Super hero fatigue is real.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Especially post End Game, but especially post COVID. Studios and writers simply can’t rely on filler in between CGI fight sequences with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd act. Stories have to be unique. The bad guy has to win more, stakes have to be hire and so do the consequences. The world isn’t the same anymore. It’s harder to get excited for trailers when you already know the conclusion.

Speculation about whats going to happen is usually way off and the actual movie ends up being disappointing. :manny:
precisely. endgame being mid started this

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

End Game could have been half hour and been a better movie. We gotta admit, we watch the first 10 minutes and the last 20 minutes.

Watch up until they cut thanos’ head off, skip to when thanos shoots the missle at avengers HQ

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I said post end game :mjpls:

It was an end to an era. And it actually felt like the conclusion of the MCU. A fitting end.

Because of COVID over a year passed before anything was released. The first 3 TV shows were dope. Then Black Widow dropped on streaming and theaters which was a bad idea. Then Shang Chi dropped, but theaters wasn’t all the way back.

Basically 2021 wasn’t that bad. Eternals was the only property that want well received..

2022 is where shyt got bad. I’m not going to go into details, but they dropped 9 projects on 2021 and another 9 in 2022. That’s too much.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I said post end game :mjpls:

It was an end to an era. And it actually felt like the conclusion of the MCU. A fitting end.

Because of COVID over a year passed before anything was released. The first 3 TV shows were dope. Then Black Widow dropped on streaming and theaters which was a bad idea. Then Shang Chi dropped, but theaters wasn’t all the way back.

Basically 2021 wasn’t that bad. Eternals was the only property that want well received..

2022 is where shyt got bad. I’m not going to go into details, but they dropped 9 projects on 2021 and another 9 in 2022. That’s too much.
im gonna pretend you meant endgame and on because endgame in comparison to IW was midgame

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think the fatigue is people just became numb to the game of interconnected movies.

Like Marvel doesn’t know how to tell interesting single movies anymore.

There’s no problem with Ms Marvel being a tv show but if the climax of your story is just a tease to Captain Marvel and X-Men people are eventually going to tune out cause they just want X-Men.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I don't see the MCU doing well again until x-men becomes the focus.

Who cares about bench warmers. Forcing the MCU to continue with these stale characters is messing things up.

It doesn't help that they killed off t'challa.

If I was them, I'd start doing some stand alone movies. Like old man blade with wesley, storm's origin, kingpin's come up etc.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's Disney's own doing due to making the MCU event driven. Once they lost the event feeling with endgame it made the other films redundant. I don't think there will be hype except for Spiderman and X-Men.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's Disney's own doing due to making the MCU event driven. Once they lost the event feeling with endgame it made the other films redundant. I don't think there will be hype except for Spiderman and X-Men.

A well done Fantastic Four movie will do it also. They need a comic accurate doom and Reed though. Not the goofy shyt we’ve been getting

I want something with the feeling of ford vs Ferrari, or The Prestige

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It won’t stop until they bomb at the box office.

I can’t stand all this shyt but MFers line up to see them and they generate billions
Yeah but even those money machines are becoming stale.

I don’t see She Hulk hands or Wonder Man lunch boxes having the pull of Iron Man or Black Panther as merchandise

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Batman has been getting diminishing returns as well. Nolan's Batman box office was a guaranteed billion, Snyder's was not but close and Reeves' is even less than Snyder's.

This guy been trying to get this point off for months. The Batman did great. It made $770M at the box office in a limited time release. It was sent to HBO Max after 45 days to try to get more subs. If that doesn't happen it probably gets real close or surpasses a billion.

Stop leaving out the details.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Nah, because no matter who they picked I guarantee people wouldn't be happy.

Plus Shuri being BP has precedence in the comics anyway. It was the right choice.
This whole “well it happened in the comics” thing needs to be reexamined.

I had the discussion with my brother other day

In reality, a thousand diff scenarios happened ihe comics.

Them choosing those random things from the comics to happen before they get to the real stuff people actually wanna see is the problem.

Now this multiverse shyt which made DC wack as fukk. Hated when marvel went tjat route. There strength was always their early continuity. The stuff that happened 2000-now is ultra lackluster yet they keep going to that well and people justify it because “it happened in comics”. Yea it did. After 500 other better story arcs. But noone bought black panther comic to watch shuri.

If the next films set up a multiverse to bring in another panther, then yea it was the right move; for the moment. But If they continue with shuri as the black panther exclusively for more films, it will backfire on them.

I dont think covid is the reason 2 made 500 million less than 1.