Super hero fatigue is real.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They could always fix the script when translating it to screen. Comics Civil War for example was trash and damn near ruined some fan favorite characters like Stark. Film Civil War actually had a compelling plot and had ppl siding with Stark.

On the reverse, Days of Future past is one of the best runs in comic history....the film is mid at best, when you compare it to the material.
Making changes is dicey but I agree.

But in the macro sense the fact they jumped to post 2003 for the last three major Captain America stories( Civil War, Winter Soldier, and Sam Cap/Isiah Bradley) makes it seem like the 70ish years of Cap ain’t interesting.

That seems to go for most of the major characters.wwhulk, extremis,Gor.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marvel built their initial movie empire on the back of one of the GOAT events in comic book history and are surprised when no other stories can live up to it??? Feige used Infinity Gauntlet to get a HUGE boost and now that they need to rely on their own pens the ink is going dry......and they can't drop no x-men to help because they nerfed them in their movie and comic book universes.

:russ::russ:

If DC hadn't been so dumb to allow Snyder to waste Death of Superman + the introduction of Darkseid they'd have the same fan expectation problem as Marvel, but they can still pull Flashpoint, the Crisis series, and a ton of GL stories to tell to correct their failures.

Do you realize how many characters they still have left to tell stories about:russ:

The only real fatigue is with the characters who it feels like their arc had come to an end with "End Game". They are trying to convince us that these characters still have a story left. But fans essentially did a memorium with these characters in their current incarnation. We said goodbye to funny Thor,goodbye to weak ass Smart Hulk. Goodbye to the comedic side chsracter of Antman. The only characters I think who still have life are Dr Strange and Spiderman. And thats because they practically reinvented Spiderman by essentially rebooting it. And i think there is a path to reinventing Dr Strange as well. MCU just didnt realize they need to take some of these OG's out back like Lassie:francis:. The rest could feel the writing on the wall and went out gracefully it seems.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The movies have become soulless commercial product that are often made by people with open contempt for the genre.

Do they really have a choice if they are hell bent on making all of these movies connect again? It would be nice if every movie didnt have to have the same tone,same rating,same aesthetic visually? Not sure why directors arent allowed to have their own visions. I mean if I had to assume why,its because the studios want to make sure all characters can fit into each others movies, without it being too jarring and out of place.

But is there really any proof it would be jarring to see lets say Christian Bales Batman in an Spiderman movie for example lol? Daredevil came from a "grounded in reality" style. But didnt seem horribly out of place in SheHulk.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Do they really have a choice if they are hell bent on making all of these movies connect again? It would be nice if every movie didnt have to have the same tone,same rating,same aesthetic visually? Not sure why directors arent allowed to have their own visions. I mean if I had to assume why,its because the studios want to make sure all characters can fit into each others movies, without it being too jarring and out of place.

But is there really any proof it would be jarring to see lets say Christian Bales Batman in an Spiderman movie for example lol? Daredevil came from a "grounded in reality" style. But didnt seem horribly out of place in SheHulk.
We’ll see if they were successful in drawing in a larger female audience with The Marvels, I guess.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i really havent been able to get any sleep at night knowing shazam 2 really may have ended the super hero movie run. its crazy to think about

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Everybody all of a sudden has superhero fatigue when the MCU starts showcasing more black/Asian/female characters?

:mjpls:
tbh, they are kinda overdoing it.

For example, Shazam doesnt need the rainbow coalition of minorities and paraplegics following him into battle. Too much character clutter on the screen. It can be woven into the plot in an artistic manner.

It seems unnecesarily forced and doesnt actually add to the story. For example, Black Adam used a cast of women and non-white people excellently without bogging down the plot. Sony’s take on animated Mile’s a few years ago did well also

Marvel writers need to get their heads out of their asses and get over this sitcom era they’re going through
I miss the darker era of marvel. I had to walk out of Thor’s film because they were doing too much with the comedy, especially once they made it to the god council

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
MCU is definitely struggling post Endgame and I think that's what is causing the super hero fatigue. There were mid movies in the earlier phases and that didnt stop people still being excited for them but because of the bigger picture of the Avengers/infinity Saga link up, it was easy to ignore those mid ones. Now, its not so easy to ignore