Super hero fatigue is real.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I think it's mostly d list character fatique. marvel got cocky when guardians was a hit and now think any comicbook property can translate to sales.
Spiderman and Batmans recent film both did well and were well received. (stories weren't any better than any other super heroes despite what gunn is saying.)

shazam, black adam, antman and all these other side characters are the ones flopping.

as much as people like the say that the avengers a c list, individually they are, but they were also the first team up film of muliple solo characters.
Realistically, Marvel should build up hype again by focusing on either X-men, FF4, or make Daredevil and Spiderman their primary focus going forward.

Blue Beetle is going to flop hard, the marvels will flop too, madame web is going to flop, guadiarns 3 will show signs of diminishing returns but might do alright since its being marketed as the last gunn film. thunderbolts and cap 4 will both do antman 2 numbers.

After End Game they should have took like a year off.

Then they should a started with the X Men, like they did with Iron Man. Just a dope movie with the Original 5. No Wolverine til like part 3.

Same build up like they did with Iron Man etc. So like: X Men, X Force, Apla Flight... whatever different "solo" films that all come together in a big event.

The real problem with Marvel and Avengers is that Endgame was the end of that story. We really went from Thanos to Mysterio.. Just let the Avengers entire series rest (by Avengers I mean ALL those mfs coming out of portals behind Cap in the final fight).

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Why do that when they can just ride out with Shuri for the next couple of years? Him being that young they can take their sweet time.
Cause that shyt didn't do the numbers it was supposed to.. I mean she won't disappear.. I'm sure she'll get some cameo's and minor parts in team up movies.. But for BLACK PANTHER 3... Oh that's gonna be her passing that shyt right off to T'Challa

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You right but you know most folks here ain’t tryna hear that. :dead:
It ain't about what we trying to hear.. You don't go down 500 million in sales and then say "Lets keep on the same path"

You think BP3 gonna be Shuri for another 2.5 hour ride? She'll be passing the torch on down. Hell, BP3 ain't even in the plans and they got the shyt mapped out to 2027 already. It'll be 2026 before we even HEAR about the next BP film. They ain't casting her as the main in that one... Then what? Get T'Challa back for BP4 in 2032?

Think like Hollywood for a second.. They barely got BP off the ground. You think they letting a black woman run it into the ground?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It ain't about what we trying to hear.. You don't go down 500 million in sales and then say "Lets keep on the same path"

You think BP3 gonna be Shuri for another 2.5 hour ride? She'll be passing the torch on down. Hell, BP3 ain't even in the plans and they got the shyt mapped out to 2027 already. It'll be 2026 before we even HEAR about the next BP film. They ain't casting her as the main in that one... Then what? Get T'Challa back for BP4 in 2032?

Think like Hollywood for a second.. They barely got BP off the ground. You think they letting a black woman run it into the ground?
Rather than Letitia headlining another solo film, I think it’s more likely that Shuri would hold the mantle down through various appearances leading up to Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars. With Loveness confirming her presence and Marvel Studios already investing the time into establishing her as BP in Wakanda Forever, I don’t see her going anywhere anytime soon.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
tbh both studios got over ambitious

Snyder introuced Darkseid and shyt load of CGI in a 4 hour film when that cinematic universe was still anew (with a couple failures). Im sure all of what they were doing cost too much and how are you suppose to make followup films for the justice league when they kinda faced the most OP villain from the start? Mind you, we barely had Darkseid speak, see a backstory or see any real motive for terraforming the world, we just know he wanted the heck Anti-Life is. Sabbac, Darkseid, Sisters of Atlas are all OP villains with lines that sound like something outta Cartoon Network. But Amanda Waller and Riddler (The Batman) seemed more interesting.

Marvel got too ambitious as well after end game and jumped RIGHT into a line of TV shows and more films. Ontop of that the premise of all these films and shows now is multiversal time travel on some Dr. Who shyt. Too add to that we now also got mutants, atlantis, mystic gods, celestials etc. My point is its a bit of a clusterfukk but when the marvel films were simpler and transitioned to space travel, I think thats what made it more palatable. It would have been nice to see marvel go down to street-level, city-ending type stories where we see more character relationships etc. after endgame.

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
You right but you know most folks here ain’t tryna hear that. :dead:
You see it they didn't open that Shuri box just for one movie :mjlol:
Rather than Letitia headlining another solo film, I think it’s more likely that Shuri would hold the mantle down through various appearances leading up to Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars. With Loveness confirming her presence and Marvel Studios already investing the time into establishing her as BP in Wakanda Forever, I don’t see her going anywhere anytime soon.
this is exactly whats going to happen only way we'll see a young T'challa as a version of BP soon is if they put him on the young avengers.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This guy been trying to get this point off for months. The Batman did great. It made $770M at the box office in a limited time release. It was sent to HBO Max after 45 days to try to get more subs. If that doesn't happen it probably gets real close or surpasses a billion.

Stop leaving out the details.
OK, explain away Justice League and BvS nit making a billion now.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Super hero fandom has been thriving since long before the MCU and DCEU existed, so people that been down with the genre for decades aren't just suddenly tired of it. The movies are just one part of the fandom, and if they are sub-par then fans just won't rock with them.

Now casual movie goers may be a different story...

But a lot of these half hearted movies that been coming out would have just been better suited for Disney+ and HBO max releases at a smaller percentage of the budget. Something like Blue Beetle can just be a cartoon :mjlol:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Super hero fandom has been thriving since long before the MCU existed, so people that been down with the genre for decades aren't just suddenly tired of it. The movies are just one part of the fandom, and if they are sub-par then fans just won't rock with them.
I think fans in 2008 who were in that 18-24 age group simply out grew it. You got inflation, high cost of living and a shytty job market. 10 years ago, I use to go to the movies every month. Now I only go to see MCU films. People have less free time. So they will consume reaction videos on YouTube before they decide to go. And the fact that movies stream 1 1/2 - 2 months after the release date in theaters, people simply choose to wait.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I don't think it's fatigue but there definitely isn't as much excitement for these movies since Endgame. People are not excited for DC stuff because it's been a cluster when it comes to the DCEU/Snyderverse. Hopefully with Gunn being in control they get it right.

There's no hype for Marvel/MCU because the stakes aren't there since Endgame.

As long as WB and Disney are not putting out stuff in the vein of Catwoman, Jonah Hex, Elektra, Affleck Daredevil, Nick Cage Ghost Rider movies, Green Lantern, the Fantastic Four, etc they'll be fine.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don't think it's fatigue but there definitely isn't as much excitement for these movies since Endgame. People are not excited for DC stuff because it's been a cluster when it comes to the DCEU/Snyderverse. Hopefully with Gunn being in control they get it right.

There's no hype for Marvel/MCU because the stakes aren't there since Endgame.

As long as WB and Disney are not putting out stuff in the vein of Catwoman, Jonah Hex, Elektra, Affleck Daredevil, Nick Cage Ghost Rider movies, Green Lantern, the Fantastic Four, etc they'll be fine.
I think with Marvel, fans simply want to skip to the New Avengers, F4 and X-Men. To them everything else is just filler.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the comics you had T'Challa and Shuri as Black Panther. Allegedly though Marvel was planning on pushing Shuri as BP even before Chadwick passed. Which he wasn't pleased with. Because he only had the character for one movie and they were already trying to sideline him.

Which they didn't do with Ironman, Thor or Captain America :mjpls:

So Marvel like most cac companies didn't want a Black male centric franchise. :mjpls:

But they could have re-casted him by creating a clone (Sci Fi movies do it all the time) , an AI version of T'Challa which would have assisted Shuri, a multiverse version of T'Challa or a time variant.

But Coogler seemed like he didn't even want to do the film and messed it up deliberately. By weirdly having T'Challa perish in Wakanda from some mysterious illness. Which is bizarre because how can Wakanda not cure a disease?

Then getting rid of his mom Ramonda which made no sense, which Angela fought against him doing but he ignored her.

And also having the sea mexicans attack Wakanda and get away with it was insulting and silly. Because in the real world wars last for years over similar offenses. And in the comics Wakanda isn't a push over like that.
:dead: at the bolded.

This whole post reads like the rantings of a mad man suffering
From bouts of paranoia.