Super hero fatigue is real.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
It’s the shytty Marvel formula that’s giving fatigue. shytty interchangeable dialogue, reshoots, shytty CGI etc. you can say these are d-list character but nobody was saying that about Blade, Daredevil or Punisher.

Directors need freedom.
I really think its this, tbh. A lot of restrictions by disney in order to not hurt their international and family friendly appeal, coupled with whats said above. I think it showed itself more during phase four more than others.

The thing is I believe Disney can make good mature PG-13 movies (Pirates Franchise 1-3), movies that tackle ongoing social topics (Remember the Titans) and super hero movies (Iron Man, Winter Soldier, GOTG) but obviously the direction and way they go about it has changed as of late.

I think fans complaining about fatigue are just demanding a better product, which they deserve

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Nah, because no matter who they picked I guarantee people wouldn't be happy.

Plus Shuri being BP has precedence in the comics anyway. It was the right choice.

In the comics you had T'Challa and Shuri as Black Panther. Allegedly though Marvel was planning on pushing Shuri as BP even before Chadwick passed. Which he wasn't pleased with. Because he only had the character for one movie and they were already trying to sideline him.

Which they didn't do with Ironman, Thor or Captain America :mjpls:

So Marvel like most cac companies didn't want a Black male centric franchise. :mjpls:

But they could have re-casted him by creating a clone (Sci Fi movies do it all the time) , an AI version of T'Challa which would have assisted Shuri, a multiverse version of T'Challa or a time variant.

But Coogler seemed like he didn't even want to do the film and messed it up deliberately. By weirdly having T'Challa perish in Wakanda from some mysterious illness. Which is bizarre because how can Wakanda not cure a disease?

Then getting rid of his mom Ramonda which made no sense, which Angela fought against him doing but he ignored her.

And also having the sea mexicans attack Wakanda and get away with it was insulting and silly. Because in the real world wars last for years over similar offenses. And in the comics Wakanda isn't a push over like that.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The fatigue is real. People are craving tactical movies. We saw tons of other franchises set record box office last month.

Audiences are tired of wack movies with shytty VFX and mid shows. It's just too much content especially from Marvel. That's why they're scaling back this year.

Guardians is the only comic movie I want to see until next barman or joker. I just want the X-Men already

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Especially post End Game, but especially post COVID. Studios and writers simply can’t rely on filler in between CGI fight sequences with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd act. Stories have to be unique. The bad guy has to win more, stakes have to be hire and so do the consequences. The world isn’t the same anymore. It’s harder to get excited for trailers when you already know the conclusion.

Speculation about whats going to happen is usually way off and the actual movie ends up being disappointing. :manny:
Just stop

Its not simple

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
still haven’t watched Wakanda or Ant Man and im not really excited for any of the new marvel movies. Until Disney stop playing and roll out the Fantastic 4 and X-men i ain’t really fukkin with it at this point.

DC stuff I haven’t watched any of it since Snyder Cut, even the movies that people say are good i thought was trash, like Wonder Woman, Aqua Man, Shazam so im def not gonna go see Shazam 2 and black Adam. Only reason i watched WW1984 is because it was free on hbo max during lockdown. I would have busted skulls if i paid money for that shyt.

Only super hero movie im hype for is Across The Spiderverse, I’ll watch Flash when it comes to HBO and Blue Beetle looks like Shark Boy and Lava Girl HBO MAX leftovers, pre-discovery buy out.

nikkas gassing that blue beetle shyt are retarded and deserve bad movies

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
In the comics you had T'Challa and Shuri as Black Panther. Allegedly though Marvel was planning on pushing Shuri as BP even before Chadwick passed. Which he wasn't pleased with. Because he only had the character for one movie and they're already trying to sideline him.

So Marvel like most cac companies didn't want a Black male centric franchise. :mjpls:

But they could have re-casted him by creating a clone (Sci Fi movies do it all the time) , an AI version of T'Challa which would have assisted Shuri, a multiverse version of T'Challa or a time variant.

But Coogler seemed like he didn't even want to do the film and messed it up deliberately. By weirdly having T'Challa perish in Wakanda from some mysterious illness. Which is bizarre because how can Wakanda not cure a disease?

Then getting rid of his mom Ramonda which made no sense, which Angela fought against him doing but he ignored her.

And also having the sea mexicans attack Wakanda and get away with it was insulting and silly. Because in the real world wars last for years over stuff like that. And in the comics Wakanda isn't a push over like that.
Honestly, Boseman was in his early 40’s. So I can see why they wanted to go younger sooner rather than later. I knew they were going to introduce a younger version. But not that young.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
In the comics you had T'Challa and Shuri as Black Panther. Allegedly though Marvel was planning on pushing Shuri as BP even before Chadwick passed. Which he wasn't pleased with. Because he only had the character for one movie and they're already trying to sideline him.

And also having the sea mexicans attack Wakanda and get away with it was insulting and silly. Because in the real world wars last for years over stuff like that. And in the comics Wakanda isn't a push over like that.

You that upset about a female lead? This sounds wild insecure.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The fatigue is real. People are craving tactical movies. We saw tons of other franchises set record box office last month.

Audiences are tired of wack movies with shytty VFX and mid shows. It's just too much content especially from Marvel. That's why they're scaling back this year.

Guardians is the only comic movie I want to see until next barman or joker. I just want the X-Men already

But half of the top domestic box office was comic book movies and Ant-Man is still number one this year. So the market is still there.

Even with fatigue, they still carry ticket sales for the entire industry. The music hasn’t stopped, but it’s slowing. They definitely gonna have to reinvent shyt.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
But half of the top domestic box office was comic book movies and Ant-Man is still number one this year. So the market is still there.

Even with fatigue, they still carry ticket sales for the entire industry. The music hasn’t stopped, but it’s slowing. They definitely gonna have to reinvent shyt.
Yes but Ant-Man fizzled very quickly and everything non Spider-Man related post end game had pretty bad word of mouth with some film straight up reviled and the MCU had their first two rotten entries granted that's bullshyt they didn't have any before but public opinion has changed

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Yes but Ant-Man fizzled very quickly and everything non Spider-Man related post end game had pretty bad word of mouth with some film straight up reviled and the MCU had their first two rotten entries granted that's bullshyt they didn't have any before but public opinion has changed
Spider man did numbers because of

1. Characters from previous spidermen being in it
2. It was the first MCU released in over 4000 theaters post Covid. There was an actual Covid surge after that movie dropped.

They simply released too much content. Some movies like Thor shouldn’t have been made in the first place.

And less we forget, the original plot for Spider Man didn’t include Dr. Strange. They changed it because of Multiverse of Madness, which is why the overall continuity was ass.