Super hero fatigue is real.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think it's mostly d list character fatique. marvel got cocky when guardians was a hit and now think any comicbook property can translate to sales.
Spiderman and Batmans recent film both did well and were well received. (stories weren't any better than any other super heroes despite what gunn is saying.)

shazam, black adam, antman and all these other side characters are the ones flopping.

as much as people like the say that the avengers a c list, individually they are, but they were also the first team up film of muliple solo characters.
Realistically, Marvel should build up hype again by focusing on either X-men, FF4, or make Daredevil and Spiderman their primary focus going forward.

Blue Beetle is going to flop hard, the marvels will flop too, madame web is going to flop, guadiarns 3 will show signs of diminishing returns but might do alright since its being marketed as the last gunn film. thunderbolts and cap 4 will both do antman 2 numbers.
Batman has been getting diminishing returns as well. Nolan's Batman box office was a guaranteed billion, Snyder's was not but close and Reeves' is even less than Snyder's.
I think the finality of End Game gave a lot of people an excuse/reason just to check out. Someone needs to drum up similar excitement for the masses to come back. The MCU is spread too thin in Phase 4 to do that. They are working toward a big story but it was a slow burn initially just to introduce new characters. And the Multiverse may bee too complicated to resonate with the general audience like the Infinity Saga. It gets confusing rather quickly.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Who's happy about how BP 2 turned out?
I would've only been happy if Chadwick had reprised the role, or they cgi his face and voice like james earl jones. otherwise they would've just been better off pushing blade or luke cage instead imo.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I think it's mostly d list character fatique. marvel got cocky when guardians was a hit and now think any comicbook property can translate to sales.
Spiderman and Batmans recent film both did well and were well received. (stories weren't any better than any other super heroes despite what gunn is saying.)

shazam, black adam, antman and all these other side characters are the ones flopping.

as much as people like the say that the avengers a c list, individually they are, but they were also the first team up film of muliple solo characters.
Realistically, Marvel should build up hype again by focusing on either X-men, FF4, or make Daredevil and Spiderman their primary focus going forward.

Blue Beetle is going to flop hard, the marvels will flop too, madame web is going to flop, guadiarns 3 will show signs of diminishing returns but might do alright since its being marketed as the last gunn film. thunderbolts and cap 4 will both do antman 2 numbers.
Exactly, mufukkas talmbout shows about Echo and Agatha Harkness :hhh:
What's next, Stilt Man? :mjlol:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Exactly, mufukkas talmbout shows about Echo and Agatha Harkness :hhh:
What's next, Stilt Man? :mjlol:
:mjlol:
I remember as a kid reading spiderman comics and being mad that some crossover event forced me to read Ghostrider or some other character i wasn't interested in, in order to get the full context of the story arc. and that was ghostrider, they scraping the bottom of the barrel with fukkin Echo and Agatha.
same here as well, only reason i'm watching echo is because of daredevil. skipping agatha entirely.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I fully agree on this part

but not this part

Since those genres tend to have more range. Horrors can be sometimes be samey depending on the type and who's making them, but comedies and thrillers can be worlds apart. If someone wasn't into superheroes, you'd know what they mean but if someone wasn't into comedies or thrillers, you find it a bit more surprising. Especially now that people have figured out how to strike gold with superhero movies they have a set formula. Some do stray like multiverse of madness but even still they only go so far out.

Maybe but like someone broke down the SuperHero genre…

At the core of a horror movie…. To break that down there essentially is either always a supernatural figure, demon, or demigod type person that is hunting and killing humans, a human always running, and in the end the human wins.

It’s typically the same shyt reskinned year after year after year. I see there is a trailer for a new nun supernatural horror jawn and it looks no different on a base level than horrors from the 70s

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
:mjlol:
I remember as a kid reading spiderman comics and being mad that some crossover event forced me to read Ghostrider or some other character i wasn't interested in, in order to get the full context of the story arc. and that was ghostrider, they scraping the bottom of the barrel with fukkin Echo and Agatha.
same here as well, only reason i'm watching echo is because of daredevil. skipping agatha entirely.
Yup, Recast Cap and Iron Man, and keep the ball rolling

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther 2 was never going to make as much money as the first whether they recasted T'Challa or not.

It wouldn't have even made as much if Chadwick had lived to be in it

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I’m not fatigued. If you don’t want to watch it don’t watch it.

Imagine being an adult and forcing yourself to watch Shazam 2 or Super Pets or Avengers 4 so you can keep up with the zeitgeist.

Stop.

This.

Also I think how many times people watch these movies may play a part. If you watched each of these movies 10 more times each year (per movie) …. Which equates to about 10 or more days then maybe that makes a little more sense.

But if I watch these movies once every year. And let’s say 5 come out so that’s 5 days in 364 days. I just don’t get how does one get fatigued.

I saw BP2 one time, that was months ago. How would I be tired of if and fatigued? Lol just nonsense

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I think people are good on weirdo/cosmic/over reliance on CGI comic book shyt- I think more grounded , good story telling comic book movies/shows can still draw a good audience- I have SOME hope that DD maybe a good show (not as good as Netflix) but definitely better than the trash Marvel has put out recently

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I still don’t think Antman 3 or the last few movies been bad.

As I think there is a pretty decent scale now adays to assess the real bad from the great.

But I do think what homey said at the top is more of the issue

People see these trailers and start speculating all this shyt and start reading all these fake trailers and get their hopes so high up that it’s hard to reach. Then be disappointed when they are wrong or it don’t turn out how they wanted it to be. So then there is rage.

Not for nothing, there are more comedies, horrors, thrillers, and etc movies that drop every year but it’s crazy no one ever says there is fatigue with those.

Just a dumb excuse

A good movie and story will sell regardless. It's definitely been a downward decline so the fatigue is real but primarily due to meh stories and effects.

Get good stories and memorable characters and all will be fine. L
Nah, because no matter who they picked I guarantee people wouldn't be happy.

Plus Shuri being BP has precedence in the comics anyway. It was the right choice.

Numbers disagree. :yeshrug:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Never understood this phrase. Superhero Comics weren't invented a decade ago. They've been around since the 30s and have gotten more and more popular with each generation. If this fatigue existed, the toy, convention, animation industries would collapse.

People aren't getting bored of consuming Superhero content....filmmakers are getting bored of making them but that's their problem. Get Good or stfu and do something else.