Super hero fatigue is real.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
shoulda recasted T'Challa.
It wouldn’t have made a difference unless Wakanda was going to be the central piece to the MCU or anchor character like Tony Stark. They released this in Phase 4 with all the other random sequels and TV shows.

The main arc is the multiverse and the skrulls. BP and Wakanda will probably only play a small role.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Batman has been getting diminishing returns as well. Nolan's Batman box office was a guaranteed billion, Snyder's was not but close and Reeves' is even less than Snyder's.
I think the finality of End Game gave a lot of people an excuse/reason just to check out. Someone needs to drum up similar excitement for the masses to come back. The MCU is spread too thin in Phase 4 to do that. They are working toward a big story but it was a slow burn initially just to introduce new characters. And the Multiverse may bee too complicated to resonate with the general audience like the Infinity Saga. It gets confusing rather quickly.
Excitement was there. It’s just COVID happened. Movies got pushed back and release dates for juggled. Fans were acting like drug addicts for content. People were saying Wandavison deserved an Emmy nomination. By the end of 2021 into 2022 the narrative changed. People realized the infinity saga was over the there was no more infinity stones. But they kept doing call backs and Easter eggs to the past.

The made a conscious decision to put a lot of distance between the last X-men/F4 movies and the new ones without any real explaination. Now fans are angry and I don’t blame them.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Excitement was there. It’s just COVID happened. Movies got pushed back and release dates for juggled. Fans were acting like drug addicts for content. People were saying Wandavison deserved an Emmy nomination. By the end of 2021 into 2022 the narrative changed. People realized the infinity saga was over the there was no more infinity stones. But they kept doing call backs and Easter eggs to the past.

The made a conscious decision to put a lot of distance between the last X-men/F4 movies and the new ones without any real explaination. Now fans are angry and I don’t blame them.
WandaVision was really good tho. It deserves its accolades.
I think it was smart to wait to do X-Men.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
WandaVision was really good tho. It deserves its accolades.
I think it was smart to wait to do X-Men.
But one thing they won’t be able to get away with is having all of these mutants show up and have them on earth the entire time. They won’t be able to explain it away like the Eternals. So you gotta have a young Charles and magneto.

But since the multiverse is now in play they could’ve literally introduced the X-Men in another universe and built off of that.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But one thing they won’t be able to get away with is having all of these mutants show up and have them on earth the entire time. They won’t be able to explain it away like the Eternals. So you gotta have a young Charles and magneto.

But since the multiverse is now in play they could’ve literally introduced the X-Men in another universe and built off of that.
They got their plans. X-Men 97' coming this summer.
And they would have to buy out the Fox actors to recast them. So they just decided to wait. I don't think that's a bad idea.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
It’s the shytty Marvel formula that’s giving fatigue. shytty interchangeable dialogue, reshoots, shytty CGI etc. you can say these are d-list character but nobody was saying that about Blade, Daredevil or Punisher.

Directors need freedom.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Black Panther 2 was never going to make as much money as the first whether they recasted T'Challa or not.

It wouldn't have even made as much if Chadwick had lived to be in it

It 100% woulda made more than WF