks too many shows on top of each other. They squeezed the new Umbrella Academy in between the two new Stranger Things seasons. That was insane. Why not wait until ST is fully over with then drop the new season of Umbrella and give it its proper time in the spotlight. Of course Squid Games and The Queens Gambit were unexpected hits but their big properties should always get their own week or two to shine. HBO clears the slate for big fare like House Of Dragons and The Last Of Us with one episode per week and milks the show for at least three months with hardly any other releases dropping on top of it.

Season 4 of Succession is probably next with the full roll out and advertising with nothing else dropping on top of it. Meanwhile Netflix drops and entire season at once and then stack two other new shows and three new movies right on top of that all at the same time. They need to slow down a bit cause people run through their hot sh*t in under a week then scream out that ain't shyt on Netflix immediately after.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Netflix stacks too many shows on top of each other. They squeezed the new Umbrella Academy in between the two new Stranger Things seasons. That was insane. Why not wait until ST is fully over with then drop the new season of Umbrella and give it its proper time in the spotlight. Of course Squid Games and The Queens Gambit were unexpected hits but their big properties should always get their own week or two to shine. HBO clears the slate for big fare like House Of Dragons and The Last Of Us with one episode per week and milks the show for at least three months with hardly any other releases dropping on top of it.

Season 4 of Succession is probably next with the full roll out and advertising with nothing else dropping on top of it. Meanwhile Netflix drops and entire season at once and then stack two other new shows and three new movies right on top of that all at the same time. They need to slow down a bit cause people run through their hot sh*t in under a week then scream out that ain't shyt on Netflix immediately after.
It's just a business model thing. They are aiming at every demo just not the high prestige niche shyt like HBO. Not everyone is into Umbrella Academy so they even make the alternative to.that instead of.leaving it to.another service.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
So they removed an animated series that everyone has seen a million times and a few shows that were canceled and that's "bare bones"

Also.. u didn't answer my question. What Netflix shows are better than HBO's prestige TV?
Neck to neck and maybe even better. The shows I've saw and enjoyed were:

The Queens Gambit
Squid Games
Dahmer
Stranger Things
Narcos
Ozark
Mindhunter
House Of Cards
The Haunting Of Hill House
When They See Us
Bojack Horseman
F Is For Family
Dark
Bloodline
Daredevil
Orange Is The New Black
Messiah

You'll front of course but these are right there with anything from anybody period imo. I love The Wire, Sopranos, GOT, Curb, etc just as much as the next guy but HBO has been living off these legacy shows for a long time now.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Also, this thread was upped because some people were trying to write Netflix's obit due to low subs for a couple of quarters now they exceeded expectations for the 4th so again Netflix is still the most popular and that's not changing for the foreseeable future.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Neck to neck and maybe even better. The shows I've saw and enjoyed were:

The Queens Gambit
Squid Games
Dahmer
Stranger Things
Narcos
Ozark
Mindhunter
House Of Cards
The Haunting Of Hill House
When They See Us
Bojack Horseman
F Is For Family
Dark
Bloodline
Daredevil
Orange Is The New Black
Messiah

You'll front of course but these are right there with anything from anybody period imo. I love The Wire, Sopranos, GOT, Curb, etc just as much as the next guy but HBO has been living off these legacy shows for a long time now.

Damn right i'll front because aside from Mindhunter and Stranger Things and Squid Games which is korean the rest are "cool" little shows that aren't seeing Watchmen.. True Detective... Mare of Eastown.. Chernobyl.. Succession.. etc.. i don't even have to get into HBO's Top 5